The online racing simulator
Possibility of users customizing track-side environment and textures
Hello,

I was wondering whether the developers would allow enthusiasts to re-do the environment of the tracks (not the tracks, themselves; of course), so that some things might look fresh. Track-side buildings, landmarks, walls, trees, rumble strips, gravel, etc., could be re-done keeping the original poly-count and texture footprint the same. A contest could be arranged where fresh ideas can breathe new life on the sim, at least cosmetically.

I suppose the devs can release the track models to eager individuals (who they feel are qualified to do this), so that they can come up with interesting interpretation of the existing tracks (take something out; put something new in). Then, if the devs are happy with what they see, the same could be released as fresh ad-ons from LFS, itself. Of course, those who violate the interests of the devs by misusing any released info could have their license canceled. It would be a win-win for all concerned. Enthusiast model and texture artists may just be happy to have contributed. Imagine Fern Bay without the rural look, or south city with a village look. Tracks would be the same, of course. Just an idea. I hope just mentioning this idea won't get my license canceled.

It may even increase LFS sales, which the devs need to bring new stuff out (I'm assuming). Laziness is a very respectable lifestyle, I know. I am lazy myself, until something rivets my interests. Thoughts?
the devs don't want help from the community. they said that many times. they'd rather let the community die than to let the community their creativity free
Let's hope anyway, though. .
I have never agreed with anything said by LLM...but in this case, I agree ... the devs of LFS would rather this game die than allow the community to save the game (for free).
Retexturing is already possible and done. See all the custom textures floating around on forum.
I was talking about remodeling also, not just texturing the existing geometry.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG