The online racing simulator
2014 IndyCar Series
(136 posts, started )
Anyone got a stream for quali today?
Once the rear stepped out that far, didn't look like he had much of a chance to save it.
Quote from Cornys :If he's quick enough to hold down the front of the field though (top 5), it may not matter as much.

Maybe. But these days at Indy, there aren't many ways to hide away from traffic, with the huge draft you get on the straight.

Quote from UncleBenny :Once the rear stepped out that far, didn't look like he had much of a chance to save it.

Indeed. He probably shouldn't even have tried to save it, it was a lost cause from the start and probably made the impact bigger.
any stream for the freedom 100?
Great finish to the Freedom 100! Chase Austin had a nasty shunt in the South Chute, and has been diagnosed with a fractured left wrist. Pit stop challenge on now.
It's going to be one hell of a race today.
Man, I love Indy.
One day someone's going to hit that pitwall head on, it's incredible how they don't care and just come dashing out of T4 towards it.
Hard to describe how I felt about this. Maybe I can't think of a word positive enough for it? All I can say right now is that it was a very satisfying, well rounded race. Perfect weather, race had a bit of everything and the turn 4 seats were simply mindblowing. I actually teared up as they came by on Lap 1 because it was so beautiful.

The buzz was electric, everyone hoping that race would go the whole way without a yellow after the first 130 laps and we were pissed when it didn't. The anger wore off quickly though with such good racing. The last 6 laps, there were no favorites. Everyone cheered for every driver. As much as I wanted to see Helio win, Hunter Reay kicked ass all day and definitely deserved it. We all cheered for his winning pass.

Pretty much seals the deal for my family. We're making this a yearly occurrence.
Quote from chanoman315 :One day someone's going to hit that pitwall head on, it's incredible how they don't care and just come dashing out of T4 towards it.

It's happened several times before.
I loved how they could pass high if they did it right, great race, great win.
Quote from Rappa Z :Hard to describe how I felt about this. Maybe I can't think of a word positive enough for it? All I can say right now is that it was a very satisfying, well rounded race. Perfect weather, race had a bit of everything and the turn 4 seats were simply mindblowing. I actually teared up as they came by on Lap 1 because it was so beautiful.

The buzz was electric, everyone hoping that race would go the whole way without a yellow after the first 130 laps and we were pissed when it didn't. The anger wore off quickly though with such good racing. The last 6 laps, there were no favorites. Everyone cheered for every driver. As much as I wanted to see Helio win, Hunter Reay kicked ass all day and definitely deserved it. We all cheered for his winning pass.

Pretty much seals the deal for my family. We're making this a yearly occurrence.

I was almost in turn 4 with you today, and I wish I had been. It was a great race

The Indy 500 probably draws a true racing fan rather than the crowd that a NASCAR race does. NASCAR racing sounds better, but the crowd at most races absolutely sucks . Plus, no NASCAR race means half as much as the Indy 500. Only down fall is the view of the track, but that's acceptable when the experience is better.

I plan on attending the 500 next year, and will be at Mid-Ohio (in fair weather) later this year
2014 Indianapolis 500 - Juan Pablo Montoya Onboard

No engine sound, just radio communication.
4:30 - Hairy moment, JR Hildebrand with daring move up inside.
20:30 - Pitting, speeds on entry (I believe).
33:30 - Caution.
44:45 - Going back Green
51:45 - Scott Dixon crash.
1:02:50 - Going back Green, Hinch and Carpenter crash.
1:10:15 - Going back Green.
1:17:25 - Caution, Townsend Bell crash, leads to red flag.
Nice race today. Good to see Rahal get a decent run. Sad to see Hawksworth, Aleshin, and Conway have their issues.

Loved Power doing full oppo out of the penultimate corner on the last lap.
Hawksworth was most unlucky, nothing he can do... Aleshin turned in on Hinch and Conway made a mistake. I think Hawksworth will win a race this year if everything would just fall in place. Maybe tomorrow?
Quote from Mustangman759 :Hawksworth was most unlucky, nothing he can do... Aleshin turned in on Hinch and Conway made a mistake. I think Hawksworth will win a race this year if everything would just fall in place. Maybe tomorrow?

Hinch jumped the curb and hit Aleshin, IMO. It was a pretty ambitious move he tried.
Aleshin forced Hinch onto the curbing, Hinch was doing his best to avoid the contact
I thought I saw the stewards reviewing the Hinch and Aleshin incident and the result was no action? Was that what they decided? Hinch should have been penalized for that IMO.

Hawksworth will find good fortune... or a new team
Will Power is a idiot
I've chose Verizon over Sprint today

Quote from Mustangman759 :Will Power is a idiot

I second this notion.

Edit: Hawksworth, speeding in pit lane 10 laps before half way All his fault this time.
Yea, I think he forgot to click the speed limiter or something, its like he slowed down then realised it was not enough and slammed the brakes too late

2014 IndyCar Series
(136 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG