The online racing simulator
Returning to LFS
(31 posts, started )
#1 - Vain
Returning to LFS
Hello everyone.

With the recent announcements about the Westhill update my interest in LFS has picked up again. Last week, after 6 years of not playing LFS, I finally got my old G25 from the basement and plugged it in. If any of you readers are thinking about doing the same, here's my verdict:

It's awesome.

Somehow over the years I completely forgot that LFS is still 99% distilled fun. I got back into it within hours and am enjoying myself a lot. I signed up for the Torsdagsrace and had loads of fun at the event.

So again, if any of your are thinking about going back online, do it. It's the same fun it ever was.
Share your story if you decide(d) to come back, too.

Vain
Its on the agenda Will hopefully get my seat and wheel up and running during the week.
Welcome back Vain and Fredrik! Good to see you signed up to LFSCART, Fredrick
Thx Deko, looking forward to some league-racing with you guys again
Quote from audimasta :Its on the agenda Will hopefully get my seat and wheel up and running during the week.

Cool, thinking about this myself. Though I need to buy a new wheel first :eclipsee_
Guess it It`l be G27 unless theres something better at a similar price.
Welcome back guys!
Quote from MyBoss :Cool, thinking about this myself. Though I need to buy a new wheel first :eclipsee_
Guess it It`l be G27 unless theres something better at a similar price.

Thats awesome Sigve! Go get that wheel
Quote from Vain :Hello everyone.

With the recent announcements about the Westhill update my interest in LFS has picked up again. Last week, after 6 years of not playing LFS, I finally got my old G25 from the basement and plugged it in. If any of you readers are thinking about doing the same, here's my verdict:

It's awesome.

Somehow over the years I completely forgot that LFS is still 99% distilled fun. I got back into it within hours and am enjoying myself a lot. I signed up for the Torsdagsrace and had loads of fun at the event.

So again, if any of your are thinking about going back online, do it. It's the same fun it ever was.
Share your story if you decide(d) to come back, too.

Vain

Did the same 3 weeks ago. Its a blast. Unfortunately there was no G25 in the basement anymore so I had to get the G27
Quote from audimasta :Thats awesome Sigve! Go get that wheel

For sure. Just need to save up some money first though, just bought myself a present. A drone

See you on the track
willkommen zu hause
Welcome back!

Enjoy your stay
I miss LFS incredible endurance series
I am planning a comeback to LFS as well

Good to see you back here, Fredrik! Been a long time!
Yeah, same here.

Haven't raced since Nov '09, but with the recent announcements I've noticed myself logging on to the forums more often.

Need to finish some stuff first (a lot of stuff has happened since '09, got married, had a kid, moved a couple of times) like install my computer and wheel, but I am definitely planning on getting back into the racing in LFS.

Maybe not as much as I used to, due to responsibilities towards a 2-year-old boy who's first words were "auto" and "race", but I'll be back soon.

Thanks to the devs for keeping this thing alive!
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
#15 - Nobo
After reading about the westhill update and the progress report, i have recently set up my wheel as well in my holiday after 6 years! Its still great driving. Unfortunately not much FOX racing going on.
#17 - Vain
Just to follow up on this:
I'm still happy with LFS after over three weeks. I barely have enough time to play twice a week, but that's well enough to participate in a series like Torsdagsrace.

No doubts at all, everyone needs to get back online.

Vain
Hi guys!

After playing rfactor2, iracing, pcars, Gamestockcar Extreme and Assetto Corsa (AC I like the most out of those) I tried LFS today again. Well the pure fun of driving is still unbeatable. Where is my old beloved team? !cewolves? Maybe its time again? Miss those old days.
Come on Scavier! Roll out new things!

Micha

Anyone remember my movies???
Hmmmm..........haven't played LFS in what?.....5 years?, I don't have a gaming PC anymore, I wonder if my desktop at home can run it.........

I see some of the "big names" are still around
#20 - Vain
Quote from danowat :Hmmmm..........haven't played LFS in what?.....5 years?, I don't have a gaming PC anymore, I wonder if my desktop at home can run it.........

How about a Road Sport Nostalgia Cup?

Nice to see you around still.

@Micha:
Of course I do. Go back online and you can continue right where you left.

Vain
Quote from Vain :How about a Road Sport Nostalgia Cup?

Nice to see you around still.

Vain

You too mate

Think I need to drag that FZ5 out of retirement, lots of cobwebs on it!!!!

Think I've still got a G27 somewhere in the loft..............
#22 - Vain
Do tell me when you go for practice. I'll try to join.

Vain
Quote from danowat :I wonder if my desktop at home can run it.........

If it is newer than 2003, it can... trust me.
Damn, after seeing this thread I think thats my evening planned tonight
Quote from danowat :Hmmmm..........haven't played LFS in what?.....5 years?, I don't have a gaming PC anymore, I wonder if my desktop at home can run it.........

Dano! Great seeing you around! Adaptive Racing ftw Oh the good old days...

Returning to LFS
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG