The online racing simulator
[CLOSED]Need some help
I was wondering, for a small fee (5-10 euro), would anyone be interested in helping me convert an insim to use LFS_External 1.1.1.7? I know it's outdated but I do not have time to write an entire new insim with Insim.Net, just trying to get this insim to stop crashing because of the known WOULD BLOCK issue.
The problem I am having myself is, the timers stop working so anything that is based around timers do not function.

Is there a new way to handle timers with 1.1.1.7 LFS_External?
Quote :

Probably if you use a system to detect lagg " , You can find who's lagging in the server ( Causing the WOULD BLOCK ) , and kick him if he laggs over 5s?

That might be a solution to your problem
How are timers dependent on the library you use? Don't you just use System.Timer class that's inside C#?

Oh and 5 or 10 Euro to rewrite a complete insim will not happen, that wouldn't even cover an hour of work.
This has nothing to do with .NET timers. The receiving buffer gets filled up because the application stops picking up data over InSim due to a bug in LFS_External. I'm not sure how the .NET library linkage and symbol resolution works, but if you believe that LFS_External will resolve the issue, can't you just replace the DLL with the 1.1.1.7 version?
Quote from Bose321 :How are timers dependent on the library you use? Don't you just use System.Timer class that's inside C#?

Oh and 5 or 10 Euro to rewrite a complete insim will not happen, that wouldn't even cover an hour of work.

That is what I am trying to figure out. The only thing I am doing is deleting the reference and readding it from the new DLL, then using the new DLL after rebuilding, but for some reason, everything that is related to System.Timer class stops functioning like the timers do not work or something.

There are no errors when I running in debug or before compiling so I am pretty stumped as to what is going on at this point.

And I am not looking to rewrite the insim as everything works except the timers when I add the new library.
Going to start a new insim from scratch using the InSim.NET library. Thanks for the time and replies here tho.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG