The online racing simulator
e2mustang's possible pc upgrade[need help]
Hi there !

Little story of my current pc:
(spec:Gigabyte p55 ud4p LGA 1156,Core i7 860,8 gig kingston hyperx,gtx 560ti OC)

started having issues with vga and its driver when i clicked an image or started any video,it kept freezing the screen and sometimes rebooting with error code "kernel driver stopped responding but recovered". I tried newest nvidia driver,tried older and was the same. in total sadness i reinstalled windows,and after all programs were back up it had the same problem. to cut it short my pcie x16 died,so i swapped it to the x8. its a bit slower now and also some usb ports have had problems going back 2 years ago so i thought i might get a new mobo and maybe a new cpu as well on the cheap side.

My question is,which one is better right now, lga 1155 with 3rd or 4th gen cpu,1366 or 2011? and which mobo i should get after we decided which is best for cheap? (sata3 and usb3 is must)

Keep in mind im intel and nvidia fan,but i guess you already know by now
Well i dont want to downgrade from i7 to i3,defo want to keep or upgrade my cpu performance. i thought 300 gbp would be my budget for a mobo+cpu
had a look and i believe these would be enough for me and would be still faster than my current setup.
you guys can advise me better or better cheaper w/e
Mobo asrock z77

Cpu i7 3770k
would a i5 3570k be noticable difference?
Dont quote me as im not too deep into the subject but look around once in a while since sooner or later i'll have to upgrade as well.

Afaik, the i7 supports hyperthreading which makes it an theoretical 8-core. I guess its a bit more futureproof and depending on the price it might be worth it, but generally you wont see much difference if programs dont use more than 4 cores, like most games atm. But more cores is the direction game developement is evolving. Ircc, BF4 for example, makes good use of more cores.
Started having a hangup issue with the system.. only happened twice now,but when it starts it does it all day long till reboot. What happens is the system hangs up and than my mouse cursor starts changing itself and sometimes dissappear. when this happens,whatever is in background like music etc still plays fine without hangups. any ideas? could it be psu? its few years old now

edit: when i restart it goes thru the proccess,and when monitor shuts off the system stays there and wont restart until i hit my reset button..
E2 i was having the device recovery issue on 2 gpu's when i started playing iracing. 1st gpu was a nvidia gt240 and it would bsod me.upgraded to a gtx 650 ti boost and reformatted

Same issue but instead of bsod it flashed screen and recovered with reduced fps

This fixed it for me: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946

Im not sure if its the same but it is an easy fix if it works. And like i said no idea really, just was a similar error message in your op so thought i would share.
yeah that error msg was solved with new mobo,coz my pcie was dead.i dont get that anymore but as said above system just hangs up without any msgs,and when that happens it wont shut down and it wont restart by its own i have to push the buttons on the case
Sorry for the delay.....

It sounds like overheating, possibly.

What heat paste did you use, is the cooler clamped on the processor properly, are all the fans working, what cooling do you have on your case, whats your power supply, is it new, if not, is it dirty, old etc......

Did you do a clean windoze install with the new MB ?

Is the HD old ?

Yeah, all boring 'I Know !' questions but one of them may be the problem.

My feeling, was it a clean install ?, as if it wasn't, then that's a not uncommon problem.
npz

well i used gc extreme paste but i may have put more than i should but its still under 40 degrees so dunno. clean windows install,the ssd is a year old only,my psu is 5 years old,but i had a suspision 3 years ago that it shorted my old mobo.
it havent done it since,but when i get time ill repaste the cpu,ans when i get some money ill buy a good psu

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG