The online racing simulator
Adding AI from InSim
(5 posts, started )
Adding AI from InSim
How would I go about adding AI to a race using InSim? In other words, what type of packet(s) would I send?
I think (IIRC) you only have to send a /ai [NAME] command to add an AI, whereas [NAME] is where the AI name is. I'm unsure if you can do it using Insim, but it'd be easier to use normal commands.
My reading of the InSim documentation agrees with your suggestion that I just send a MST type packet with "/ai <name>" in the Msg field. It may be a problem with my understanding of the dedicated server itself. If I'm running it and type "/end" that should put me in the setup screen where commands like "/ai <name>" work, right? It doesn't seem to work that way for me. So, maybe if I understand administration of the dedicated server better, I can answer my own question.

Now, assuming I just want to do it through InSim and disregard any other ways of accomplishing the same thing. I am using MST successfully to send other commands. What packet(s) would I need to send for adding AI?
Something like this?:

MST "/end"
MST "/ai <name>"

Which doesn't seem to work. Am I missing any flags that I need to set in the config script or ISI packet? Thanks for any help.

--
Rob
#4 - filur
Only clients and a server hosted in-game can add AI's, the dedicated server cannot.
Ah! That makes sense. Thank you.

--
Rob

Adding AI from InSim
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG