The online racing simulator
Shit conversions all done without the original authors permission. Exactly the sort of shit I really hoped we wouldn't see in AC.
Quote from The Moose :Shit conversions all done without the original authors permission. Exactly the sort of shit I really hoped we wouldn't see in AC.

And the reason why LFS doesn't officially support mods. These crappy conversions are lowering the overall quality of the game, it will be soon full of drifterzzz and cruizerzzz with huge spoilerzzzz
Quote from NitroNitrous :And the reason why LFS doesn't officially support mods. These crappy conversions are lowering the overall quality of the game, it will be soon full of drifterzzz and cruizerzzz with huge spoilerzzzz

You don't need to use any of them, just wait until the good stuff turns up. Not supporting modding is the worst thing you can do in any type of sim.

Those horrible tracks have all been made (converted without permission) by the same person, with unofficial blender exporter tools that are far from optimal.
Quote from NitroNitrous :And the reason why LFS doesn't officially support mods. These crappy conversions are lowering the overall quality of the game, it will be soon full of drifterzzz and cruizerzzz with huge spoilerzzzz

That's the stupidest thing I've read all day. And I've been on reddit all day...
They remind me of some of the worst gpl tracks. Not even worth the small effort to install. It is surprising how low people will set their standards just because they have irl circuit names.... ....And are sneaky free hack tracks. If anything else in AC was anywhere close to being this shocking nobody would touch it and there would be uproar.
Hay AC experts....I have posted a question on the AC forums, but as I am new, not sure if it will get seen, so I thought I would post it here as well, as at least I know I will get an answer here

http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... eads/triple-screens.8984/

That is the the thread, but this is the post:

I have looked around the forum, and all I find is "compare" not a this is how you do it.

I have a GTX 750ti, using the DVI and VGA, and also the onboard Intel VGA to have triple screens. Does AC support this??

I saw a youtube vid, telling me to edit the video.ini file to the resolution I wanted, which I took this from LFS, as LFS works, but AC only displayed on my 2nd screen.

Here is my setup

Screen 1: Max res 1440 x 900 Wide (DVI) ( centre screen)
Screen 2 Max res 1600 x 900 Wide (vga) (right hand screen)
Screen 3 Max res 1600 x 900 Wide (vga and Onboard Intel GFX) (left hand screen)

Any help / advice is gratefully received

Fordie
I don't remember exactly how I did it, but when I was on my PLP setup I set AC to run windowed fullscreen (single screen mode selected from AC) and edited that .ini file. Doing triple screens in a window means no bezel correction, but still better than nothing and atleast it should work.

AFAIK that 750 Ti should support triple screens natively though? Need to be same res for Nvidia surround support though.
Attached images
arscorsa.jpg
Quote from NitroNitrous :And the reason why LFS doesn't officially support mods.

And the reason why LFS is dying.
With modding you do get lots of bad stuff and the good quality stuff is rarer. Everyone who knows rfactor knows the good cars especially are rare. With tracks it gets easier simply because messing up a track badly is almost impossible if the maker has driven his own track. A track is all about geometry, textures and execution. Everyone who has ever done a track for rfactor with btb for example knows that it only really takes time.

But still even if with modding 60% of all the stuff that is released is unusable bad, 20% is okayish and 17% is good and 3% is awesome I'd say it is still absolutely worth it. The good content alone makes it totally worth the effort. Saying modding is not worth it is a bit like saying youtube is bad thing because there is so much bad quality stuff there.

Modding would have saved lfs.
Like wot ?

So, the whole steam workshop idea of user added mods is worthless ?

So, every mod of a game is pointless ?

What sad planet are you from ?

User mods are an important part of most games, look at the graphic mods to LFS, are they often an improvement to the original ?
Grow up and open your eyes, there are many awesome track mods, Power and Glory mods, I can race nearly all NZ tracks plus several different years of Bathurst. Joux Plane track for AC ?, that's awesome. RBR tracks, some are so-so, but many are great !

Haters got to hate, but don't expect not to be flamed for being an idiot.........
So looking forward to multiplayer, then I might finally uninstall LFS from my HDD.
never uninstall LFS. i havent touched it for many years,but hope dies last. scawen said they make things we will LIKE
Quote from R3DMAN :corrected for you

When LFS ceases to have leagues which pull full grids of cars, then it'll be dead.

Until then, it's not.
Quote from R3DMAN :(some random moaning about dead etc)

There are currently 75 drivers taking part in Cityliga race in 3 servers. Must be zombies...
dead doesnt mean nobody playing..
Quote from R3DMAN :dead doesnt mean nobody playing..

Would you call CS 1.6 dead? Valve hasn't put out a patch for that in forever, yet there's 30,000 people playing it.

I don't know what you'd consider dead. Dead would mean no patches and no users. When there are active leagues running races, with full grids.. it's hard to call that "dead".
I would only say its dying. Public racing doesn't have much drivers anymore except when there is some special day in cargame(which is only good server to race anymore). League racing still have drivers but the drivers skill level is much lower than few years ago and now there can be almost anyone driving.

But lets stop talking about lfs, this is AC thread
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Would you call CS 1.6 dead? Valve hasn't put out a patch for that in forever, yet there's 30,000 people playing it.

I don't know what you'd consider dead. Dead would mean no patches and no users. When there are active leagues running races, with full grids.. it's hard to call that "dead".

30,000 users is a little different from a couple leagues running full grids and 75 people driving round on cruise servers tho..
Quote from R3DMAN :30,000 users is a little different from a couple leagues running full grids and 75 people driving round on cruise servers tho..

that means this game has never been alive
I will just add, LFS isn't dead, it's from it...It's slowed down yes I agree, but it's not dead. It's only dead when the Devs say "sorry we are not developing this any further" and they haven't as far as I am aware, so dead or not, discussion over

And like CardsetCrazy said this is an AC thread and am I bloody loving that

Just struggling to get the RSR working..I followed the instructions, but it doesn't appear on the menu ( it does on the in car apps screen ) but not on the main menu....

Any idea's?

Cheers

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :I will just add, LFS isn't dead, it's from it...It's slowed down yes I agree, but it's not dead. It's only dead when the Devs say "sorry we are not developing this any further" and they haven't as far as I am aware, so dead or not, discussion over

And like CardsetCrazy said this is an AC thread and am I bloody loving that

Just struggling to get the RSR working..I followed the instructions, but it doesn't appear on the menu ( it does on the in car apps screen ) but not on the main menu....

Any idea's?

Cheers

Fordie

options>general>RSR app(enable it)
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :options>general>RSR app(enable it)

Yeah that's the problem, it's not there

Fordie
This question have probably been asked before, but are there any known plan to include the Nordschleife in AC in the future?

Edit: Google could answer my question

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG