The online racing simulator
Scroll wheel not always registered, v0.6F, Win8.1 64bit
Moved LFS to a new PC, direct copy from my old WinXP where everything works fine.

But on a new PC with Win8.1 64bit the scroll wheel in LFS is buggy and does not always register. Sometimes a single scroll is registered sometimes it is not, it is very moody and random.

This was tested with 4 different mice, all behaving the same way, 4 brands and completely different mice. I have one mouse software installed so I will try to get rid of it and try again, but everywhere else mouse scroll works fine it's so far only in LFS.

Scroll is set in windows to 3 lines of scroll.

It does not work as it should even without the mouse software. Again, with any mouse attached, only one mouse at a time, different ports, USB2, USB3, ...

How is LFS reading the mouse input in Win8.1 64bit?
These things has changed as far as I know since XP days and these newer OSs changed the mouse input a bit.
Maybe it's an LFS incompatibility with Win8.1 64bit? Or there is some secret fix for Win8.1 64bit to get mouse working as it should?
I've noticed the same thing with v0.6F, Win7Pro 64bit.

Scrolling downward works without problems but upscrolls are often not registered. At first, I thought my mouse wasn't working properly but, I'm not having issues with any other software.
For me it is the same issue when scrolling up or down, does not matter.

I'm buying a new mouse so I noticed this ASAP when testing and now trying to figure out where is the bug.

I am using scroll wheel for minor controls and I would like to keep it.
Maybe I can hack around it and assign scroll wheel in AHK or something to actual keyboard keys, but I would like LFS to support this without hacks again on Win8.1 64bit and other if there it is an issue as well.

Running in compatibility mode of WinXP did not help.
Edit: Oops, further testing reveals that in my case, it was the mouse.
OK so it's a LFS bug. If I limit the FPS in LFS to 100fps it works fine. Tried last S1 version H7 where fps hits 800-1000.
So on any computer with fast graphic card it will have this bug.

I've tried 100fps limit before but IMHO that limit is too low. Especially if someone has a 120Hz or 144Hz monitor.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG