The online racing simulator
mprEdit
(91 posts, started )
Quote from MikeB :Thanks for the report, i will have a look at it ASAP. Is the problem always appearing or only with certain split parameters? If not always, please provide the split parameters you used. Thanks

I used sector 1, lap __ (whatever lap it is that the cut replay starts on... can't remember at the moment) to end of replay for the cut parameters. The car I had selected was the winner, #19 T.Hirvonen/R.v.Buren, but the only car that appears in the replay (aside from the stationary safety car and push car) is the #06 S.Whitehead.

I also tried to do it using a time split and got the same result.
Thanks for the info, i can reproduce the issue here. The problem is that some driverchanges are not recognized by mprEdit, resulting in cars being removed from the replay when the driver leaves the server (because mprEdit still thinks he is "owner" of the car).
Now i need to find out why the driver change is not recognized
Bug fixed and version 0.3.3 released - see first post for updates.
Thanks, Mike! That was a quick fix.
Wow, the time frame feature works a treat. I rewound 5 minutes.. This is a ballistic tool. I'm owning NOS hackers like its going out of fasion.
Quote from MikeB :I THINK that at a replay start always the first position is in the focus. (Can you confirm?)

I just made a couple of tests and it looks you are right. I've cut some replays in different ways and the focus always goes to the car that started the race in pole position - even when the position at the start of the splitted replay is not first and when the car position shown in LFS is wrong due to what we comented before.

I think that might have something to do with copying the entire header of the original mpr file or something like that, so the game thinks that the first pilot is the one who started in pole and not the one who is displayed as first when the replay starts - even if it's a 'fake' first.
In case you wonder whats going on with mprEdit: I am still working happily on this tool. Of course i know that the next patch will support replay rewinding etc, but i still think mprEdit is a useful tool. Besides of that - it is fun to develop And besides of that - I still have lfsTV reviving thoughts circling in my head, and to be able to do this i definitely need 100% understanding of mpr files.

I am already quite far with the next version (see below for list of important changes), but i will definitely wait for the Patch Z before the next release to make sure that mprEdit is 100% compatible with patch Z replays.

Major changes so far:
  • I finished the transition to generate the header on-the-fly. This has the nice effect that i do not need to include all important events in the beginning of the replay. Instead the replay will look and feel exactly like it has been recorded with LFS. (this is the biggest change since it required a lot of changes under the hood and much time to demystify the mpr format. But for my future lfsTV plans this is needed and is definitely a cleaner solution than the previous workaround)
  • Support separate Driver/Car selection for start- and end-event
  • Add detection of Body damage as replay event (thanks to Scawen for providing some internal info about damage calculation !)
  • combine event- and time-based splitting. If you select an event this will just set the startTime or end-time accordingly. So you can easily set the time to few secs before till after an event.
  • Added an icon (thanks to [ZT] Orion !)
Some new things you will be able to do:
  • Split a replay starting few seconds befor a BODY_DAMAGE event to see the crash again
  • Just use mprEdit for replay analysis - It gives you the exact time of an event. Combine this with the patch Z replay functionalities to directly jump to that time.
Quote from MikeB :Some new things you will be able to do:
  • Split a replay starting few seconds befor a BODY_DAMAGE event to see the crash again

I don't know how this is going to work, but if all damage events are going to be showing in a drop list or similar it should possible to disable damage events as in some combinations there are damage events every single lap. For example with the BF1 your suspensions usually get damaged every 2 or 3 corners, and that would be a lot of damage events for a 30 laps race.

PS: I agree that mpredit is still a great tool to use in conjunction with LFS replay controls.
Quote from MaKaKaZo :I don't know how this is going to work, but if all damage events are going to be showing in a drop list or similar it should possible to disable damage events as in some combinations there are damage events every single lap. For example with the BF1 your suspensions usually get damaged every 2 or 3 corners, and that would be a lot of damage events for a 30 laps race.

You are right, but luckily(?) it is only about damage to the car body, not suspension or any other type of damage. But still you have quite a long list of damage events in case of e.g. a crash with multiple roll-overs. For now i will not add a filter option but that might come in handy for later releases
Release 0.4.0 is available! See first post for info
I get the “parsing failed!” error message, every time I try to load a replay in mpredit.
Does anyone else have this problem?
I am using win xp sp2 and I extracted the program with it's 3 dll in the same folder. It brings the same error message even with patch Υ replays so it has to be e problem in my end
Quote from kaynd :I get the “parsing failed!” error message, every time I try to load a replay in mpredit.
Does anyone else have this problem?
I am using win xp sp2 and I extracted the program with it's 3 dll in the same folder. It brings the same error message even with patch Υ replays so it has to be e problem in my end

Thats strange If you can send me the replay i'll have a look at it.

Edit: Or is it happening with ALL replays?
Yeah with any replay, even from Y patch.

It seems that something is wrong in my end... eg a missing dll from my system or something similar. But I can’t figure out what.
Sorry for bumping such an old thread but if someone still has this program, so he shares it, please, I need it.

mprEdit
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG