The online racing simulator
Woodcutter Simulator 2013
(11 posts, started )
I'll be buying it only because then I'd be able to recreate something I did with a friend last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmOxpN5XzuQ

But does it have any modability? The only game value in these simulators are the lack of physics/humor anyways.
Not something worth investing in
Thanks for the thread, reading some of the reviews for this epic has saved me from playing Left 4 Dead 2............

You won't believe your mince pies it's Woodcutter Simulator 2013!

You are the lumberjack, the gruff, moustached brute in a checkered shirt. Calloused hands smash your trusty axe into trunk after trunk, felling the great wooden skyscrapers of your horizon.

lumberjack
Oops no moustache.

Your shirt removed you feel the crisp mountain air on your muscled flesh and rushing into your heaving chest. This is your sky, your forest, your world.

Except Woodcutter Simulator is nothing like that. It's all "numerous vehicles and cranes" and "diverse tasks" and "integrated economy" and chainsaws and delivering logs to customers in bloody vans.

It's as if someone sucked all the romance out of the idea with an industrial leaf vacuum. It's like stupid old boring real life. Look!

If you're still interested, pencil Q1 2013 in the diary and make sure you've got a capable-ish PC.

It's not even my favourite simulator game. I mean, Excalibur has Camping Manager 2012 and Bridge Project, and Disaster Response Unit and Circus World.

But there's still no sign of Victorian Chimney Sweep Simulator or Morgue Simulator.
http://www.eurogamer.net/artic ... woodcutter-simulator-2013

Here's two of it's better reviews.........

Graphics are decent on ultra high. Sound is amazing. Story has some flaw but it keeps you interested while urging the player to ask serious questions about the logging industry's impact on the environment. I would like to see some future DLC where the tables are turned and you must play as the forest and send squirrels/deers/wolves to fight the lumberjacks and sh*t that would be sweet.

If you can pick this game up for cheap it is worth your time p.s. If you happen to be at a flea market in the Philippines you can trade about a half pound of scrap metal for it.

And......

From the minute I saw this game I knew it was going to be amazing. All sim games are beautifully made and not half arsed or boring at all. The log cutting feature is dynamic and a game mechanic that brings a new, wonderful experience to every moment you chop down a tree. Your character gets to ride around on a speedy hoverboard that will get you to your destination lickety split. Wow, what a fun saying. AHAHAHAHAHA!

The environments are also stunning! Remember that one with the trees? I sure do!

Ten out of ten. Eleven out of ten. Ten tens of tens are tens.
I don't think I wood enjoy it
Actually the Reddit thread is really funny on this one.

[–]cusses 126 points 19 hours ago (163|37)
Hey guys... how would you like a real life adventure. I have about 20 cords of wood that need cut. You get a real life chainsaw and a real life axe. You could level up for real.

[–]joe5joe7 52 points 19 hours ago (70|18)
/r/outside

[–]PiousLiar 1 point 9 hours ago (1|0)
This subreddit is beautiful

load more comments (10 replies)
[–]philphan25 224 points 21 hours ago (283|59)
The question is...why is his van so far away?

[–]nuggynugs 152 points 21 hours ago (187|35)
Because of trees

[–]kayjay734 4 points 18 hours ago (7|3)
Didn't you read it

[–]tizm 2 points 18 hours ago (2|0)
They should've just made an arcade version where the goal is to cause a chain reaction between falling trees in the forrest, which gives one a reason to pursue a 'highscore'.
If the trees are randomly procedually generated, that program could be incredibly small in file size, too.

[–]beastcake 1 point 18 hours ago (3|2)
/r/trees?

[–]kmmontandon 61 points 20 hours ago (78|17)
The question is whey the hell he's cutting down wood while driving a van.

[–]dioxholster 114 points 19 hours ago (143|29)
you have been banned from /r/woodcutters

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming ... ced_me_to_buy_woodcutter/

Added bonus - GAMEPLAY VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... e&v=JJ8NqfzWmB8#t=102
As well as chopping down trees, do you get to skip and jump, press wild flowers, put on women's clothing and hang around in bars?
#8 - EmilO
"Mission log"
I'm gonna make a lets play out of this
Quote from Crashgate3 :As well as chopping down trees, do you get to skip and jump, press wild flowers, put on women's clothing and hang around in bars?

Didn't you see the picture I posted with the review ? Apparently it even gives you hormone treatment to help develop your 'manly' chest.....
At least I assume that, either that or it's modelling a female lumberjack, which is a step up from GTA !
There are no female RPC lumberjacks there ...
GOTY '13 (if there is any GOTY award left)

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG