The online racing simulator
LFS kills my PC [solved]
(15 posts, started )
LFS kills my PC [solved]
Hi
I have a huge problem. I'm going to tell the whole story. I played LFS a long time ago too (it was about half or one year ago and i was playing for 2 years) i didn't had any problem with the game. About 2 months ago i wanted to play again, so i downloaded it. Installed, it runs, everything OK. Today i played online and my PC suddenly freezes. OK, no problem, restart it. Alright. Rejoined the server, played about 10-15 minutes, and it did again. I checked almost every server, it freeze everywhere. At playbacks too. And in single player too...
I have no idea what to do. Please help me. Yeah before you ask: i have got a fresh WinXP on an old PC, but it have to run the game. And sorry for grammar mistakes, english is not my first language
Have you tried updating your drivers?
Windows Update?
Reinstall a fresh LFS from lfs.net?

Screen resolution? Are you playing in full screen or windowed when this problem happens?
Unfortunately i can't update my drivers, i have the newest for this configuration...
Windows update? If you mean reinstall, i won't. I did it before i started playing again, so it's new. It's a XP SP3.
I will try to reinstall LFS than. But what can cause my problem?
I play at full screen at 1280x1024 (32bit) 75Hz.
Try and see if you can reproduce the same problem in windowed mode.

(SHIFT + F4) When the game is open to switch to windowed mode.

Play arround and lets see if it still crashes. If you get the " Is not responding " check if you can get the error log by clicking in "View more details" , then paste it here and wait for the answer of a Dev.
It seems that windowed mode works fine. I will test it hard the next days.
Thanks for the help
Well,

Lets hope it doesnt crash anymore.

Enjoy
Maybe try older drivers for your GFX card and make sure your DirectX is working properly. It should work in both full and windowed.
Hi
Bad news.. It started to do that freeze again... online and offline too. I tried everything except Win reinstall (i won't do that again): fullscreen, windowed mode, the new drivers, the older ones, i don't know what to do now... somebody please help, i want to play
How comes it didnt crash for 1 month and now started again?

What did you Install / change?
I didn't change anything serious. Just installed NFS Carbon, CS:1.6 and a new theme for RocketDock. Anything else is the same. That's why i don't have any idea..
How high is your cpu & gpu temps? I used to have same problem with richard burns rally and it turned out that my gpu was too hot and thats why my pc crashed
Thats a problem with underpowered graphics card, that has underpowered cooling.
tommy, do you have any programs that can monitor your gpu temps? some times pc freezes due to temp or bad power supply. Pm me so we can talk over skype
Quote from TrIpLe M :tommy, do you have any programs that can monitor your gpu temps? some times pc freezes due to temp or bad power supply. Pm me so we can talk over skype

30 December 2013 was the last reply.

His PC morelike died or it's already sorted.
** Best answer **
Quote from TrIpLe M :tommy, do you have any programs that can monitor your gpu temps? some times pc freezes due to temp or bad power supply. Pm me so we can talk over skype

I think the problem was with the power. It gives some strange sounds from the power supply, maybe it didn't got enough power?! Whatever now

Thank you guys for all of the help, problem solved: i got a new PC
The old one isn't dead yet, it's just away now. I think it will be good as a spare one, if this one die one day (i hope that won't happen)

LFS kills my PC [solved]
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG