The online racing simulator
It's all you can do when you are all alone out front on the last lap. Peters just gave him too much of a run before ducking back down. Good race though.
This was a much different race than the Cup races so far. Good race despite the dominance by the inside lane that made it difficult for anybody not Timothy Peters to make a good run on the outside.

I second PMD, what was Timothy to do? Let them pass?

Look for rain to play a facotr in the rest of this race weekend at Daytona. Nationwide will be lucky to start on time, and the 500 is likely to be rain shortened at around half way (3PM EST). This is all scattered in form, but it still takes almost 2 hours to dry the track.
Of course he does everything he can to win, I'm just surprised we didn't see the high line try to hold their ground at all. They seemed much more forgiving than usual, but maybe that's just the difference between Trucks and Cup.
Why kyle larson
That garbage bag will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Lots of 2/3 wide, many overtakes, no supersilly cautions...and crazy finish.
Usually dont watch nascar but like this it is actually pretty awesome.
Yea, it's clear that the package can create some great racing. I think it's just a matter of pressuring the drivers/teams to create more risks. When there was a chance of rain ending the race, everyone started pushing for the front and that created pack racing.

The cold weather definitely helped too, 204 mph even with the restrictor plates.
Now that was pack racing. Thank god it rained it made the racing epic.
Great racing. All the good cars were up front at the end which made for a great finish as well. Glad to see Jr as happy as he is, his FoxSportsLive interview was great.

Only bad part is that Dillon wrecks 10 cars in two different wrecks and gets a top 10 out of it.
Awesome race... That's one of the best races I've watched in a long time. I was really surprised about how clean they were racing for the most part. I was seeing situations that in previous years would have caused good sized wrecks.

Really happy to see Jr win as well, he deserved it big-time. Great start to the season for a few of my favorites too, mostly Gordon.

Dillon was a bit disappointing though. He caused multiple incidents, that from my perspective were really simple mistakes that could have been avoided. I was hoping for Larson to have a good speedweeks, but that went out the window.

All-in-all I enjoyed the 500. I can only hope the rest of the season will be this good.
Only 2 rookies running at the end (not counting #33) and only one of them didn't cause any crashes

#AlexBowmanRookieoftheYear

#BestRookieFieldEver
Great race, and Dale Jr. netted another fan. I never liked his dad a bit, but he skipped the burn-out, saluted the fans, and told TV to take a back seat and hugged each member of his crew rather than just thanking them in his interview. Great show of respect. I wish every winner acted the way that he did after the race.

Now to see if the changes at the non-plate tracks are an improvement. That is where NASCAR and the voice of many intelligent fans like PMD and myself (my intelligence is arguable) disagree.

US TV ratings for this race were down in prime-time aired against the Olympics closing ceremony averaging just under 10 million viewers (down about 20% from previous years). The Olympics closing ceremony was also down in TV ratings.

Also of note, that photo is displaying a tornado-like formation towards the south east of Daytona Beach. This means that it is not the aforementioned tornado in Ormond Beach.

Quote from TFalke55 :for some facepalming: http://deadspin.com/scores-of- ... ring-last-year-1529242573

I know more than a few people who did this.
Phil intelligent? Hah....hahahahaa........wow. Nah Phil just listens to me on TS and then posts it here.
Quote from Yuusei :Phil intelligent? Hah....hahahahaa........wow. Nah Phil just listens to me on TS and then posts it here.

And you just repeat jack right?
Jack wishes the all the cars were FWD and Joe thinks everything in NASCAR is about Kyle Larson being the next big thing.
Quote from PMD9409 :Jack wishes the all the cars were FWD and Joe thinks everything in NASCAR is about Kyle Larson being the next big thing.

FWD would be "stock" right?

Larson has a high ceiling as far as his ability and skill, but his average is not there. Contrarily, Mark Martin had/has a relatively low ceiling, but his average is at his skill ceiling. Larson is talent-wise like Kyle Busch only with a lower average (at least at this point in his career. If the new points system remains, I'm afraid the average might not matter anymore.

I'm speaking semi-figuratively, so I hope this has made sense.
Coming from a man that looks like that? Pfft, takes one to know one I guess.
Las Vegas... worst races of the year. NASCAR loves going there though. Phoenix TV ratings were the lowest for the 2nd race of the season since Rockingham in 2000.

Yesterday's Nationwide race was bad. It displayed how thin the Nationwide series is now. It took only about 55 laps for less than 10 cars to be left on the lead lap. 15th place finished 3 laps down.

Now, lets see if NASCAR knows what it's doing. If NASCAR cannot make their 1.5 mile track package better, we're in for another LONG and dis-interesting year. More speed, more downforce. Sounds like something great for racing . Looks like Phoenix tells us what the fans think about the off-seasons changes. We'll see if that trend continues.

Edit: If NASCAR wanted to promote a sport rather than a show I, and thousands of other fans, wouldn't be complaining about much if any of this. The race so far (90 laps to go) hasn't shown much promise. 22 lead changes last year in this race. This year so far: 12. Most this year have been in commercial or caution
It may have been much worse in person, but I felt like they could've kept racing for another 45 seconds to finish the race. It must've started raining earlier/heavier than it the broadcast let it appear to be.
Better safe than have all the cars wrecked
Supposedly half the track had caution lights while the other half had green lights, therefore they called an actual yellow in order to sort it, however it started raining just as that happened.

EDIT: lol: https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/445384907150606337

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG