The online racing simulator
Most users ever online was ... definitly NOT 21st November 2013
"Most users ever online was 3,138, 21st November 2013 at 20:47."

Says the statisics on the front page of this forum. Now, when I remember the time somewhere around , puhh, when was that, hard to say, somewhere between 2005-2007 I guess, there was an Update to be released that almost made everyones F5 key break b/c Scawen left us waiting. It was the time when LFS had the best race ever seen: Leagues, Events, 24h races, TV-broadcasting with Joachim "Vykos" Fies and so on. We all though LFS would make it's way to be the most sophisticated and widley used online racing simulator in the "world" imporving from update to update leaving all competitors (R-Factor, GTR, etc.) behind.

I'd say, looking back at these glorious times when LFS was at its best that more than just 3000 people were online once at a time. Or am I wrong? What could have been the reason on the 21st of November 2013 to attract so many people that this day holds the most-people-ever-online-record? Am I missing something?

I guess I'm just getting sad b/c all the lousy games such as Grid, Dirt3 etc. but also the enthusiast games such as iRacing, GTR, Race07 etc. didn't quite satisfy me in terms of car-feeling and handling which always brings me back to this forum and to see nothing happend or will happen. And if it ever happens, it's too late. There will never be such a community as back than and without the community LFS can be as perfect as never seen before, without all the great racers out there that I raced with it's not the same anymore. *cryyyyying* :-D Nevermind.

Back to topic. So, what is the actual number of people ever online in this forum?
Quote from Lampost22 :What could have been the reason on the 21st of November 2013 to attract so many people that this day holds the most-people-ever-online-record? Am I missing something?

Most likely traffic from Reddit/other sites because of Oculus Rift test patches around that time.
Quote from Lampost22 :It was the time when LFS had the best race ever seen: Leagues, Events, 24h races, TV-broadcasting with Joachim "Vykos" Fies and so on.

Only thing that's not around these days from your list is that Vykos-guy as broadcaster,there is still much activity in leagues with 2 different 24h races within next month. But then again - those oldschoolers usually remember their glory days with known guys around,most of them somehow don't accept those pesky newbies of today.
Short version: stop thinking only about [the very great] past,enjoy the present! If everyone of those old members would do that,LFS would be more populated then ever!
#4 - troy
Still around, yes, the same standard? No!

Nothing against NDR or any other league organizer they all probably do an even better job then back in the days but that's because they have to, it's not as easy any more getting the masses mobilized. If you look at leagues/endurance events today and 6-8 years ago it's a completely different thing, be it the number of competitors or the buzz created not only in this community but also outside.

The German community especially was huge back then, with the LFS ESL finale broadcasted live on cable/sat TV and electronic/consumer brands sponsoring some big prizes, that train has left to Sims creating more hype these days. The last larger thing I remember was the Finnish maailman nopein kasa back in 2009 (?) which got us a batch of really talented Finns, just like we had plenty of talented Germans when the ESL was on it's peak.

I do think it is important that you get these huge events raising awareness outside of this community reaching new people and forming the racing competition of tomorrow. There will always be old moaning people (like me these days ) leaving, which isn't a problem as long as you've got enough young talent coming in.

Edit: Almost forgot, calling Vykos a broadcaster is not doing it justice really, he was the unpaid LFS PR guy in Germany, raising awareness, getting on TV, organizing events and a hundred other things I've missed or which never surfaced publicly.
Quote from troy :Edit: Almost forgot, calling Vykos a broadcaster is not doing it justice really, he was the unpaid LFS PR guy in Germany, raising awareness, getting on TV, organizing events and a hundred other things I've missed or which never surfaced publicly.

The ultimate unsung Hero, even though his dancing skills was a bit iffy LOL

Fordie
Quote from troy :Edit: Almost forgot, calling Vykos a broadcaster is not doing it justice really, he was the unpaid LFS PR guy in Germany, raising awareness, getting on TV, organizing events and a hundred other things I've missed or which never surfaced publicly.

Agreed.

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=33
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=4763
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=16284
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=40447

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddwUzJr34ys
It has happened before, it will happen again. It's just a matter of time.

You may not like other sims for one reason or another, and feel frustrated by LFS's state at the same time. But given the ever improving tech base of numerical vehicle dynamics simulation, something will happen sooner or later. Even if the good old days are gone (?), it won't be forever.
#8 - ORION
uaah i just realized that it been SOO long that kidcodea is not banned anymore
I wonder if Truditurbo still plays golf..

Most users ever online was ... definitly NOT 21st November 2013
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG