The online racing simulator
LFSCART Series 2014: Interest Check
Thilo and myself were quite disappointed in the turnout at most rounds last season and in recent talks have discussed if it is actually worth another LFSCART season. If it seems there is enough initial interest, it will be set up and run. I plan to implement strict participation levels, if those are fallen under, the season will then be abandoned in place.

I'm debating removing the Kyoto 500 from the schedule and making it standalone, but still having an oval round, even if the autocross oval. In this case, the season would commence in July.

Your thoughts and statement of willingness to participate are requested here.
if the AU challange is tehre again, I'm def in
Well,dear LFS-racer-leftovers - do you really want me to be the last LFSCART champion? If not - vote yes here and fight to take this honor to yourself! Come on,set yourself together,join racing and stop waiting for "something promised" here or great online mode in AC.

PS. Why would you want to remove 500 from schedule?
Quote from Eclipsed :PS. Why would you want to remove 500 from schedule?

it destroys the championship, because it's usually a wreck fest. If it stayed in the championship it would scare those away who don't like to depend on luck
i am waiting for GT2 champ and KY500 too, but i am not sure will participate in lfscart
Don't care whether or not the KY500 is in or not but I'm in to make sure the safety car gets used.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Don't care whether or not the KY500 is in or not but I'm in to make sure the safety car gets used.

Even you should be able to qualify in this year!
Quote from Mustangman759 :oh that's why there was so many yellows then

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
I am looking forward to LFSCART. And personally I prefer not to have Kyoto 500 in the champ schedule. Nothing wrong with ovals, but 2 hours race is not for me... Also, there will be lots of those who want to participate in Ky500, but not the LFSCART.

Having some usual ~145 laps oval race is not bad though.
Quote from vitaly_m :I am looking forward to LFSCART. And personally I prefer not to have Kyoto 500 in the champ schedule. Nothing wrong with ovals, but 2 hours race is not for me... Also, there will be lots of those who want to participate in Ky500, but not the LFSCART.

Having some usual ~145 laps oval race is not bad though.

I enjoyed the KY1R race. It was something different and enjoyable.
Backmarker standing by.
Personally I would live to see us take these things to Au1 with a mock milwaukee mile layout (make it as long as possible)
I'm also willing to participate in LFSCART this year if it's going to be organised.
Quote from yanki :i'm also willing to participate in lfscart this year if it's going to be organised.

yanniiiicckkkkk!!!!!
I will compete in the LFSCart, but I hope oval rounds will not be on the schedule, with the exception maybe of some autocross oval.

Oval behavior last season was horrid.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I will compete in the LFSCart, but I hope oval rounds will not be on the schedule, with the exception maybe of some autocross oval.

Oval behavior last season was horrid.

Correction:

Oval behaviour between the non-LFSCART competitors was horrid.

The KY1R oval race was quite clean.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Correction:

Oval behaviour between the non-LFSCART competitors was horrid.

The KY1R oval race was quite clean.

It's not hard to have a clean race when the number of starters can be counted with the fingers on your hand. The LFSCART oval races have always been a shambles, the last decent non-autocross one was the Speedweeks 400 in 2010. It involves near to no skill, and thanks to safety cars bunching people up again the drivers who do cause the crashes are hardly ever disadvantaged through that.

LFSCART was a great series from 2010-12, but for me the ovals always let it down, so not having the 500 as part of the scored rounds would be a good change.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :It's not hard to have a clean race when the number of starters can be counted with the fingers on your hand.

I'm pretty sure if we put both Kingsburys on the track together, they could muster a 10+ safety car race.

In 50 laps.
I'm absolutely in for a LFSCART season. This could take me back to LFS...

& yes, I guess dawesdust doesn't caused a huge Impact, the Kings Bro's did,I guess a million time actually...
I've been around LFS for 10 years. I understand how to yield to faster drivers. It's a skill that others would benefit to learn.
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic / spam
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic / spam
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic / spam
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic / spam
-
(ImudilaSkyline) DELETED by ImudilaSkyline
wtf I came here to read comments about the race itself...

Anyway, I would like to compete this year and no I wouldn't like KY500 to be included in the schedule. On the other hand AU oval would be a nice challenge
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic / spam
-
(CodeLyoko1) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic / spam
I am looking forward to take part. Removing the Kyoto 500 from the schedule is a good idea, same as a minimum participation level.
I only see around 10 responses here so far, which is insufficient. The minimum already included in the NDR sporting code would make 8 the minimum, and with 10 being only just above that, it's not worth trying to run the series - yet. If you're reading this thread and want to do LFSCART, TELL US! We NEED to know the interest!

Kyoto 500 will be removed from the schedule because yes, it is random and the conversion rate between series entrants to it and then 500 entrants to LFSCART is pathetic. Too many variables introduced in the 500 with people who won't do the rest of the series.

The AU1X_Kilimanjaro layout used in 2012 would more than likely be the one used this season, if the season is run.

LFSCART Series 2014: Interest Check
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG