The online racing simulator
Quote from e2mustang :i dont know how can any1 drive more than 2 minutes on this fkin joux plane with 458. its so bouncy i cant go over 150

e30m3 "drift" with semi-slick tyres is where the fun is on that course.

...because noone else has done it yet,so I'm #1!
Well,the potential to go under 6min is there,still to reach it,did that time with one big mistake+bugy collision physics with trees (instead having car wrapped around the tree like it would be in real life,car was thrown to side and a bit ahead on track,could carry on,but first I had to turn the car as it was facing backwards).
this is the result of that
Attached images
wat.jpg
After getting frustrated way too many times with trying to force the Zonda around fast I did this instead:

Probablly still a good 10 or more seconds in it to someone with a wheel, going to try the newer BMW roadcars now
Attached images
joux plane 6.46 e30 2.png
i have a lil problem.. pc and steam wants me install the game... now what?

Standard setup again.
Quote from ajp71 :Formula Abarth 5:10.492

So I see,that this is the current LFS'ers track record - wouldn't ever think that the fastest would be not that fast formula car!
Quote from e2mustang :i dont know how can any1 drive more than 2 minutes on this fkin joux plane with 458. its so bouncy i cant go over 150

Stock 458 feels very pleasant @ Joux, + with street tires you can do this all day long

I still haven't tried the challenge trofeo aka s3
Attached images
46464oo.jpg
Quote from e2mustang :i have a lil problem.. pc and steam wants me install the game... now what?

I wrote about that (not existing) problem earlier
Quote from kars19 :Stock 458 feels very pleasant @ Joux, + with street tires you can do this all day long

I still haven't tried the challenge trofeo aka s3

ill try that but first i want to master e30 m3

Quote from Boris Lozac :I wrote about that (not existing) problem earlier

i just hit install and it did nothing and im back in business

A lot of errors in this
Attached images
m3 joux.jpg
BMW Z4, 5:19.608 That was a good lap, but with a couple of small mistakes.

Will upload a video tomorrow (or make a new attempt)
Attached images
AC_record_BMWZ4.jpg
So this is the only track we drive now, a non-racing track..
95% Joux
They're all non racing tracks at the moment, Boris
Can't stop hotlapping Joux, it's just so rewarding when you get it right. I did the Lotus Type 49 earlier and was sweating like a pig on steroids after a few tries having a huge smile on my face, it's that good!
That 'arcadeines' on certain tracks is still bugging me :/ If anyone's willing to test the 2-11, maybe those who drove that combo on Silverstone, to try it on Mugello and Vallelunga, and telll me does it feel like you're driving the same game..
Quote from Boris Lozac :That 'arcadeines' on certain tracks is still bugging me :/ If anyone's willing to test the 2-11, maybe those who drove that combo on Silverstone, to try it on Mugello and Vallelunga, and telll me does it feel like you're driving the same game..

Feels exactly the same everywhere i drive it.
Quote from Boris Lozac :That 'arcadeines' on certain tracks is still bugging me :/ If anyone's willing to test the 2-11, maybe those who drove that combo on Silverstone, to try it on Mugello and Vallelunga, and telll me does it feel like you're driving the same game..

Feels the same here. Tracks have different friction levels and seems like they have different "groove buildup" characteristics but I'm not even sure that's implemented yet.

Have a look at the surface.cfg and groove.cfg in each track's data/ directory. The only thing that's consistent with how you separated these 3 tracks is how the groove.cfg is built. Silverstone is different from the other two.

Surface.cfg friction levels don't match what you are describing.
Friction levels seem to be
.91 at Vall
.99 at Mug
.98 .99 at Silverstone (two types of tarmac)

What you feel is it there more and more after you drive the track for a while? You may be onto something according to the groove.cfg files. But you may also just be crazy.
So. Much. Bounce.
Attached images
4.JPG
Damn,I was finally thinking of getting under 6 minutes,some fanatics have cracked the 5 minute mark...
Am I right that you need RBR for this mod to work?
Quote from Intrepid :Am I right that you need RBR for this mod to work?

Nah, you "should" according to Kegetys, but it will work if you don't. Who doesn't have RBR anyway?

Phil, fancy sharing your Formula Abarth setup for Joux?
Quote from Intrepid :Am I right that you need RBR for this mod to work?

No, you don't need RBR, just copy the folders to the tracks folder and that's it.

E: beaten
Quote from DeKo :Phil, fancy sharing your Formula Abarth setup for Joux?

Sadly I haven't started saving setups yet. Basically it is just downforce, dampers and ride height set to max. Maybe too much on the safe side, but the car still bounces all over. Might not want to set dampers to max. I just did it to try.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG