The online racing simulator
Formula M 2014?
(46 posts, started )

Poll : Would you like to see the series next year as well?

Yes
No
Quote from RandomnessInside :Just to let you guys know, since we need to make the tracks shorter, here's one idea I had when I first organized Formula M (same layout as before, just reworked and polished some useless objects).

Have a go and let me know how it is.

Personally didn't find a problem with this track, definitely a test of consistency.
Quote from Texpelt88 :Personally didn't find a problem with this track, definitely a test of consistency.

That's what I thought too, it's full of corners and features only one long straight.
I think the "major" complaint would be lack of passing opportunities compared to FE24 or the KY2# course
Quote from Texpelt88 :I think the "major" complaint would be lack of passing opportunities compared to FE24 or the KY2# course

Kinda like Monaco, then? :P
Quote from Texpelt88 :I think the "major" complaint would be lack of passing opportunities compared to FE24 or the KY2# course

I didn't complain (bad joke)

OT: with the mrt you can pass anywhere. We were even able to pass on the unbelivable smaal autocross part last year, on south city.
What I meant is that the track doesn't seem as wide. Though the width may (or may not) be the same on all tracks, it's the racing line I'm talking about. That fe1 attachment track is a lot like bl1 for demo fbm drivers: you follow along and you make a pass for 3 reasons 1) the heavy braking AND straightaway 2) driver slips in grass and slows 3) crash, singular or multiple. Whereas on places like Aston, or Kyoto, there's multiple ways around a driver than the racing line and makes for great racing.
Quote from Texpelt88 :What I meant is that the track doesn't seem as wide. Though the width may (or may not) be the same on all tracks, it's the racing line I'm talking about. That fe1 attachment track is a lot like bl1 for demo fbm drivers: you follow along and you make a pass for 3 reasons 1) the heavy braking AND straightaway 2) driver slips in grass and slows 3) crash, singular or multiple. Whereas on places like Aston, or Kyoto, there's multiple ways around a driver than the racing line and makes for great racing.

good mrt drivers will always find a way around, even on the smallest parts. trust me
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :good mrt drivers will always find a way around, even on the smallest parts. trust me

Quote from CodeLyoko1 :OT: with the mrt you can pass anywhere. We were even able to pass on the unbelivable smaal autocross part last year, on south city.

Just sayin'
That reminds me: how are we going to avoid stuck mrts?
Quote from Texpelt88 :That reminds me: how are we going to avoid stuck mrts?

Learning how to control the car?

Anyways, I suspect that this layout of Fern Bay would be used then?
Bumping this thread to let you guys know the series will start around the same time as last year, so you can still relax. :P
So that's about.. 2 months away then? Plenty of time to prepare.
Quote from Mr. Kninja :So that's about.. 2 months away then? Plenty of time to prepare.

Actually, if we were being precise it would be about 4 months (Formula M started in September last year).
I will be doing some testing on some tracks in the next month or so in hopes of running this series sometime in the near future. I'd look towards early August perhaps, but this is just speculation at this time.
Quote from RandomnessInside :Actually, if we were being precise it would be about 4 months (Formula M started in September last year).

That's right.. I don't know why I was thinking it started in August.
Quote from Mr. Kninja :That's right.. I don't know why I was thinking it started in August.

2 months would be July, lol
I believe the hopes for a 2014 season are pretty much done for.

LFS keeps dying out so I wouldn't be expecting much from this series. Nor am I interested in LFS anymore, I've barely even spent time in it anymore...some other guys probably quit too and not all of the remaining possible choices even want to take part.

But in any case, I left Formula M under Cornys' control, so even if the series was to be, I probably wouldn't take part in it. He said though that he would check the interest for it but I believe there's no need to, anymore.

However I wanna say thanks to everyone supporting this in the least, and those who took part last year. It surely was something to remember, even though there were no more than 14 drivers each race.

I might look at this again if it's mentioned, or that I get interested in it again, but chances for this to happen are very slim. I'm quite done with LFS, mainly using it to do hotlapping just for fun now and then, so.

It was still an interesting experiment and I hope it would be seen around in some form again, like the MRT Cup.
That's incredibly sad news for me, I was looking forward to another shot at Formula M so much. I understand your reasoning completely though, best of luck with your future endeavours.

Thanks for the championship last year too, I had a lot of fun.

Formula M 2014?
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG