The online racing simulator
Fox @ BL - sudden improvement in lap time
A couple of weeks ago my PB was 1.08.88 and I could comfortably put some 1.09.20s in and be amongst the fastest on the servers.

In the last few days a whole slew of drivers are doing 1.07s there IS a new setup at Inferno, but it's way too loose and the cars I'm chasing don't seem slip at all.

Anone know why the sudden improvement has appeared...
There's been a server up running it constantly for the past week or so. Therefore people race there alot and consequently their times improve.

I managed to go from 1:08.2 to a 1:07.85
I still wait for my 1.07 lap..
I only managed to do a 1.08.50 lap :< But that is with an setup I got from a random dude, maybe I should try the inferno set?

Anyway, I like loose setups, my style is very agressive, and I usually does a lot of sliding, so that suits me perfect :P hehe..
Quote from The Very End :I still wait for my 1.07 lap..
I only managed to do a 1.08.50 lap :< But that is with an setup I got from a random dude, maybe I should try the inferno set?

Anyway, I like loose setups, my style is very agressive, and I usually does a lot of sliding, so that suits me perfect :P hehe..

That random dude coulda been me, your name is familiar
Quote from Ryanry64 :That random dude coulda been me, your name is familiar

Feel kind of shamed :S
Sorry, your setup was great, no doubt, only me that needs better - to even out the speed/n00biness of my driving style

Thank for setup I got tho, hehe :S
You still managed to do great times with that, that tells that you are a great driver. Thats at least positive !
The secret is that the WR set has made its way out to the public servers, i slashed my time from 1:08.11 to 1:07.95...but my first 2 splits are good for a few tenths off wr at 23.21 and 48.65, but i arsed up the last few turns...so hopefully i will improve it. (my old pb was using the inferno set)

So yeh basically the WR set when got used to is amazing, and its been leaked to various people who are not shy in sharing setups.
Didn't think I'd suddenly turned crap, guess I need to ask for a set - a shame since I've been working on my own which (until recently) was awesome...
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :So yeh basically the WR set when got used to is amazing, and its been leaked to various people who are not shy in sharing setups.

Improved my pb to a 1:07.59 btw.

Bio you're awsome. :P
#9 - Jakg
/me feels left out...
Someone attach the wr set to this thread please
Stop showing off dark

I could of got close to that, my first 1:07 was with poor first and second splits, but i destroyed the last section...then i reversed that with great first splits and a crap last one.

What were your splits? just so i know when i am getting close

(oh and i got in the top15!)
Quote from SabersKunk :Someone attach the wr set to this thread please

+1
!!!
Quote from The Very End :+1
!!!

ditto
Quote from SabersKunk :Someone attach the wr set to this thread please

Absolutely.

Nice thread guys, way to make me feel proud of my 1:10.
Personally I don't like Biohazards set, tried it pleanty of times and can't get used to it, so I use my own. Got a 1.07.69 yesterday and i'm bored of that combo now.

Attatched the setup I used, doesn't hold the speed as well as Biohazards set but all round it's much easier to drive.
Attached files
FORMULA XR_bl gp tes.set - 132 B - 162 views
there´s no secret, dudes.
the reason for these improved times is the lack of trying of everybody.
improvement is still possible

the set is the one i used ever since i uploaded my first hotlap on this combo.
seems to be the one of paps, modified by punishr and me.
(so it´s the one on setupfield )

hf
Attached files
FORMULA XR_bl1 neu.set - 132 B - 161 views
What's stranger is when you make a sudden improvement WITHOUT any changes. I beat my PB by over a second yesterday, it was the first time in ages that I'd raced the FOX at BL. Sometimes taking a break is the best way to get faster. You come back and see the track with new eyes.
Quote from Biohazard :the set is the one i used ever since i uploaded my first hotlap on this combo.seems to be the one of paps

so you finaly mentioned me joke

i like what you 2 have done wit set, basicly just wings and abit more brakes

for people that have problems just put +1 front and rear wing, you will loose some speed but in corners its better, and u get more grip which is reasonable
Just want to say that I had some great fun on this combo last night....Me and two other clanless guys where doing some, compared to you guys, medium paced 1.08 times, but the racing was great!
Any other track I can be reasonably competetive in the Fox and get rostrum finishes, beaten only by the super aliens.

Blackwood though...

I'm 4 seconds off the pace on the rare ocassions I do a good lap !

I hate that track.
Setup is key at this track in the FOX because you need to be able to take some kerb exiting the corner onto the long straight and still get the power down early. Very tricky. Also the final bend is important and the tyres for entry to this corner are often cold as most of the lap works the left hand tyres..
Quote from Becky Rose :Any other track I can be reasonably competetive in the Fox and get rostrum finishes, beaten only by the super aliens.

Blackwood though...

I'm 4 seconds off the pace on the rare ocassions I do a good lap !

I hate that track.

:iagree:

Well...I may not be quite as quick as Becky on some tracks but whatever I do to a setup I can't get quick at Blackwood....maybe a high 1:09

Annoyingly, the worst was when I watched Phlos' replay and ran a "Test Drive" on that and immediately took 3/4 of a second off my PB

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG