The online racing simulator
The RIP Thread
(405 posts, started )
I am socked
I have no words...
i had the chance to race with you, it was an honor.
R.I.P Tomek.
Major shock indeed.
Back when he was in Sonicrealms, I remember him teaching me how to take that obnoxious fast chicane at WE1 flat, in some car or other. Amazingly fast driver...
RIP
-
(traxxion) DELETED by traxxion : Going to post in a more appropriate thread
I remember that Tomek was perfection on the track and a nice chap overall.

My condolences to his family and friends and to the whole LFS community.

RIP
don't come on here much anymore but had to look after read i about this on facebook, properly shocked me and i didn't even really know the guy. R.I.P

Does this not deserve it's own thread in LFS Discussion? some people might not find it here...
It's always a terrible news, when someone is passing away, especially young one, closer to all of us..

R.I.P Tomek
saddened to hear about imol , rip imol. a true lfs legend and friend
Rest in Peace Tomek, it was always a joy racing with you... i can't find words for how sad i feel right now
I don't believe time and space are linear, so death isn't the end, it is more like a transition to another reality. Tomek always had an endless motivation to be first and once again he kicked our asses in this big race we call life.
I'm sure it will not be long before he find a track and a machine to race on it, and soon enough we'll join him to get pawned some more!

Race in Peace Tomek!
I just wish he could troll me again. "MOOODAAAY, what are you doooin?! WHY DOU YOU BREAK THERE MOOODAAAY?! MOOODAY why do you drift MOOODAAAY? Why don't you hit the APEX MOOODAAAY?!"
Quote from Framaris :I don't believe time and space are linear, so death isn't the end, it is more like a transition to another reality. Tomek always had an endless motivation to be first and once again he kicked our asses in this big race we call life.
I'm sure it will not be long before he find a track and a machine to race on it, and soon enough we'll join him to get pawned some more!

Race in Peace Tomek!

well said fram.
rest in peace tomek
R.I.P Tomek
Quote from undertaker00 :well said fram.
rest in peace tomek

Yeah, but let's agree on something right now..he has won that race, so no need for anyone to try to get second or third in this one. Drive carefully and be safe!

There is also a lesson to be learned here, I mean many of us didn't like or understand Tomek and many have been mean to him, so most are now probably feeling like: ''maybe I should have put more effort to get to know him?'' or ''why have I been so hard on him, it is only a ****ing game after all!'' or ''I use to hate him, so why I feel sad and sorry now?''...if you do, don't let that feeling go and make it count (as your way of saying sorry) by remembering this moment every time you will meet similar situations and relationships. Take the time to appreciate each others because before you know it is too late and there is no way back!
Wow... Haven't been on the forums for a while to come back to this...

RIP Tomek
Since i don't know very well Imol, but i know only that he was a fast simdriver.

But fast or not fast i think that 21 years are too few to leave us.

Rip Tomasz.
I knew him only on LFS, but I'm really sad.
R.I.P. Tomek
I'm possibly one of the very few here who got a chance to meet him in real life and I believe you can't just consider somebody as an online friend after that. Even if he didn't have a lot to cheer about, he would put an enormous guilt on himself, roll up his sleeves and do the job.

As a simracer, I knew him from his early days in serious racing, and even when he was quite green back in the day, he just had this ongoing passion that only the guys who stay here for so long have. It was a priviledge to be working with him not once, not twice but three separate times - he was a dream guy to be gearing up for the race with - no complaints, no bullshit, just pure pace. I felt like winning races with him in the team was easy - his skills would pay the bills in the long run and it was just a matter of bringing the ride home.

He had this easiness of putting a fast lap one after another. There's no denying he is one of the guys on the LFS All-Time Great shortlist, and even if an arguement can be made that he wasn't the most successful individual, his teamplay was always impeccable. The temper he had surely cost him a few wins and I could never understand why he didn't learn to do this and that and be an absolutely fearsome monster on the track, but I guess he was always being himself, a bit infantile, but in a good way - I enjoyed LFS the most when I was a lot like him.

He showed me the way, and even in the last race he was a benchmark for me - a guy who took his own skills into the next level by hard work and didn't try to find the pace anywhere else. It's such a huge loss for me, because just when I thought I was starting to close up the pace gap between us and getting his respect, something I've always strived for, he's gone.

Always remembered, never forgotten.
Quote from Ziomek21 :I'm possibly one of the very few here who got a chance to meet him in real life and I believe you can't just consider somebody as an online friend after that. Even if he didn't have a lot to cheer about, he would put an enormous guilt on himself, roll up his sleeves and do the job.

As a simracer, I knew him from his early days in serious racing, and even when he was quite green back in the day, he just had this ongoing passion that only the guys who stay here for so long have. It was a priviledge to be working with him not once, not twice but three separate times - he was a dream guy to be gearing up for the race with - no complaints, no bullshit, just pure pace. I felt like winning races with him in the team was easy - his skills would pay the bills in the long run and it was just a matter of bringing the ride home.

He had this easiness of putting a fast lap one after another. There's no denying he is one of the guys on the LFS All-Time Great shortlist, and even if an arguement can be made that he wasn't the most successful individual, his teamplay was always impeccable. The temper he had surely cost him a few wins and I could never understand why he didn't learn to do this and that and be an absolutely fearsome monster on the track, but I guess he was always being himself, a bit infantile, but in a good way - I enjoyed LFS the most when I was a lot like him.

He showed me the way, and even in the last race he was a benchmark for me - a guy who took his own skills into the next level by hard work and didn't try to find the pace anywhere else. It's such a huge loss for me, because just when I thought I was starting to close up the pace gap between us and getting his respect, something I've always strived for, he's gone.

Always remembered, never forgotten.

Great post. I didn't ever appreciate how much he fueled my motivation until now. He was a 1 of a kind guy in SimRacing, I've never met someone like him - it wasn't just that he was passionate, he was open about it and always showed how he felt. It really starts to sink in today that he won't be there for the 24h race that we were talking about after AS6. On my Birthday we talked for 2h constantly and it was 1 of those conversations you have with someone only so often. He mentioned how the things he wanted to do for his life to be complete was seeing F1, Le Mans and driving a lap on the Nordschleife, and I remember thinking I'd love to do those things but knowing somehow I'd probably never do them because I'd always think I'd do it some other time - but now hopefully 1 day I will do those things because sometimes life can be too short..

The way he asked for the picture thats linked in my sig will always stick with me as the moment I remember from him, we weren't that friendly back then but he did it anyway and I remember thinking it was weird and almost embarrassed by it, but I did it anyway because it seemed such a human request, a friendly side to him I hadn't seen before. The races I spent racing him were the funnest days I've had in simracing. I'm really glad I spent the time to talk to him privately and put the issues I had with him in the past aside. Even though at the end of the day LFS is only a game, the respect he (atleast from my perspective) seemed to have for me in the last year or so made me feel somehow proud.

Even now that he's gone I think the memory of him will still push me in simracing and hopefully 1 day I'll be able to achieve something significant because of him. It feels weird to care so much, because I'm sure there were guys who were closer to him than I was but I guess we shared a lot of memories and that's why.
What a shocking news, I didn´t have the privilege to know him well but I remember his taillights on the track when he was laping me. Rest In Peace Tomek.
Read this on facebook... What a sad news...

Didn't really know him a lot, but I got the possibilities to talk with him some short times on leagues, he was a nice person... And a fast guy... RIP.
I might have no idea who he is.
Which might be due to the fact that I am slow, and therefore not fast enough for any of these pro lfs championships.

But a sad story nonetheless.
R.I.P. my fellow simracer.
A few days have passed by but I still find my brain ticking at the thoughts of him, and find myself dropping a few tears for him at every thought. I just can't get my head around of what just happened... Totally blasted my mood and thoughts for unknown time.
Quote from Kristi :A few days have passed by but I still find my brain ticking at the thoughts of him, and find myself dropping a few tears for him at every thought. I just can't get my head around of what just happened... Totally blasted my mood and thoughts for unknown time.

Feeling the same, it's just weird to imagine LFS without one of its most iconic drivers...
I think I've never raced against him, but as others have said, it is always sad to hear that another person with the same interests as you and with a great personality passed away... He will be remembered. Rest in peace fellow racer.
Good to see other people are feeling the same sort of thing as me. It's still so hard to believe..
Quote from IsaacPrice :Good to see other people are feeling the same sort of thing as me. It's still so hard to believe..Frown

Did you make the drawing in your sig?

The RIP Thread
(405 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG