The online racing simulator
Looking for InSim coder
We have a private project. Looking for InSim coder. If you interested, pm me.
Still I'm looking for a coder.
It might be useful to explain what you want to have coded?
Speaking for myself, I can code within the Framework of LFS-Lapper, so might be able to code your request, but if it is very complicated and needs to be written in machine code, I won't be able to help you.
See my point?
If someone makes an asm InSim application, I'll give them a billion geek points.
LFSLapper isn't enough for my depends. I need a InSim written from bottom. I can't explain all of project. We are using Airio PROS on our servers. We need to fix deficiencies of Airio. Because Airio is closed-source program and looks like It is discontinued.
He probably needs an application written from the grounds up with capabilities similar to AIRIO.
I think he means from the bottom up. In other words, written from scratch.

Considering how much time and effort would be needed, and we already have LFSLapper, Aario, Prism, etc., why would anyone even want to bother, especially just for 1 user.

People asking for a "coder" probably think its like building a mock website; that with a few hours work, the coder can make the exact program required doing exactly what they asked for.

People asking for specific things they want the code to do, should try making an exact specific list (a proper design brief), with examples, including diagrams (this is likely to take hours by itself, although these same people probably think its a 2 minute job). And if they then multiply each individual item wanted by a few days worth of coding per item, they might get some idea of amount of effort required.

They're likely to offer coder 10 euros/dollars for whole project.

So if the coding project takes few months, then if 120 days effort x 8 hours per day x 1 cent per hour = 9.60 euros/dollars -see how generous they are willing to be!

In other words, to all these asking for someone to code something for them that probably doesn't yet exist - good luck

Edit: took me longer to write this than I thought - and someone beat me to it!
Yeah, the amount of work involved even in the simple projects is terribly underestimated. Assuming that I could write something like this in two weeks for 3 EUR per hour, it'd make a total of approximately 180 EUR (10 days, 6 hrs per day). I could probably make more money washing dishes...
I talked with freelancers, they said we don't know what is the InSim so go and find someone knows this.

I think we have enough budget, where collect from donates. Not $10 :P
Take out everything you don't want and make a plugin for LFSLapper / PRISM, etc..
Quote from Dygear :Take out everything you don't want and make a plugin for LFSLapper / PRISM, etc..

PRISM would probably be a better bet as LFSLapper hasn't been updated in a long time(that I know of), and is lacking the new packets, and depending on what the user would like to achieve it may not be very much help over what he has now...
Quote from T3charmy :PRISM would probably be a better bet as LFSLapper hasn't been updated in a long time(that I know of), and is lacking the new packets, and depending on what the user would like to achieve it may not be very much help over what he has now...

Sorry to hijack this topic, but for these questions I don't want to start a new topic.
I've been coding in Lapper for a long time, but it has a couple of ... , well how would I say this in a political way, issues I can't get my head around, while I suspect they are bugs within Lapper.
So I have been thinking to re-write all my programs in PRISM.
There are 2 questions I would like to get answered:

1) Can PRISM do anything Lapper can?
2) In Lapper there seems to be a bug when checking tyretypes before/after pitstop, do you think that's working correctly in PRISM or is that an Insim bug?
Quote from Yisc[NL] :1) Can PRISM do anything Lapper can?
2) In Lapper there seems to be a bug when checking tyretypes before/after pitstop, do you think that's working correctly in PRISM or is that an Insim bug?
  1. Yes, you have total access to the InSim interface.
  2. Yes, you have total access to the InSim interface.
PRISM makes it pretty easy to handle things like that. You just have to hook into the IS_PIT packet to get information about the Tyres. You can get original tyres by getting that information from when they joined the race from the IS_NPL packet. I also included the IS_PLA packet and IS_PSF packet as it gives you when they enter and exit the pits.

<?php 
php
class pitInfo extends Plugins
{
    const 
URL 'https://www.lfsforum.net/viewthread.php?p=1843616';
    const 
NAME 'Pit Information';
    const 
AUTHOR 'Your Name Here';
    const 
VERSION '0.1.0';
    const 
DESCRIPTION 'Pit Info Example Plugin';

public 
$enumTyres = array(

TYRE_R1 => 'R1',

TYRE_R2 => 'R2',

TYRE_R3 => 'R3',

TYRE_R4 => 'R4',

TYRE_ROAD_SUPER => 'Road Super',

TYRE_ROAD_NORMAL => 'Road Normal',

TYRE_HYBRID => 'Hybrid',

TYRE_KNOBBLY => 'Knobbly'

);

public 
$playersTyres = array();

public function 
__construct()
    {

$this->registerPacket('onNewPlayer'ISP_NPL);

$this->registerPacket('onPitEntry'ISP_PLA);

$this->registerPacket('onPit'ISP_PIT);

$this->registerPacket('onPitExit'ISP_PSF);
    }

public function 
onNewPlayer(IS_NPL $NPL)
    {

$this->playersTyres[$NPL->PLID] = $NPL->Tyres;
    }

public function 
onPitEntry(IS_PLA $PLA)
    {

print_r($PLA);
    }

public function 
onPit(IS_PIT $PIT)
    {

# Get Player Name

$PName $this->getPlayerByPLID($PIT->PLID)->PName;

# Old Tyres

$oLF $this->enumTyres[$this->playersTyres[$PIT->PLID][0]];

$oRF $this->enumTyres[$this->playersTyres[$PIT->PLID][1]];

$oLR $this->enumTyres[$this->playersTyres[$PIT->PLID][2]];

$oRR $this->enumTyres[$this->playersTyres[$PIT->PLID][3]];

# New Tyres

$nLF $this->enumTyres[$PIT->Tyres[0]];

$nRF $this->enumTyres[$PIT->Tyres[1]];

$nLR $this->enumTyres[$PIT->Tyres[2]];

$nRR $this->enumTyres[$PIT->Tyres[3]];

# Print Output To Console

console("{$PName} Changed Tyres To: {$nLF}{$nRF}{$nLR}, & {$nRR}; From: {$oLF}{$oRF}{$oLR}, & {$oRR}.");
    }

public function 
onPitExit(IS_PSF $PSF)
    {

print_r($PSF);
    }
}

?>

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG