The online racing simulator
Dedi server problem
(11 posts, started )
Dedi server problem
I have forwarded all of the ports on my router plus unblocked Dcon.exe, lfs.exe and made new ports in windows firewall, yet every time I try to connect to my server, I get a 'Connect timed out' error, how can I make my server work?
Anyone? The server works when I create a new host in the game, it just doesn't when I try and host it via Dcon.exe
-
(MrSam) DELETED by MrSam : ..
im have this problem too... dedicated server opened with static ip ports 29339 and 63392 opened udp tcp firewall etc... and clientconnect failed. in dedi say guest wants to join its difficult cant solved this :S sorry my bad english
Configure your local 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x address in the LFS cfg file ( /ip= setting)

Quote from Davikasy : its difficult

No it's not. Not smart enough is more the rating I would give it.
I'm definitely not smart enough as I'm having the same issue.
All the necessary ports on the router (DD-WRT) are open, .exes allowed on the Win7 firewall...

The weird thing is that I used to host servers just fine some time ago.
Had some problems to host other games, opened up the correct ports on the router and they all worked but for LFS something must be missing, I just don't see what!

To Recap things: static IP set on the .cfg file (/ip=mystaticlanip).
Ports 63392 and 29339 open both on UDP and TCP protocols...
Server set to show on master list (/usemaster=yes)
.exes allowed to access the internet on the Win7 Firewall

What else could I be missing?

The server does not show on the master list and I can't access it even from the same machine on which the server is hosted...

When I or anyone try to login the Dcon.exe shows "Guest wants to join" and after a while the client sees "Connect timed out".

If I try to connect it on the same machine via local network using the static LAN ip I get the "ClientConnect: connect failed".

Used a program called "PFPortChecker" to check if the ports are open and both ports are, on both protocols...

This is bugging me a lot.

Don't really know what to do. Any help would be pretty welcome.
Thanks.
Quote from cargame.nl :Sounds like you did all necassary steps....

You also tried an older version?
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=80523

Yeah, I did.
Actually I had an older version (with a GUI, just like this one you linked to) which always worked for me. I started a server and had the same issues I'm having as of now.

So I downloaded the latest dedicated server and the problems are still there.

The version you linked to me seem to be "working" (it says Status: ON LINE - I don't know how much that's worth) but when I try to connect to it (I'm on 0.6E) it says that "Host has a different game code" and then I can't join.

The server (from the link you sent me) keeps saying "Send Track: ipnumber" to a very odd IP address, certainly not mine, starting with 37.242.xxx.x

Edit: Seems to me that short of formatting the HDD and buying a new modem/router I've got yet to try a clean LFS install with a clean dedicated server on top of it. I"ll try that over here now. Will report back.

Edit2: Well, same thing happens with a fresh LFS install/unlock and latest Dcon.exe
Man, that's weird.

Edit3: Did a hard reset on the router, forwarded the right ports all over again and... still the same issue. Turned off the windows firewall, same thing.
I've got no anti virus or anything else that could mess up with this.
Quote from Meanie :
The server (from the link you sent me) keeps saying "Send Track: ipnumber" to a very odd IP address, certainly not mine, starting with 37.242.xxx.x

Seems that it is on the master server list then (easily being verified by checking LFSWorld server listing).. That IP address could easily be someone who also was reading this topic and noticed your server name underneath your forum profile information.

But of course you need a LFS 0.6B client executable, actually, use the dedi and client exe from this thread;
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=80725

Its just to test if there is some weird issue with the E release.

You don't need anything else then executables, 0.6B also works with 0.6E files. It switches to demo mode though but for a test it should not be a problem.
Just as a heads up, I'm STILL having the exact same problem.
Fresh Windows 7 64 bits copy, everything unlocked/allowed/forwarded and I still can't connect even to my OWN server on my LOCAL machine.

This is maddening.

I can join fine other servers.
I even tried changing some UDP settings on the network card but to no avail.
Quote from Meanie :Just as a heads up, I'm STILL having the exact same problem.
Fresh Windows 7 64 bits copy, everything unlocked/allowed/forwarded and I still can't connect even to my OWN server on my LOCAL machine.

This is maddening.

I can join fine other servers.
I even tried changing some UDP settings on the network card but to no avail.

I had the same problem and asked my brother to look into it (he is the admin of the linux server we have at home).
After some research, he noticed that traffic goes out from your client to the internet, goes through the master server and then back into your home to try and reach the dedicated server.
In the end he made a special route to get it to work (which wasn't straight forward), but I can't tell you the details, because I don't know them.
If you want to host and play at the same time, it's easier to host a server from within the normal client, instead of a dedicated host.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :I had the same problem and asked my brother to look into it (he is the admin of the linux server we have at home).
After some research, he noticed that traffic goes out from your client to the internet, goes through the master server and then back into your home to try and reach the dedicated server.
In the end he made a special route to get it to work (which wasn't straight forward), but I can't tell you the details, because I don't know them.
If you want to host and play at the same time, it's easier to host a server from within the normal client, instead of a dedicated host.

Well thanks... but I just made a test and hosted from the game itself (not the DEDI .exe), asked for a friend to login into the server and he gets the same error I do: "Connect timed out".

Dedi server problem
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG