The online racing simulator
NeGcon with live for speed
Hey guys and gals, a demo racer here, don't hate, i might buy an s2 or s3 or something!

Anyway, i just pulled out this retro controller out of my cupboard.

And the left shoulder button is pressure sensitive (but not the right), so i decided it would make a great clutch compared to the L1 button on a ps2 controller! But one little problemo with this, it detects it as the clutch is fully pushed in when the button is not pushed in at all, so basically the axis is flipped. So is there any way to kinda flip it so this button can become my clutch and not a brain teaser?

Also, this controller's twist action is really cool, feels so natural with it set up to 360 degrees.

EDIT: Also, the I and II buttons aren't being detected as analog, which they are, they have about 7mm of travel!
Quote from ZactheRipper :So is there any way to kinda flip it so this button can become my clutch and not a brain teaser?

There is, go to Options -> Controls, make sure "wheel / joystick" is selected at the top and click the Axes / FF "tab" in the middle of the screen. Now you should see all analog axes DirectInput reports to LFS. Press the button repeatedly to find the corresponding axis (the right side slider will move), click "Clutch" in the list of "functions to assign", then the axis on the right that moves when you press the button. If it's inverse, just click "invert" in the same row where it says "Clutch"

Quote from ZactheRipper :EDIT: Also, the I and II buttons aren't being detected as analog, which they are, they have about 7mm of travel!

That's a driver issue, unless someone wrote a driver for the pad that recognises them as analog, I guess you're out of luck
Thanks man, now I don't have to hold it in to move!

And the problem with the I and II buttons seems to have fixed itself.
#4 - dadge
the axis may not of been calibrated properly. uunflip the axis in lfs. that should work.
hey there!

I know this tread is realy old.

I have the same old NeGcon twice, but they don´t work. Which adapter do you use or which adapter is the best.

For many years I have tried several Adapters, but not one got a race-able contoller setup.

I found a WEB-site and youtube video on it, with explained to use the best Adapter-compilation, but it was only a waste of money and doesn´t work - for me.

Link:
http://www.nerdko.com/2013/06/ ... on-racing-game-ever-made/

I realy LOVE this old Controller and would like to use it with LFS, like the other PS1 Stuff.

If anyone knows a good adapter, plz let me know!

thx

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG