The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
if Kimi's car didn't need repairs then that was stupidity, and self sabotage.
I do find it odd that people see worse results in a dodgy car for, say, Raikkonen, Maldonado and Vettel and assume the driver has got worse? Even simplistic comparisons to teammates are more often meaningless.

I presume these "analysts" are braindead idiots.
Quote from tristancliffe :I do find it odd that people see worse results in a dodgy car for, say, Raikkonen, Maldonado and Vettel and assume the driver has got worse? Even simplistic comparisons to teammates are more often meaningless.

I presume these "analysts" are braindead idiots.

Just dont...

However some driver is getting worse since driving for Marussia isn't that competitive as driving at the top in GP2/FR3.5.
The Lotus was evil earlier in the year. I suspect almost anyone would have had similar incidents. What was actually impressive was how FEW crashes either of the drivers had. But it's cool to mock Maldonado...
Haha for god sake Lewis.
Team tactics suck again for Finnish drivers. Ferrari ruined Kimi's qual and now because of Williams great pit tactic, Bottas went from 2nd position to 11st...
Lewis' luck has turned during the race.
Lewis sucks balls, can only win with the best car on the grid
This track is awesome, love it!
What a race
Wow. Ric is epic, though I didn't see much chance for Alo to keep p2 even. What a drive. Nice to see Britney off the podium.
Alonso.. You are beyond of being a truly amazingly good driver!

The brake managing, tire managing and remaining consistent while doing such strategic driving every lap again to keep the mercedes behing is not seen in a long while. Ferrari should have taken the win here if they didn't do noob tactics again by leaving Alonso while ricciardo pitted at the safety car. Shame Ferrari deserves it so badly.

Shame to see rb back on podium.. rather have Williams there or something.

Vettel... well performed! Rain, mixed conditions etc.. car did the most i assume but I would expect you to be stone dead last.
I dont give a shit about the engine noise or the ugly nose or whatever they changed. This racing was awesome!
Ric is awesome! Very nice race overall. Finnish drivers did all they can. Bottas had very promising race going on before SC. Räikkönen did nice job and took all he could from the car. It was hard to overtake Massa, Kimi's max speed with DRS was lower than Massa's without DRS...
Wasnt that much Ricciardo I think. The team tactics gave him a huge advantage over his main rivals. Where as Ferrari's tactics failed there at the same time.

Since FRIC has been banned, you start to see Red Bull being ultra strong on aerodynamics again. That master brain Adrian really does the job very good.

good to see Ferrari being on their way back! Respect for remaining honest to your traditions and accepting the disadvantages you have compared to the others.
Quote from danielroelofs :Wasnt that much Ricciardo I think. The team tactics gave him a huge advantage over his main rivals. Where as Ferrari's tactics failed there at the same time.

Since FRIC has been banned, you start to see Red Bull being ultra strong on aerodynamics again. That master brain Adrian really does the job very good.

good to see Ferrari being on their way back! Respect for remaining honest to your traditions and accepting the disadvantages you have compared to the others.

Redbull were still a distant 2nd fastest car, ferrari not that much behind, ricciardo still had to pass hamilton who had DRS with a Surpiror engine and thats what won him it, rosberg couldn't do it when he had much fresher tyres then even ricciardo with the mercedes at the end when he had 2 free laps.

Alonso did very good in this race but it did help him that Mercedes went with mediums which really was a bad idea in hindsight for Hamilton, if it wasnt for that Hamilton probably would of won even though he would of had to do another stop.
Best race of the season, easily. Ricciardo is the real deal, Alonso is a legend.
Quote from tristancliffe :The Lotus was evil earlier in the year. I suspect almost anyone would have had similar incidents. What was actually impressive was how FEW crashes either of the drivers had. But it's cool to mock Maldonado...

You put Maldonado in the same category as Vet/Rai?
Having a name and having to fight for a name are two different things..but...what?
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :I dont give a shit about the engine noise or the ugly nose or whatever they changed. This racing was awesome!

I agree.
There is still a (very) dominant car...and a dominant engine...but still the others can win through with varying conditions (and various tyre choice/pit time gambles)...a great season of racing so far.
Quote from Anthoop :You put Maldonado in the same category as Vet/Rai?
Having a name and having to fight for a name are two different things..but...what?

Of course not. Don't put words in my mouth. But Maldonado isn't suddenly terrible, he remains a fairly talented ex-race winner. Hard to judge him or Grosjean because the car is so evil. The Marussia for example is not much slower but much easier to drive.

Hamilton helped by safety cars, but did well in last few laps to hang on.
Rosberg/Bottas/someone else hurt massively by 1st safety car coming out after they'd passed the pit entry.
McLaren daft for putting both cars on inters. Should have split the strategy at worst.
Ricciardo superb again. Vettel was superb all weekend until his spin, and the resulting track position spoilt his strategy options.

Would have been a better race without the neutralising safety cars, but not bad by any means.
Quote from tristancliffe :Of course not. Don't put words in my mouth. But Maldonado isn't suddenly terrible, he remains a fairly talented ex-race winner.

Ahh come on, he's an also-ran, make-up-the-numbers, not-quite-as-good-as-he-thinks-he-is and quite pissed off about that fact, type

It's F1, you'll always have a wide spread of ability, it's the nature of it, it's inevitable. Maldonado is about as good as you'd expect any average keen karting kid to be if you gave him the same opportunities. Talented, yes, but that's a relative term. Ricciardo is talented. (too?)

I dislike him and I don't really know why. Probably the Monaco thing and the way his backers got that "dealt with".
Yet he won races in GP2, he's won in F1, he's won in WSR3.5 and F3000. I'm no fan, but there appears to be no logic to the dislike other than panto villain.

I'm not saying he's great, but he isn't awful. He tries too hard, can't control his red mist, and is currently saddled with the worst handling car on the grid. And he's better than Max Chilton...

If he's terrible, the how can anyone like Susie Wolff?
Quote from tristancliffe :Yet he won races in GP2, he's won in F1, he's won in WSR3.5 and F3000. I'm no fan, but there appears to be no logic to the dislike other than panto villain.

I'm not saying he's great, but he isn't awful. He tries too hard, can't control his red mist, and is currently saddled with the worst handling car on the grid. And he's better than Max Chilton...

If he's terrible, the how can anyone like Susie Wolff?

Susie Wolff, is 10 times worse driver then Maldonado, you know why just as much as anyone here why she is even getting a look in.
The thing is the williams was totally crap 99% of the time when maldonado was driving it. And the only occasion the car was a race winner maldonado delivered the win in style that was something most F1 drivers could ever do. Now he is in a lotus that is crap just like the saubers, marussias or caterhams and again the bad car almost completely hides all the talent the drivers could have. Nobody ever cares about if a driver completely drives a superb race in the slowest car and ends up 13th in the race. To look superb you need a mid level car and then finish the races near podium or at least in top 10.

Even ricciardo did look kinda average in the hrt and look how fast he really is now when he has a car that doesn't completely suck. All we know grosjean, maldonado and bianchi could be doing the best job at the moment but because their cars are so crap all the skill the drivers have is completely hidden away.

At the moment those last 2 teams are almost complete career death sentence while the next 2 (sauber+lotus) are not much better. When you are never even getting into top 10 who is going to look at you and say "wow he is doing amazing stuff with that car?". No one. Even massa looks decent when he has that car when in reality someone like grosjean would totally destroy him in straight fight.
Bianchi got a top 10 in Marussia and everyone noticed
Only because it was the first points of the 'new' teams. The first points by Sauber this year will be noticed. In both cases they will be considered good drives, even if they aren't.
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG