The online racing simulator
I badly need pacenotes for this track, preferably screamed at me by Derek Ringer or Nicky Grist.
Quote from DeKo :I badly need pacenotes for this track, preferably screamed at me by Derek Ringer or Nicky Grist.

"soon"

Quote from baSh0r :except for its 10 seconds slower.

I meant my previous best which was a 6:02.532
Here's my timid attempt at the track, half of it there is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSg5JxHWiLI

Quote from baSh0r :
?

Maybe cause i've disabled that "lock camera to horizont" and all those G-force headache effects. It just wobles all around, like the camera is floating in the air, and the car moves around it, not connected to the car
Quote from Boris Lozac :Admit it, how many hours a day do you drive

Maybe two if I have the time. I spent a good hour trying to put together that lap, and with nearly the track memorized it makes it a ton easier.
-
(Intrepid) DELETED by Intrepid
Barely completed the lap.. The time is probably not great, i drove it like i fear for my life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7ZKitumgsI

Also that INI trick for penalty doesn't work for me? Now i'm tripping that those INI changes don't work, making that max_delay thing a placebo? :/
Quote from Boris Lozac :Barely completed the lap.. The time is probably not great, i drove it like i fear for my life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7ZKitumgsI

Also that INI trick for penalty doesn't work for me? Now i'm tripping that those INI changes don't work, making that max_delay thing a placebo? :/

He said max tires off iirc…
Max tires? He said "ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=-1" but nothing changed..
Well you were talking about max delay………
Yeah, i meant if this doesn't work (for penalty) that also max delay doesn't work and i actually just imagined that it works..
Not following this thread as closely as I wanted, so bare with me.

But the disabling penalty thing only works in practice mode.
Quote from de Souza :
But the disabling penalty thing only works in practice mode.

Tried both practice and hotlap..

Just saw on AC forum that they do not support these conversions, meaning it probably won't work in the feature. I do support making tracks from scratch for AC, but that means no way we'll get these huge tracks like RBR ones, no one will be that optimistic..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Maybe cause i've disabled that "lock camera to horizont" and all those G-force headache effects. It just wobles all around, like the camera is floating in the air, and the car moves around it, not connected to the car

Well it's meant to simulate your head being moved around due to the forces, not be a camera wobbling on a mount. Visual cues in lieu of actual G-forces, sort of thing.
Your eyes are compensating for that in real life, you don't need that in a sim, it's fake und unnecessary.
ANd yet it adds immensely to the immersion when it's done right.
Quote from de Souza :But the disabling penalty thing only works in practice mode.

There is no penalty in practice mode!
Quote from PeterN :Well it's meant to simulate your head being moved around due to the forces, not be a camera wobbling on a mount. Visual cues in lieu of actual G-forces, sort of thing.

I'm with Boris here, anything other than having the view looked in position is unrealistic in my opinion.

It creates a massive disconnect if onscreen the dashboard etc is moving around under g-forces whilst the steering wheel we're holding and the chair we're sitting in is locked in position.

In a real car there is no such disconnect, everything is locked in position and space within the car. It's also why I believe the motion simulators on the market which move only the seat and leave the screen, steering wheel and pedals in a static position to be equally illogical and disconnecting.
Same here, I always disable any faked cockpit motion immediately.

Next patch on the 17th supposedly has AI enabled, atleast for some challenges, so there's that to look forward to.
So how you're guys reading into this, we should forget about RBR conversions in the future, or they just don't 'officially' support it..

Quote :Ok, enough.
Conversions of original content is not what we would like to see coming in Assetto Corsa.
We hope to see only original content coming to AC from modders.
This one and all other threads about original content conversions on this forum will be locked.

They are never "officially" supported.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG