The online racing simulator
What happened to Bose321
(129 posts, closed, started )
Quote from felplacerad :Yes, I'm aware that I'm privileged and perhaps "not one to to speak", if that's your point (because I'm not quite sure).

Thanks for highlighting my point of view though -- That the discussions in Sweden, as well as the one in this thread, are important.

I'm sorry (and a bit suprised) if you took offence..

Completely missed the point I was sarcastic obviously. It's as if someone called me 'whitey', i go cry in the corner and ask for my rights.
I'm positive that, thing that contributed to the racism the most, are the people who take offence to the NAME, or COLOR, of their race.
Quote from Becky Rose :*deep bow* I've been chuckling to myself all night whilst waiting for the ban hammer :P

I believe the appropriate term is:

trololol.

Personally, I thought the original was pretty good, at least you got the right country.

Clearly, from what people are saying, Europe seem's to be having a major issue with extremists of all flavours. I think that we must be fortunate in that while we do have the lunatics most people just ignore them and carry on, pausing only to join together and metaphorically beat them up when they get too annoying.

I think it's important to remember that you don't have to listen to them, but, if you take away their right to speak then that's far more damaging to society, because then where do you draw the line ?

I think that John Stuart Mill's opinions are well worth considering;
Mill argued that truth drives out falsity, therefore the free expression of ideas, true or false, should not be feared. Truth is not stable or fixed, but evolves with time. Mill argued that much of what we once considered true has turned out false. Therefore views should not be prohibited for their apparent falsity. Mill also argued that free discussion is necessary to prevent the "deep slumber of a decided opinion". Discussion would drive the onwards march of truth and by considering false views the basis of true views could be re-affirmed. Furthermore, Mill argued that an opinion only carries intrinsic value to the owner of that opinion, thus silencing the expression of that opinion is an injustice to a basic human right. For Mill, the only instance in which speech can be justifiably suppressed is in order to prevent harm from a clear and direct threat. Neither economic or moral implications, nor the speakers own well-being would justify suppression of speech.
I'm sorry...
But I still trip out when Europeans and Africans describe themselves as "Black" or "white".
That bland of a distinction should only be for Americans. I mean if you really want to identify yourselves that way, then go right ahead. But if you do that, then maybe you can figure something else out for me:
Thanks to an open minded relative, I recently went from circling "W" on official forms to circling "H".
DO y'all eurotypes know what the "H" stands for? You obviously want to be identified with "W" or "B", what about "H"? LOL if you're smart you won't.
"H" stands for Hispanic. No one is really quite sure what that means.
See It's sort of supposed to mean people that came from Spanish Dominated language ethnic groups. Here's the funny part. People from Spain are NOT considered Hispanic and people from Brazil are.And they speak Portuguese!
Go figure.

I dunno Scawen... I think you might be going the wrong way with this.
What ought to be done instead is a spot on the forums called "Race Bait"
Where once a week a random racial or ethnic group is listed and for that week anyone who feels like making negative comments about that group can. They just have to realize that their group will be listed sooner or later too.
See I think the bigger problem isn't from the Racists. We already know those defects have self esteem issues and are jealous of others that are able to be more successful than they are.
No the problem are the thin-skinned whiners that are hyper sensitive.
If they're that way on the forums, how much of a wimp will they be out on the servers? Have you thought about that?
If they lose a race, will they offer up the lame excuse that others blocked them out cause they were a so and so?
Don't get me wrong, If there's a definite hater that goes out of their way to mess with others, then they need to be gotten rid of.
But I also think that the ones that reported Bose for the term "Arabbbbb" (that many b's?) are too wimpy for me to want to race with. You should ban them for being pussies. If they're that damned whiny over a comment like that, what kind of hell would you catch from them if you swap paint with them on a corner?

Hell, you know how many times some Eurotype ragged on me for being..."Merican" ? Nah, I don't either. Geesh I don't go running crying like a little girl to the admins when that happens. LOL Besides, Being a "Merican" I know I'm the superior person.

Don't get me wrong Scawen. I realize that there's a difference between goofy kid making an off color remark to someone that easily gets their panties in a ruffle and a mentally defective type that is basically cyberbullying a poor guy just trying to have a good time.
I just hope y'all do too.
Merry Christmas
You poor U.K.ers have eleven more days of this crap.
I believe in equality.

You all have the same opportunity to demonstrate how much of an **** you are.

The point Scawen raises about being welcoming is more valid than any discussion of right or wrong. By being unwelcoming, you're making the most of your opportunity to be an ****.
Sorry, OT.

Just wondering, has anyone heard anything about Lynce? How is he doing and will he ever return to the LFS community?
Quote from Becky Rose :
By being unwelcoming, you're making the most of your opportunity to be an ****.

Cool, so lets be an A$$hole then on your theory and I am going to be totaling unwelcoming to all wreckers and people that are out to either wreak a race or just cause havoc for the sake of it, in an racing environment....

Yay, According to Becky's theory, I am now a Legit a$$hole

If only it was that easy Beck's

Fordie
Quote from Becky Rose :I believe in equality.

You all have the same opportunity to demonstrate how much of an **** you are.

The point Scawen raises about being welcoming is more valid than any discussion of right or wrong. By being unwelcoming, you're making the most of your opportunity to be an ****.

I LOVE demonstrating how much of an Asshole I can be!
Not so sure how that relates to the LOL politically correct way to deal with racists. Or more like determining what is really racists remarks and what is really just trash talk.
That's really more of my concern about the whole issue.
Even though by and large I think is a non-issue to begin with. because if there was an issue with moderators going overboard with enforcing things,
I don't think I'd be here posting.
But again, You gotta be careful in this area when you determine what's cool and what's not.
If this game and it's community comes off as a bunch of slope headed morons,
flaming, picking on people and whatnot, it'll die out. No one's gonna want to play with a bunch of jerk offs.
But then again, if this game comes off as a title for total pussies (which by their forums, GP Legends came off that way to me), then the servers are going to be more deserted than what they are now.
You know, sometimes I'm happy I don't know anything about running forums and game servers.
Too damned complicated for me.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I see victor has trolled me

Serves you right for posting a 2000 px wide image.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Serves you right for posting a 2000 px wide image.

Do tend to agree, how hard is resizing an image, uploading it to imagur, and reposting it here ?

Those big images are a pain on the ipad, they reduce and censor every other post on the page.

Not censorship, just consideration for others.

Hmmm, isn't that the point this thread is discussing ? Your point was still permitted, simply the way you posted it was modified.
Well it was done from iPhone, so sorry :P
You linked it from an external site. I know for a fact that imgur works on iOS, so you could have re linked it with imgur easily.
Quote from Fordman :Cool, so lets be an A$$hole then on your theory and I am going to be totaling unwelcoming to all wreckers and people that are out to either wreak a race or just cause havoc for the sake of it, in an racing environment....

Yay, According to Becky's theory, I am now a Legit a$$hole

If only it was that easy Beck's

Fordie

Woah!? We where talking about mild racism. When the hell did computer games come into anything that happens around here?

The topic is about being mildly racist to someone when they introduce themselves, or what passes for an introduction on a forum. I was commenting only on the events and Scawens comments, not on "the problem with racism in the world today". Which frankly, as equal rights campaigns go, is still a huge issue in Western society but it is not the greatest injustice in our society.

Quote from Racer Y :it'll die out. No one's gonna want to play with a bunch of jerk offs.

Have you not seen the success of the Battlefield game?
Quote :But then again, if this game comes off as a title for total pussies (which by their forums, GP Legends came off that way to me), then the servers are going to be more deserted than what they are now.

Is this an argument that game forums needs to maintain a level of machismo or men - incapable of forming judgements without observing the testosterone limits in others - will wander off believing the game to be crap?

You know on Christmas day one of the things I gave to my brother was the Senna documentary: He jokingly said he was going to watch it now which would annoy my mother and sister - and my niece actually wanted him to put it on. This is a girl who is 22, a pole dancer and model, about the girliest girl you have ever met - and she likes motor sport... Because it's a family sport, because it doesn't have a testosterone fuelled environment surrounding it. Because this sport of ours is clean family fun and even allows women to compete in the same races as men.

I'm not saying that if there isn't testosterone then women will play instead - I am saying that it isn't needed in motorsport, never has been. Men who like "men's men" play battlefield and call each other gay all day.

Quote from Racer X NZ :Do tend to agree, how hard is resizing an image, uploading it to imagur, and reposting it here ?

How hard is it to add a single line of CSS to stop the forum from breaking when large images are posted?

All that is needed is something like
#posts .page img{ max-width: 100% }

Any forum that doesn't consider width of user uploaded content must in my view be... wait, NONE of the forum software does? *bangs head against wall* Why is the world so broken! WHY?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Y View Post
it'll die out. No one's gonna want to play with a bunch of jerk offs.
Have you not seen the success of the Battlefield game?
Quote:
But then again, if this game comes off as a title for total pussies (which by their forums, GP Legends came off that way to me), then the servers are going to be more deserted than what they are now.
Is this an argument that game forums needs to maintain a level of machismo or men - incapable of forming judgements without observing the testosterone limits in others - will wander off believing the game to be crap?

I guess you're right. I totally forgot about the stupidity levels in FPS games...
But if it was all unicorns and lollipops, would they still play them?

And yes, I think the forums SHOULD have a certain level of..."machismo"...
ROFL - He plays video games. He's such a stud.....
Seriously... maybe not "machismo and testosterone fueled aggression, but
LFS IS a Sports game....so..... there should be some sort of allowances. Don't you think?
But again, I really don't have a clue as to where to put that boundary.

Dang it Ms. Rose! you're making me late for work!
I'm doing a job for the Illuminati. No. I'm not making that up. I always thought they were some made up bunch by conspiracy nuts. No they're real.
Could you at least write in a proper format instead of starting new lines in random places? Thanks. Could you also learn how to use [.quote][./quote]? Thanks.
Quote from Racer Y :LFS IS a Sports game....so..... there should be some sort of allowances. Don't you think?

One up manship, a bit of mocking, some light hearted horseplay - it's all fine amongst friends.

But I think Scawen is right when he says the line is short of someone asking a question about Arab drift and a reply being given saying "Arabbbbbbbbbb". That is not only unnecessary and pointless - it is unwelcoming. As a response in a conversation it does not qualify as sporting discussion. It isn't discussion at all - it is simply name calling. It simply isn't reasonable nor justified.

It's entirely justified to call a close personal friend a "stinking arab", it is even acceptable to use the N-word (which I have written thusly on the assumption that it wont get through the swear filter). What isn't acceptable is to use these terms in a derogatory fashion.

When someone you don't know asks a question and you respond with one of these terms, then we have a problem right there.

It's about intent and implied meaning.

As for the discussion on machismo on forums. Sure, knock yourself out but don't make people feel unwelcome with it.

I'm quite fond of my superiority complex myself and I'm often very quick to point out flaws in others when I can find a humorous angle to mock people with. There's no malice or ignorance involved, I'm just an ****.
Attached images
999.jpg
Quote from McEscher :pls

U dont have anything better to do

I never have anything better to do.
I thought about doing a cartoon of Cheerio underneath an ****.

*shrug*

I couldn't be bothered.
Quote from Becky Rose :That's the problem with people from , they're all the same.

Racist. No one likes you welsh people anyways. You all have yellow teeth, smell like the moth balls you store your fur coats with, and you still haven't discovered the use of a razer or soap in a shower.

Yours truly,
An American
^True...
This thread is closed

What happened to Bose321
(129 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG