The online racing simulator
FZR thing
(17 posts, started )
FZR thing
Hey, Kind of confused,

I discovered something, a turbo intake on the front of the FZR or is it just a normal intake?
Attached images
odd.png
#2 - Seb66
:sheep:
#3 - bbman
I think you're confusing the radiator for an intercooler
#5 - senn
an intercooler also isn't an intake, although it is part of the intake system.
Thats a FMIC or front mounted intercooler. (real life examples) The mitsu Evo has a FMIC as standard, which differs to the Subaru Impreza which has a TMIC or top mounted intercooler

It doesnt take any air in. It has been mentioned that is a radiator. Well in a sense it is, but a radiator is for cooling the water in the cooling system. Any air being taken in, is induced through the airbox or induction feed.

An intercooler, cools the air and exhaust gas mix, that is fed back into the engine from the turbo.

Turbo and Compressor (supercharge) vehicles have intercoolers.

Hope that clears that up.
It doesn't clear anything up at all because the FZR is NA.

It's a radiator.

Edit: Oh, and there's no exhaust gases going into the engine.
Quote from Widdowmaker :dunno what I'm talking about BS

Intercooler on a NA car that is cooling the exhaust gas coming from the turbo.

Great post . Keep it up with the good technical info.
well that was a fail :P
Quote from Widdowmaker :Thats a FMIC or front mounted intercooler. (real life examples) The mitsu Evo has a FMIC as standard, which differs to the Subaru Impreza which has a TMIC or top mounted intercooler

It doesnt take any air in. It has been mentioned that is a radiator. Well in a sense it is, but a radiator is for cooling the water in the cooling system. Any air being taken in, is induced through the airbox or induction feed.

An intercooler, cools the air and exhaust gas mix, that is fed back into the engine from the turbo.

Turbo and Compressor (supercharge) vehicles have intercoolers.

Hope that clears that up.

A radiator is something that radiates heat. Either to warm a room or cool the internal medium (by heating the outside air). An intercooler (whether its top mounted or front mounted or rear mounted or arse mounted makes no difference here) cools air. It doesn't cool exhaust gases. A turbo does NOT combine inlet air and exhaust gases. If you think they do, then please never give advice on any subject to anyone ever again.

Compressing a fluid heats it up. So air from a turbo compressor might be at very high temperatures (over 100°C in some cases) which isn't ideal in terms of detonation or power outputs, so a radiator is put in line to cool it down. The increase in weight and intake length (both bad things) are offset by the increase in performance and reliability (good things). Air:Water intercoolers, which require the car to lug about several kg of water are good if you have lots of spare power, but on anything less than about 500hp it's just adding weight and reducing performance considerably.

But the FZR just has a coolant radiator. It looks like an intercooler because that's what radiators look like. Air-Con radiators look the same too.
Hmm, it looks like a radiator XD

but nice try !
I could be a d*ck and point out that its none of the above, and is actually a dds file...
Quote from dynofiend :I could be a d*ck and point out that its none of the above, and is actually a dds file...

i actually lol'ed, you dick
ahahahaha, yeah, it's definitly a radiator
A few years on, but...

Have you guys worked out what an EGR vale does yet?
Quote from Widdowmaker :A few years on, but...

I have, on my Ford Transit its what makes the little spanner light on the clocks light up every 6 months!

The OP pic looks like a radiator to me, almost every car has one?

SD.
Quote from Widdowmaker :

Exhaust Gas Recirculation
Takes a little from the exhaust and puts it through the engine intake again. A second chance to burn particulates/gases and improve emissions.
Lots of diesels have them, and lots of owners take them off when they regularly get sooted up.
(the above is how I understand it. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to nitpick)

FZR thing
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG