The online racing simulator
Damn it Vale you should know to stay away from walls and barriers
Hulkenbergs bid going rather well for WDC so far.

soddi bo @ Finland and Bottas' LFS brushin the wall and Pirelli sayin no to him.

ABSOLUTELLY AWESOME TO SEE CARS GOING NOSE TO TAIL IN SPEED CHICANE ESSES!!!!! FAK 20.000RPM, THIS IS AWESOME.

And Magnussen, que fantastico. I'm sensing he'll have a proper jump over Ricci now.
Loving the chaos, doesn't look anything like the DRS/Pirelli orchestrated crap of last year, even if the gaps are bigger.
Watching Bottas always makes me want to press F3="good pass" button.
Bad luck with wall but then again lucky that SC came out
Well this was definitely worth getting up at 5.30 for. C'mon K-Mag, Hulk and Bottas!
#556 - CSF
Kimi shitting it every time someone comes near him at the moment.
Magnussen eh!
this year is going to be awesome. very nice battles and magnussen did a hell of a good job
Quote from lamerr :Magnussen eh!

Yep. Passing isn't exactly peace of cake for him compared to Bottas. Now, Daniel is quite strong character as well, this is to go long way yet.

Quote from CSF :Kimi shitting it every time someone comes near him at the moment.

As per usual Ferrari is absolutely useless at start of the year. Terribly slow and un-user friendly making the poor bastard even slower. Sort of reminds me of late 90's and Schumi really dragging that team on his back as the season goes on.
My driver of the day is definitely Magnussen. Maybe he will do the same as Hamilton in 2007, only time will tell.

And Bottas...he had chances for a podium but banging that wall cost too much. Not much to say about Kimi, his car still isn't in a good shape.

All in all, happy to see different drivers on the podium, maybe Vettel won't be dominating as much as before anymore...I like where this is going.
Quote from BBC Sport :Could there be trouble brewing for Daniel Ricciardo? The Australian has been referred to the stewards over fuel flow rate. more on that when we have it.

Hmm...

Edit: Welp, it looks like Ricciardo is going to be DQ'd as the FIA say that he consistently exceeded the maximum allowed fuel flow of 100 kg/h
Edit: D'oh! Ninja'd by J@tko.
No action on Kobayashi as T1 incident was due to rear brake failure.

EDIT: With regards Daniel Ricciardo, the FIA say: "During the race car number 03 has exceeded consistently the maximum allowed fuel flow of 100 kg/h."

Awks.
Shame about Kobayashi, he almost got ripped a new one then Really well done for both McLarens and Ricciardo and Bottas
#564 - CSF
Quote from speed1230 :Hmm...

Edit: Welp, it looks like Ricciardo is going to be DQ'd as the FIA say that he consistently exceeded the maximum allowed fuel flow of 100 kg/h
Edit: D'oh! Ninja'd by J@tko.

Red Bull had issues with that on Vettel's car yesterday. I'm going to guess its a software issue and he won't be DQ'd.
Really happy to see McLaren in front, as my favorite team. Incredible job has been done by Kevin. Kevin's case is similar to 2007 Lewis' case. 4th in qual, third in race. Just amazing. He has driven flawlessly all race long. No mistakes. Totally focused on. Happy for Jenson as well, of course, but not really satisfied with his performance. He did not have such raw speed as Kevin did, and basically he climbed up the grid after pit stop procedures. This is what me worries. You can't expect doing great race by race if you don't have the speed on your own.

Sad for my favorite Lewis. Somehow I got a bad feeling before the race that he might struggle in this race, and he obviously struggled really bad. Felipe is such a unfortune, as well. I mean, c'mon that japanese.. Just bring back japanese and that's what you get. Really wanted to see how Felipe debuts in new team and is he capable of doing great with Williams, as Bottas really did today. What a magnificent drive. When he hit that wall, I thought: "shit, that's it, it's over, and why it happened after all that success. I thought suspension is broken, but no - he came back to the pits, changed the set, managed doing great laptimes, catching up guys and overtaking them. Impressive. It looks like Williams are in very good shape. Even now after just a single race they scored more points that in all previous season long. LOL.

Red Bull is fine. Nothing to worry about. They have the pace and are as quick as McLaren, Williams, Ferrari, obviously not as good as Mercedes, meanwhile, Mercs are amazingly fast, they took the relay from Red Bull.

Sound is amazing and I like it very much. The new regulations are Much more of close fights. That's what we want to see.
I can't wait to see what Boss77 will do this season, that podium was his today.

Quote from seniecka :Felipe is such a unfortune, as well. I mean, c'mon that japanese.. Just bring back japanese and that's what you get.

It was rear brake failure, not driver error. I mean, c'mon you Lithuanian. Just let Lithuanian post and this what you get.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :It was rear brake failure, not driver error. I mean, c'mon you Lithuanian. Just let Lithuanian post and this what you get.

Quote :Kevin Eason ‏@easonF1 12s Ricciardo disqualified from #AustralianGP. Glad I am leaving tomorrow

EDIT: Red Bull are going to appeal the descision. I suposse it's not a F1 race unless there's a decision which needs to be made in Paris.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/201 ... ciardos-disqualification/

Quote :9) The FIA technical representative observed thought the telemetry during the race that the fuel flow was too high and contacted the team, giving them the opportunity to follow his previous instruction, and reduce the fuel flow such that it was within the limit, as measured by the homologated sensor – and thus gave the team the opportunity to be within compliance. The team chose not to make this correction.

A) The team chose to run the car using their fuel flow model, without direction from the FIA. This is a violation of the procedure within TD/ 016*14.

D) That regardless of the team’s assertion that the sensor was fault, it is not within their discretion to run a different fuel flow measurement method without the permission of the FIA.

Not smart from RB. Ignoring FIA directive is a big no-no
Quote from NotAnIllusion :It was rear brake failure, not driver error. I mean, c'mon you Lithuanian. Just let Lithuanian post and this what you get.

I always hate when some stupids overreact and come to instult you personally for no reason. Seriously?
As a specator, I just expressed my view on the case. I've stated it before an actual explanation from Kamui came out. Despite of that, it doesn't change the fact you can't simply divebomb into the bunch of cars, especially when brakes are cold. You need to keep the distance, and it's not the first time when japanese drivers do that. Call it stereotypical, but it's the way it is. T. Sato acted in such way, K. Nakajima as well, now Kamui's turn. They are simply too agressive.

Roland, you can badum tss in your ass.
Quote from seniecka :I always hate when some stupids overreact and come to instult you personally for no reason. Seriously?
As a specator, I just expressed my view on the case. I've stated it before an actual explanation from Kamui came out. Despite of that, it doesn't change the fact you can't simply divebomb into the bunch of cars, especially when brakes are cold. You need to keep the distance, and it's not the first time when japanese drivers do that. Call it stereotypical, but it's the way it is. T. Sato acted in such way, K. Nakajima as well, now Kamui's turn. They are simply too agressive.

Roland, you can badum tss in your ass.

I guess it's hard not to divebomb when you're brakes arn't stopping your car.
Quote from seniecka :I've stated it before an actual explanation from Kamui came out.

News of the result of the investigation into Kobayashi arrived into my RSS client 50 minutes before your post. Maybe you discovered the explanation after, but it was available well before your post.
So the new engine sounds. Not a fan. Doesn't sound as bad as I feared though. Onboard sounds pretty much fine but the trackside cameras sound like crap. Sounds like leaf blower. There are positives though. Hearing the tires lock up is nice as well. It is also nice to hear the sound of the audience in the trackside camers. The cars look trickier to drive as well. Hopefully the teams are not able to adjust the cars to handle too well so we can actually see now when the drivers are pushing and the cars getting sideways out of corners.

I was kinda afraid the fuel saving and I think the race did not show the right picture yet. Lots of safety cars and one extra start certainly helped a lot and teams generally needed to spend a lot less time saving fuel than normally I think. Malaysia should be little easier for fuel consumption and with a safety car there probably won't be an issue with fuel saving.

Amazing drive by the Mangusson and Riciadro.
Quote from Hyperactive :I was kinda afraid the fuel saving and I think the race did not show the right picture yet. Lots of safety cars and one extra start certainly helped a lot and teams generally needed to spend a lot less time saving fuel than normally I think. Malaysia should be little easier for fuel consumption and with a safety car there probably won't be an issue with fuel saving.

I think they were saying earlier that the teams are probably going to underfuel the cars, so the fuel saving is probably going to get worse
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG