The online racing simulator
Quote from Kristi :It does connect, says that you have to go into Hotlap mode in order to get into the rankings.

You'll find hotlap mode if you click onto challenges on the upper section of the screen where you'll end up when you click on main menu
Quote from R3DMAN :We should pick a combo and the fastest gets to choose the next one and so on..

Like that!

edit: anyone mind if i start, cause i'm currently blasting that combo.
Lotus 2-11 at Silverstone International. I'm currently 6th on RSR with 1:12.708 Default setup.
Quote from ATHome :You'll find hotlap mode if you click onto challenges on the upper section of the screen where you'll end up when you click on main menu

Uh, I'm not the one having problems. I knew that since November. I was just saying how the RSR app reacts to using any other mode than Hotlap.
That's mean
Well, once modding is possible, Tor can get his rallypack.
Quote from PMD9409 :Well, once modding is possible, Tor can get his rallypack.

It remains to be seen how good the non-tarmac physics will be though.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Like that!

edit: anyone mind if i start, cause i'm currently blasting that combo.
Lotus 2-11 at Silverstone International. I'm currently 6th on RSR with 1:12.708 Default setup.

21st - 1:14.600
I could take a second off that but struggling to put a lap together now. Just trying too hard.

Keep shifting from 3rd to 4th instead of 3rd to 2nd in the slow corners

That lap was done without any heel - toe action as I struggle to do everything at once on hotlaps.
:gnasher:
Once modding is available, we can all play NASCAR!!!! Aww, yeah. Can't wait already.

Son: Dad, why customer is always right ??
Dad: Because Nascar already take the left.
I would like some crash derby
So I finally got this thing on my laptop. First shock - extreme low fps,even at lowest settings - ~11fps. Got suspicion that it does not run with Nvidia GPU,but with integrated crap (despite command run with Nvidia or even putting it to it's programs list),there is no info in-game what GPU is used. Then I found setting that Nvidia can be set as default GPU overall (I guess even Firefox is run with that now) - yey,60-70 fps at minimum settings! Turned up few settings to make everything look a bit better,getting stable 40+fps now.
So I tried few cars at few tracks,still the same thing like in that tech preview - car doesn't really feel that attached to ground like LFS does,it feels like floating around. And it tends to lose control at every slightest wrong motion. Even the Abarth 500 (default setup) at full braking - little motion with wheel while braking and the rear overtakes front. Ok,I have never driven that car,but I still remember the moment when I braked with my old Audi from 180 to 0 (just full power on brakes,letting ABS do the work,no downshifting) - it was freaking glued to the ground,pretty similar to FXO in LFS,never got it loose on brakes in any other situations. Maybe it's just getting used to this,as it's deffinitely different physics engine. Will see in time.

But one thing annoys me really - the permanent FFB shaking. In KTM it shakes all the time,even when car just stands on track,tried that filter setting to max - it reduced that shaking,but it's still there. I have DFGT,in general settings FFB strength is set to 100%,everything pretty much default,in game it's a bit reduced. Any ideas?
At 40fps you will probably have input lag. Chances are you'll have input lag at any fps until you do all the stuff that needs trying.

Even a tiny input lag will have you exaggerating steering input because you perceive a smaller reaction in the game than eventually occurs. So don't judge the way it feels floaty or unstable until you're sure that's gone.
You know, the FFB options are there for a reason. A lot more detailed than the settings in Live for Speed.
Well,there was noticable input lag,when I tried to move car at those 11fps,but now at 40fps ingame wheel moves the same as my real one (with tiny latency,but it's exactly the same in LFS). I suspect there could be some FFB lag maybe,don't know,yet to test.

Thanks,Kristi,you're a huge help,didn't know that!
Not that much of use of those extra settings,as you have to load all the time between setup menu and on track mode,as I haven't seen option to configurate anything while on track... Was hoping for help from someone,who experienced similar problems.
Quote from Yuusei :People can say what ever they want to, but when they complain about having to pay for a DLC, it's a bit ignorant and sad. You are getting 10 cars and a track in this DLC. Let's use iRacing for an example, 10 cars and 1 track would be about $140 USD, I can assure the DLC is not going to cost anywhere close to $100 USD, since the game came with 20 cars (Not including stage 1,2, etc), and 11 tracks and was only $40 USD. Complaining about having to pay for a DLC isn't an opinion, that's just called being cheap.

Well not everybody has daddy to pay for all their belongings for them. People have a right to be annoyed at the price of something. That's their right. You don't know how tight someone elses pockets are financially. It's impossible to judge a price of anything as acceptable for somebody else, without knowing the entirety of their finances.

That said. I don't care for Nords so much, but at least it will be AC that have it and not iRacing. That we can all join hands together and cheer for. Besides, I'd rather pay DLC for more in return than iRacings single track, or single car for 15$ or whatever extortion they have it at now.
Quote from Eclipsed :Well,there was noticable input lag,when I tried to move car at those 11fps,but now at 40fps ingame wheel moves the same as my real one (with tiny latency,but it's exactly the same in LFS). I suspect there could be some FFB lag maybe,don't know,yet to test.

Thanks,Kristi,you're a huge help,didn't know that!
Not that much of use of those extra settings,as you have to load all the time between setup menu and on track mode,as I haven't seen option to configurate anything while on track... Was hoping for help from someone,who experienced similar problems.

There is no option (yet) to configure anything on track, as the Menu Client and Game client are two separate things (which eats up tons of CPU... I hope they merge them). If you want to get the same effect as in LFS, just turn the Road and Slip effects to 0% and get Kerbs to around 20%, I think.
Well,I guess,this helped somewhat. But still it feels like the FFB simulates driving over every single stone glued in ground,it rattles quite much...
And curbs are pretty much familiar for LFS users,just hit one right on,here we go,ready to launch...

(Yes,I'm testing with gamma settings,100% felt pale,so I maxed it. Have to admit,it's too much.)
First impressions from me of this game are pretty good, the graphics are very nice even when they are not on full and the physics seem quite promising from what I've seen while driving with mouse. It certainly can be improved, because cars seem to lose control too easily for some reason.

It feels a bit different from LFS because there aren't too much settings for mouse steering (atleast what I know of), but I hope they will add more adjustments for it. Also the steering seems very different on each car, but I've found some cars that I can enjoy with the settings available now and I'm starting to love it. The steering for me almost seems like it's more sensitive near the center on some cars than while applying more lock.
I was wondering when the Mushroom Cup mod pack was released :-)

Make sure you do the dx11.cfg change as outlined earlier in the thread.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :http://www.i2clipart.com/cliparts/b/3/d/3/clipart-mouse-b3d3.png driver (no offense)

Yeah probablly, it's just impossible to make minor adjustments during braking because of the sensitivity issues and that's making me easily lose control when trying to correct while braking

E: also did the dx11 thingy, seems to have improved it a bit

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG