The online racing simulator
God bless my shitty little car, help me (buying new car you retards)
So, my poor little Atos is really struggeling, and it is getting close to the 2-year-inspection/repair (EU service). I can allready sence that my Hyundai is going to shit. The ABS brakes are faulty / the sencor/cencor (how you spell it) is pretty much dead, all the suspensions and springs (if there ever were some) are totally shit (it bounches over the speedbumbs now lol), the engine is pretty much dead performance wise - uses very much oil and fuel (also when inspecting the oil it does look like there is a lot of rust and water there, white foam) and the list goes on and on..

So, I am going to ignore everything wrong with it the next weeks before the controll, and don't even try using money on it.
I have desided that I am tired of the gambling on buying used cars, and instead I will aim for a economic and somewhat reasonable NEW car.
Yeah, **** me, the consuming pig ****er who hates the enviroment and all that.. but in the long run it seems to be a somewhat reasonable thing to do. Buying many used cars instead of just sticking to one new might pan out in the long run.

Nevertheless, fairly cheap, economic and generally O.K cars, WHAT THE **** should I buy?! I mean, the marked is flooded with different brands, modells, yearly productions and so on.
But, I have done some research, and specially two cars got into my attention: The Toyota Auris and Mazda 3 (2014 model).

So why these two? Because both of these modells (actually 3 modells, since I can either chose sedan or hatchback mazda) are somewhat reasonable new prized, ok safety and very economic.
Also I'm really having an good eye for the Mazda 3 Sedan, it looks... well it looks like a nice car to be honest. Nothing fancy dancy, just a ordinary O.K car for a nice amount of coins.

So what you guys think?
To me it seems Mazda has been very unfair downvoted by people, and all the "brotips" tells me that small mercedes'es or BMW's are the way to go, but they are both very much more expensive in price and driving economics.

Also, I'm thinking of doing diesel engine this time.
"Ahh you such, you god damn imbecile, the car will have no power, you fail at life" I KNOW GOD DAMNIT But, it uses so much less fuel compared to the normal petrol version. It's a little more expensive for the engine, but on just 1-2 years I will have saved that amount by the cheaper diesel prices. Also the diesel engine in the Mazda is 2.2L 150BHP, so it should be ok for the road.

So, enligheten me while you tell me how surprisingly retarded I am, on what to buy and not what to buy!

Edit: Attached pictures of the two alternatives.
Attached images
2014_mazda_3_berline_noir-de-jais_032.png
Toyota-Auris-2013-wallpaper.jpg
Well, it seems that you are more biased towards the Mazda, why are you even wondering about it then?

Mazda looks better IMO, I'd go for it.
Well, I have an habbit of beeing too focused on just one point if I like it, and by doing that I sometimes tend to do stupendous things
So basically I was hoping that either people would confirm it seems like a good buy, or if there are some serious downsides with this car that could make it beeing an horrible experience.
Or maybe even someone have a better idea for a somewhat cheap, economical and O.K looking car?
For good sake get the Mazda.

You don't want to be put in the same group as pensioners do you?
Aka Toyota econobox drivers.
Lol it is a little late for that, you have seen my current vechicle the Huynday? ;p It cannot get worse than that haha
Buy something used with shitloads of power, manual, rwd and lsd
Lol do even people buy something else than manual?
And RWD is more expensive and mostly impossible to find these days :/
Quote from The Very End :Lol do even people buy something else than manual?
And RWD is more expensive and mostly impossible to find these days :/

gt86/brz?
#9 - Jakg
Quote from The Very End :And RWD is more expensive and mostly impossible to find these days :/

Not at all comparable as you live in Norway, taxation central, but in the UK BMW are desperate to shift M135i's. You can pick one up (on a lease basis) for 10,000 miles pa (~16,000 km pa) over 3 years for less than £300 a month (~$500).

Was very *very* tempted once I worked out how much cash I have left over each month after all my bills etc.
Have you thought about Škoda? You could get pretty nice Octavia for price of Mazda6...
/flamesuit on

Citroën C3/Renault Clio
Cheap, low fuel usage (1.4L petrol engines use 5-6L/100km avg (I know you want a diesel but these are just as reference)) and they are actually pretty good cars. For example, my father now has a Citroen C4 (1.4L 65kW petrol, I think the engine was made by Peugeot) for 6 years already (133k km on the screen (it doesn't have a clock )) and he hasn't had any problems with it so far. Also, a "did you know": Citroen develops engines in cooperation with BMW for some time now.
As for the Renault, I don't know anybody having one, but people say that they are the best French cars, right?
I've heard many good things about Toyota, they have reliable cars which is really what you should be looking for if you're considering economics as well. As for Mazda I've heard the service is quite expensive or at least it is here in Mexico, and that they're good cars as well. I would go for the Mazda, or a Seat Ibiza (They're pretty popular here and my car has been great, it's a 2012 model), and if you have more money go for a León
I'd go for the Toyota if the norwegian ones are built in Japan instead of UK. Mazda if the Toyota is UK built.

Why? Reliability.
Thanks for the inputs guys
In terms of service and parts prices they seems pretty similar for all the "cheap" brands. The Citroen is also nice and economic cars, and I was at some point wondering if I should buy a used one, but after some thinking I whent for the idea of buying one instead of regullary having to fix and replace the cars

BMWs here in Norway er expensive, unless you got for the 80's version ;p But they need so much care that I would lack both the skills needed for that and probally money in the long run
Still looks better than my current car
yes never buy a uk made car. comes from brittish people not me but i approve that massage
Mazda 3 is a great car. It was even nominated for COTY. The Auris looks like crap but it's not too bad either.

I say buying a brand new car is a waste of money, just think of the value loss. Try finding a used one for MUCH cheaper.
"So, my poor little Atos is really struggeling, and it is getting close to the 2-year-inspection/repair (EU service). I can allready sence that my Hyundai is going to shit. The ABS brakes are faulty / the sencor/cencor (how you spell it) is pretty much dead, all the suspensions and springs (if there ever were some) are totally shit (it bounches over the speedbumbs now lol), the engine is pretty much dead performance wise - uses very much oil and fuel (also when inspecting the oil it does look like there is a lot of rust and water there, white foam) and the list goes on and on.. "

Uhhh... you're going to have that problem with just about any car you buy if you don't keep up with the oil.

I don't know much about Mazdas. People I know that owns them seems to like them. My wife's car is a Toyota Matrix. It looks like the Auris you're interested in.
Maybe it's the same car but different name? They do that on some models that get sold in different countries from time to time. Hers has an auto transmission. A manual transmission really sucks to have when a big part of your drive time is sitting in a grid lock for an hour and a half. But it's a really good car. We took it on a massive road trip from here to Eureka, California. Most of that trip was through deserts and mountains in June. My biggest complaint was road noise. We got a different brand of tires when it came time to replace them, but there still is some noise.
I'm going to assume you don't work on cars much. Toyotas are low maintenance and a little cheaper with mechanic bills

BMW...Really?
Those cars drive great, they're comfortable, they look cool... But when things start to go wrong, sell it quick. LOL you think they're expensive to buy? Wait til the repair costs start up. Once they get to certain point, they're pretty much junk and trying to fix them is an overpriced waste of time. What would be a no-brainer low-cost repair on a Mazda or Toyota can wind up being a really expensive nightmare for the beemer. I learned this the hard way.

BTW it's
SENSOR

Well, pumping the Atos to 165 kp/h on the autobahn weren't that good in the long run I guess But it served you well.

Of the two you named I'd go for the Mazda. But two more you might consider:

Hyundai i30 and Kia Cee'd aka reasonably priced car.

In both cases a lot of car for the money, and both surpass the Golf in most german car tests I read (only losing in resale value every time)
Attached images
531009_268719686577575_680193970_n.jpg
Auris has "female driver" written all over it, New mazda line looks hot as ****, the designer finally hit the nail, never fancied mazdas by the looks as much as now. They are both good cars on engine and reliability wise. I´d go for mazda, but if toyota... i´d go for used avensis (D-4D engine) nice looking, reliable, reasonable maintenance costs, lots of space and economic.
Quote from Racer Y :
BMW...Really?
Those cars drive great, they're comfortable, they look cool... But when things start to go wrong, sell it quick. LOL you think they're expensive to buy? Wait til the repair costs start up. Once they get to certain point, they're pretty much junk and trying to fix them is an overpriced waste of time. What would be a no-brainer low-cost repair on a Mazda or Toyota can wind up being a really expensive nightmare for the beemer. I learned this the hard way.

Agree if you speak about ~1997-2014 bmw

If you want reliable beemer, buy something from the 80ies

e21/e30/e28/e34/e24/e23/e32

BMW 323I E-30 - november 1983

God bless my shitty little car, help me (buying new car you retards)
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG