The online racing simulator
News from the paddock - the #99 Aston Martin Vantage V8 is confirmed as withdrawn from this year's LM24 as a result of damage sustained in last night's accident. Too complex to repair, given the time. Fernando Rees is bruised, but otherwise fine.

Not unexpected, but Marc Gené will replace Loïc Duval in the #1 Audi. Loïc keen to race, but advised against it by medical staff. Gené replaced at Jota by Oliver Turvey.

Also, worth to be bookmarked: 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans Couch ... aming, All The Good Stuff
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :The cars are no faster than they were a decade ago.

The Toyota LMP1 tops 1000bhp, plus tires as well as Aero developed quite a bit. They may not be that much faster in the straight line, but through the corners absolutly.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Okay maybe half a decade ago. The 2008 fastest qualifying lap was a 3:18.513, 3 seconds quicker than this year.

Since that they'ge gone under 3:20 only once (2010), and before 2008 typical lap time was more like 3:30... Cornering speeds aren't much different, and probably just faster recently/now. Aero-wise 908 would be a pretty primitive car today.

The increased curbs (http://i.imgur.com/3NYg9PQ.jpg) in the Ford chicanes probably add a second, because in the past most would simply short cut the whole chicane.
I have some problem with the eurosport streams. After some trouble free time (~15 minutes) they start repeating the audio of a few seconds while the visual freezes, freezing VLC as well.
well, that Nissan Deltawing sure held up long :rolleyes:
that porsche did well too
Quote from ACCAkut :well, that Nissan Deltawing sure held up long :rolleyes:

It's been an epic fail idea since the beginning. No surprises here.
It's a process, guys.
well, wow Wonder if both the Toyota and the Audi can make it back to the pits
Rookie move, Lapierre...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Rookie move, Lapierre...

From what I've seen, his fail and Bird's crash were two different incidents. Lapierre crashed himself, then Bird was too fast and crashed the Toyota.

Also those cars were way too slow there, guess both Bird and Lapierre couldn't see a thing from the spray. Going so slow in the Mulsanne makes no sense.
#TeamPorsche defiantly rooting for #20 waiting for Toyota to wreck I say Porsche Audi Porsche Toyota then the DNF Audi
Bye bye #7 Toyota :grumpy:
Why does it seem like, every single year, there is a semi-big crash between an LMP and a Ferrari?
What a crash filled race this year. I came home from work late tonight ( 9 pm with 10 hours to go ). Now with just under 7: 30: 00 left, i've looked up from my bed and phone to see the Corvette in the garage replacing something on 3 different occasions.

Now as i type this, they are restarting the race and "racing" on portions of the track. Interesting..
Best stream (VLC, Ctrl+N, paste):

http://fiawecapp.amp-i.net/i/LeMans_11@198897/index_1500_av-p.m3u8

As a playlist file for VLC + onboards: http://ge.tt/2KtiTUk1/v/0
THat streams works perfect in my smartphone. No need to pay 10€ for that stream app :P
Porsche just don't have the race pace to compete with Audi, however #20 Porsche has been reliable, #1 Audi has it in the bag for now, but 1 lap isn't a big enough cushion for any failures of any kind.
Feeling really sorry for GTE Pro battle, it was side by side after 18 hours of racing until failure of Aston Martin of Bruno Senna, but incredible fight till then, almost whole night and day and I just couldn't get my eyes away from it.

I love racing and I hate Audi. This year should've been Toyota's. Can't help myself. They deserved it more imo. ****ing diesel it's a cancer of racing.
Quote from Mysho :
****ing diesel it's a cancer of racing.

DIESEL POWER! Go go Audi. :banana:
Quote from Mysho :Feeling really sorry for GTE Pro battle, it was side by side after 18 hours of racing until failure of Aston Martin of Bruno Senna, but incredible fight till then, almost whole night and day and I just couldn't get my eyes away from it.

I love racing and I hate Audi. This year should've been Toyota's. Can't help myself. They deserved it more imo. ****ing diesel it's a cancer of racing.

Who ever wins Deserves it more, Toyota have failed 3 times in a row over the same issue, electronics.
Quote from Mysho :I love racing and I hate Audi. This year should've been Toyota's. Can't help myself. They deserved it more imo. ****ing diesel it's a cancer of racing.

Google "2014 wec regulations", it's now totally different with the fuel flow and fuel per lap limits, it's actually a balanced situation unlike ever before. If anything, after the latest adjustments petrol with high Megajoule ERS option has slight advantage and Audi got a bit screwed because they did chose lowest ERS option before the adjustments.

ps. Never hated diesel because of the sound, that's sentimental, but because of the favouring regulations. But now that's no longer an argument.
Quote from Mustafur :Who ever wins Deserves it more, Toyota have failed 3 times in a row over the same issue, electronics.

Electronics also cause crashes with other cars?
Not this year, turbo failure for #1

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG