The online racing simulator
2014 IndyCar Series
(136 posts, started )
I've got no idea how Briscoe avoided getting a penalty for spinning Sato, considering some of the other penalties given (e.g. Andretti hitting Sato near the end of the race).

edit: Briscoe/Sato incident
Quote from amp88 :I've got no idea how Briscoe avoided getting a penalty for spinning Sato, considering some of the other penalties given (e.g. Andretti hitting Sato near the end of the race).

edit: Briscoe/Sato incident

North American motorsports and consistency have never been companions
Some interesting gp additions imo. Although I would love to seee more ovals incorporated into the schedule. Gateway... Michigan.... Nhms...
Really nice second race this weekend. Grats to Schmidt-Peterson. Feel really bad for Filippi, again, but he proved his worth right up to the last lap.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Really nice second race this weekend. Grats to Schmidt-Peterson. Feel really bad for Filippi, again, but he proved his worth right up to the last lap.

I asked the RLL twitter about what happened to Filippi as the cameras didnt show a replay and apparently Montoya having a problem caught out Filippi. Other wise it would have definitely been a top 10 finish

https://twitter.com/RLLracing/status/483392564809068544

I'm really gutted for Luca... I really hope this didn't ruin his chance of getting signed next year He atleast has one more chance at Toronto
I really enjoyed watching Pocono qualifying today. You could see the drivers really fighting the cars at speeds around 220-230 MPH. I also liked seeing 2 lap average being the time of record.
Pretty fast, until you watch the CART Michigan races lol.
Anyways inbound to Pocono!
Quote from Mustangman759 :Pretty fast, until you watch the CART Michigan races lol.
Anyways inbound to Pocono!

Enjoy the race Wish that I lived a few hours closer to the race track, or I'd be there with you
That race was 10x better than last years. And extremely packed! Don't what tk's crew was thinking. Gw for Montoya
Quote from Mustangman759 :That race was 10x better than last years. And extremely packed! Don't what tk's crew was thinking. Gw for Montoya

TK's strategist was betting on at least one more caution to help him save fuel, but it never came. TK would have been just fine running out front the whole race like he did, because even though he would have needed to pit before lap 176 the others still would have pitted on lap 194 or earlier. All teams would have made the race on 6 stops, and that would have been the end of it.

From TK's side it was a bad choice for their situation. Those guys in the back had the right idea though.

I was impressed by this race Ready for Iowa tonight after officiating some football (soccer) games
TK's strategist knew they couldn't win on pace. Look how the Penske guys blitzed him on that pitstop in a matter of 2 laps.
Well that 17 was looking good...
Well um that was unexpected. A good result finally for Josef tho!
Scary crash for Aleshin after getting trapped beneath Montoya's car in the rain. Tire stategy everywhere, and it would be interesting. Bourdais claimed his first win in years in Tornonto race #1.

Bourdais is my pick for race #2 as well. He didn't change over to rain tires, and I think that's the winning strategy.
Quote from Cornys :Scary crash for Aleshin after getting trapped beneath Montoya's car in the rain. Tire stategy everywhere, and it would be interesting. Bourdais claimed his first win in years in Tornonto race #1.

Bourdais is my pick for race #2 as well. He didn't change over to rain tires, and I think that's the winning strategy.

nope XD
I will be headed to Mid-Ohio tomorrow morning Forecast looks decent right now

I think my girlfriend and I will sit in the "Keyhole" (Turn 2) if we sit down there early enough That's probably the best passing opportunity on the track. I've never attended a road course race, but I think it's going to be pretty fun
SHR and ECR to merge for 2015
Good news for Fisher, ECR have some top guys there who can Make that car rival the the Penske/Ganassi/Antrettis.
I agree. Both are solid teams
With the likes of Conquest/HVM/DRR/Panther disappearing, and ECR/SFHR merging, we're now down to just 2 one-car teams(Foyt and BHA). Even though the field is probably closer than ever, tough times for the little guys. Especially with Penske/Ganassi/Andretti fielding half of the field.

Wondering if Fan Force will show up next year? And also, fearing that Rahal will drop to one car with the Guard now gone.
Rahal is mainly a one car team though. At least the merger of ECR and SHFR won't reduce the field size though.
Problems for the #3 early at Sonoma with Power in the lead.. Will this finally be Power's year?
Will Power driving like his head's cut off in the final corner and straight. Shoves Wilson out of the way in the final corner, then runs Bourdais into the wall just before the finish line and as a result beat them both to the line.

Meanwhile, Conway's car was crawling on the inside (trying to finish) and a corner worker was waving a yellow flag as they drove by.

Will be disappointed in IndyCar officials if there's not at least a penalty for Power. Could be one for Bourdais as well due to the yellow flag being waived.

2014 IndyCar Series
(136 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG