The online racing simulator
Quote from ACCAkut :Pretty sure he means car roll

Quote from cargame.nl :Yeah, exactly..

AC does simulate body roll, dive and squat visually and in physics. Not sure why you're saying it doesn't show body roll...

KartSim does/will simulate chassis flex in real-time physics (see here).
NetKar Pro modelled chassis flex, i'd be astounded if AC doesn't.
Kartsim just got greenlighted, and that has chassis flex, for obvious reasons Though obviously not entirely comparable to how a car flexes, but it is far more crucial with regard to handling.
If there's anyone willing with a twitter accont to give me a shoutout if patch goes out today, would be highly appreciated.. My Twitter is in the sig..
Good idea.. I do follow them, but noticed they're more urgent with posting on Facebook..
No sign on the MP as yet then

Fordie
A bit wrong, but I actually welcome this. It gets me a fighting chance of having my new wheel by the launch.
Damn, it's almost scary. No idea what parents are doing nowadays, but whatever it is, it's not working...

Meh. Guess I'll just carry on with my beer.
Quote from de Souza :Damn, it's almost scary. No idea what parents are doing nowadays, but whatever it is, it's not working...

Meh. Guess I'll just carry on with my beer.

Well, I guess this is the price you pay when you want to attract both hardcore simers and whoever this group is.

But they get way more money from this strategy. And since they do not appear to lower the standard for physics significantly in AC, this is probably as good as it can be.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Holy crap. The level of whining on the Assetto Corsa Reddit about lack of MP makes the 5 years of S3 whining look like nothing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/assett ... tually_gonna_be_released/

So many entitled little children. It's ****ing disgusting.

It's really bad when I make a post that seems like the voice of reason:

http://www.reddit.com/r/assett ... mmunity_feel_so_entitled/

It's barely matched by your whine..be nice when you where 12 and 1000 posts Vancouver...I drive
Quote from The Moose :NetKar Pro modelled chassis flex, i'd be astounded if AC doesn't.

Yup, and LFS doesn't update.

Make the work..to get paid.
Quote from anttt69 :Chassis flex, body roll is how much a car leans over into a corner.

Seems to me how far does the corner roll. (Corner Boy)\

Car vs Corner?
Quote from Matrixi :There doesn't seem to be that many people complaining about the actual lack of MP, but the lack of updates about a possible release this weekend/next week.

Do they expect Kunos to tweet every ****ing line of code he changes?

They know it's delayed from it's predicted release date. Every minute of tweeting is another 30 minutes of not actually fixing bugs (as one doesn't instantly swap contexts from code to life and back.. there is a severe mental transition time).
Quote from dawesdust_12 :(as one doesn't instantly swap contexts from code to life and back.. there is a severe mental transition time).

Couldn't have said it better. You just have to be in the "environment" not to get lost.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Do they expect Kunos to tweet every ****ing line of code he changes?

You're exaggerating. I have all the patience in the world (like I would presume every other LFS'er does by now) but I can atleast understand why some of these people are miffed by the outcome and the radio silence.

AC MP has been the most sought-after feature since the release, and after KS hyping it up even more with their italian holiday delay for a week, things escalated further. That is simply what happens when you announce a pushed release date and don't deliver in time, people will get disappointed.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :They know it's delayed from it's predicted release date. Every minute of tweeting is another 30 minutes of not actually fixing bugs (as one doesn't instantly swap contexts from code to life and back.. there is a severe mental transition time).

I'm pretty sure their twitter account isn't updated by their programmer, so dropping a line to ease the masses would calm things down a lot and it doesn't take 30 minutes.
Considering the only reason any of us found out about an MP delay was due to Kunos' personal twitter account, his does seem to be where they're spreading the most info from.

Unfortunately, at this point the level of hysterics is too high. Saying "delayed til next friday" will only make the ragers even more mad.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Considering the only reason any of us found out about an MP delay was due to Kunos' personal twitter account, his does seem to be where they're spreading the most info from.

Good point.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Unfortunately, at this point the level of hysterics is too high. Saying "delayed til next friday" will only make the ragers even more mad.

Not necessarily, I think most people are already prepared for another week+ long delay, but KS are propably too worried of not making their next announced release date either so they're staying quiet.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
So many entitled little children. It's ****ing disgusting.

I think you are being classified like that;

Quote :A penis insult? Are you 14? A lot of people may feel entitled but at least they aren't a pretentious ****.

Not to my surprise.

I don't post there but it sounds like a good environment.

--
Excellent reply which sums it all up;

Quote :
Entitled? No, I think we feel lied to. A week ago, when they approached the community, saying they want to delay the MP launch by a week, because of a public holiday, we were all more than thrilled to wait. We didn't know we were going to get the MP, but they dangled to carrot and we waited, patiently.
Come the 2nd of May, people were still patient, even when they announced that it would take at least a day more, we were patient.
Since then though, we have heard nothing. I think that is what has pissed us off.
Do the same to any child, promise them a cookie, then delay that cookie and then disappear. The reaction would not be that of an entitled child, but rather a child that had been lied to.

MP is going to completely fail, it's just wait and see how bad it's going to fail. They want to release it on the busiest global Internet hour of a day, I don't get that idea . Should be on wednesday somewhere around 10:00 GMT when Europe is mostly @work / just awake => *kids to school*.. US/LA completely asleep and Japan just done with the day..
I'm a child because I expect people to be patient and understand that software development has unexpected delays?

Logic fail?
No, you don't read so lets do it one more time;

Quote :Entitled? No, I think we feel lied to. A week ago, when they approached the community, saying they want to delay the MP launch by a week, because of a public holiday, we were all more than thrilled to wait. We didn't know we were going to get the MP, but they dangled to carrot and we waited, patiently.
Come the 2nd of May, people were still patient, even when they announced that it would take at least a day more, we were patient.
Since then though, we have heard nothing. I think that is what has pissed us off.
Do the same to any child, promise them a cookie, then delay that cookie and then disappear. The reaction would not be that of an entitled child, but rather a child that had been lied to.

Do you need bold?

Lets do it with bold;

Quote :Entitled? No, I think we feel lied to. A week ago, when they approached the community, saying they want to delay the MP launch by a week, because of a public holiday, we were all more than thrilled to wait. We didn't know we were going to get the MP, but they dangled to carrot and we waited, patiently.

The thing is... Nothing was ready last week, something was made up to buy more time. Stupid move.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG