The online racing simulator
Quote from Anthoop :Look at it another way....
When the real racing car runs around the track in wet weather he will use the brakes in a different way than when running in the dry.....presume for a moment that it will always be wet...would the brake system be designed differently from the outset?

Yes.

Yes if you consider temperature considerations
Yes if you ignore the lower temperatures.

But that doesn't change the fact that an F1 car CANNOT LOCK ITS BRAKES AT >~150mph (without lateral load transfer) with 'normal' brake system designs.
Quote from tristancliffe :
But that doesn't change the fact that an F1 car CANNOT LOCK ITS BRAKES AT >~150mph (without lateral load transfer) with 'normal' brake system designs.

..but it could with slicks in the wet?
If you had to run slicks and it was always wet..rules are one thing but to presume things are not possible due to rules is another...

LFS has a massive range of available braking force...and also ways to improve speed/traction...try...(I have been lazy again)....
Yeah but unfortunately LFS doesn't have rain.

Things are not only that way because of rules, I swear no drivers would like to lock up for the brake attack in a F1 with pirelli tyres at 300km/h so nobody is designing a car that can do so because it makes no sense.
If you now asking if it's physically possible to fit brakes that could lock the wheels at high speed, then yes. Of course it is. But they don't because they would ultimately be slower - they'd be heavy, difficult to modulate and wouldn't work well (probably too much thermal capacity for normal materials and normal braking events etc.

But F1, GP2 and F3 cars don't lock their brakes no matter how hard the driver presses. If you lower the power of the engine than the braking ability does not change. So it shouldn't in LFS.
Quote from MoMo92i :Yeah but unfortunately LFS doesn't have rain.

...but you have a wide range of tyres...and other methods to alter traction...
My example of real cars with incompatible weather/tyres is just to show how different the traction levels can be...and different traction levels require use of a different braking force.
Quote from tristancliffe :
But F1, GP2 and F3 cars don't lock their brakes no matter how hard the driver presses. If you lower the power of the engine than the braking ability does not change. So it shouldn't in LFS.

..but if your ("high downforce") car is now going slower would you not think that changing the brakes might be beneficial?
Do F1 cars run the exact same brake system with no alteration when running (wet) Monaco and (dry) Monza? Or do they adjust things?
Yes, they adjust things. Compound, cooling drillings, thicknesses etc, but I doubt they'll change master cylinders or caliper piston sizes.

Even if they did, the amount of downforce at Monza at 200mph is more than enough so that they can't lock their wheels at high speed in a straight line regardless of driver effort.

And the changes are linked to engine power restrictions like in LFS. You seem to be drifting away from the point that reducing engine power by 5% shouldn't have an influence on braking in a given car, unless its a manual adjustment by choosing options in the setup menu.
Quote from tristancliffe : You seem to be drifting away from the point that reducing engine power by 5% shouldn't have an influence on braking in a given car, unless its a manual adjustment by choosing options in the setup menu.

Yes...you are right.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG