The online racing simulator
Anders Breivik threatens hunger strike for better video games
What is Norwegian authorities going to do with his demand?
I'm with US style on this one (although I rarely am) - burn the bu**ard!
Well he's clearly insane isn't he. Of course he's going to declare that a PS2 is 'torture', he's got a very unusual perspective on the world.
The only wrong thing that ever happend to him is that his sentence is based on that he is "sane". He is clearly insane.

So what to do? Ignore him, and everything he spews out. Giving him attention is not worth it.

And even if I don't like that guy any bit, I still want him to be offered a normal justice system, and not one where revenge is justice (aka. death penalty). But that's just me, and not an attack on other politic veiws :]
Just ignore that attention seeker... He must be mentally challenged.
Quote from rosewood2 :Just ignore that attention seeker... He must be mentally challenged. I dont want to offend anyone by saying this.

then don't
Having a console in your prison must really suck, especially if it's a PS2. Poor man.

But seriously, who cares?
Quote from Bose321 :Having a console in your prison must really suck, especially if it's a PS2. Poor man.

But seriously, who cares?

Pretty sure most countries only give you a toilet and a bed... and a tv and stuff in the common room or s/t thats about it. sounds to me like he has it pretty damn well.
I read a memoir from a man who in solitary confinement and he said the entertainment was 3 radio stations if you plug some crappy headphones into the wall. One station plays rap, one is in Spanish, and then I think the last one was actually slightly tolerable/understandable.

A PS2? Which you can play GT4 on? Hell, I'd consider trading my xBox 360 and all my games for that.
He's in a warm place, with food and water. He's got things to entertain him.... did he think of the families of those 77 mainly young people he had killed when he made that demand?
That's what blew my mind.
Threatening with hunger strike? My only question is... why is he still alive? Just do us a favour and starve to death, who cares.
Is it legal to let him starve to death?
In norway you can play rayman on a ps2 in jail? I guess they put him into the wrong jail, ffs.
PS. I hope they give him an S2 licence, then it's finally worth to ddos someone outthere.
He gets 3 hots and a cot AND a play station? What did the survivors of the victims get?
Closure? A sense of justice? Especially knowing he's getting a free ride and playing video games?
Dammit Norway! OK so you don't execute scumbags, but don't y'all have something like the ABT or the Mexican Mafia in your prison system? Get them to take care of this clown. All he's doing is wasting your tax payer money.

Hunger strike? Well since the government there has decided he has more value than the victims and coddles him, They ought to indulge him in this matter too and let him starve.
LOL They should see if they can transfer him to a correctional facility that knows how to properly care for inmates like him.
I'm thinking Louisiana or Brazil.
I guess Norway should follow the USA's example on punishing mass shooters, after all you guys have a new one to punish every couple of weeks.
If that was me, I would give him a Spectrum with loads of games on tape......and no tape drive....then see how mentally challenged he gets
Better idea : Give him QWOP or IWBTG.
If he was in the US, that would Electrocute the f&^%er but that is to good for him. Lethal Injection, again to good for him. He needs to be made to suffer like the families of the victims, but guess what, under the Human Rights Act, out of Brussels's this won't happen

Apparently he has a right to live, and be treated fair....
#19 - PoVo
He needs to get Flappy Bird
Quote from Fordman :If he was in the US, that would Electrocute the f&^%er but that is to good for him. Lethal Injection, again to good for him. He needs to be made to suffer like the families of the victims, but guess what, under the Human Rights Act, out of Brussels's this won't happen

Apparently he has a right to live, and be treated fair....

I'm a strange American in that I don't believe in Capital punishment or abortion. Usually we believe in one and totally against the other.
Sure there's plenty of people out there that don't really need to be breathing anymore, but governments aren't known to be the most competent institutions for doing that.
And like you said...what sort of justice would be served if he gets lionized in the media, then allowed to take a nap? That is too good for him.
Nope, he should be in a prison, where even if he doesn't care about what he's done, others will. Somewhere where he has to worry about some dude shanking him over a food tray instead of having up to date video games.
Quote from Racer Y :I'm a strange American in that I don't believe in Capital punishment or abortion.

Neither are even questions of faith. What you "believe" makes no difference when it is the fact that matter. Not opinions.

As for capital punishment I find it kind of crazy how people see it purely from the perspective of revenge. Or letting him live is worse punishment than dying. The "easy way out".

In my opinion Breivik should be killed simply because he is too dangerous alive.
Given his rights, he does indeed have the right to call a hunger strike on his own accord. However, if he dies doing so, no one else will get the blame as it's his own fault for carrying it out and nobody pays him any attention.

Quote from Hyperactive :
In my opinion Breivik should be killed simply because he is too dangerous alive.

Or he could be kept as long as possible remanded in a prison with no hope of seeing light outside ever again. He would most definitely suffer if no attention is paid to him and he'd choose suicide after some time. It's really not much to him if he is to be executed. I believe causing him massive grief and suffering in solitude is a better solution. He's a valid criminal, why would they care about his rights?
WTF is this for real. Fuking hilarious.
Quote from Fordman :He needs to be made to suffer like the families of the victims, but guess what, under the Human Rights Act, out of Brussels's this won't happen

Maybe we should let individuals opt out of the human rights act. So you, the conservatives, all the Daily Mail readers, you can all opt out of the human rights act and get a good idea of what it's like to get locked up without trial and tortured for a few years.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG