The online racing simulator
Thanks, no big deal I guess, but it should really ask you if you want your connected account name to be displayed, rather than just display it by default.

For me getting rid of the input lag was a game changer. Suddenly you feel connected, and even though I still don't think the FFB is the best around the straight-ahead, I do now feel confident enough to attack in the knowledge that I can catch the little inevitable slides. Cars like the F40 and e30 which react much more slowly become a real joy. F40 on the street 90s around Mugello is amazing, and I'm trying to get in to the 1:58s at Imola with it but keep bottling it in the last section I've no idea even what the pace is and I don't care tbh, I am really enjoying just driving the cars at the moment.

I don't care for the "showroom" nonsense, and really the input lag thing is more serious imo than they seem to think, but on the whole AC is right up my street (so far). I just really really hope they go for simplicity and efficiency with the multiplayer.
Quote from sinbad :and I'm trying to get in to the 1:58s at Imola with it but keep bottling it in the last section .

What tires? Hardly Street 90's?
if my render frames ahead is already = 0 should i leave it? or should i turn it to = 1
Quote from Boris Lozac :What tires? Hardly Street 90's?

Yes street 90s. Running ten litres of fuel and standard settings otherwise. Obviously no cutting either. 59.6 is my best but with a ridiculous last two corners.
Quote from r3dman :if my render frames ahead is already = 0 should i leave it? Or should i turn it to = 1

@ sinbad

Cmon Watching RSR leaderboards, all the guys below 2:00 are on semislicsks, maybe if i shit bricks i can go 2.00.00.
Then I have a serious bug with my game. :-)

I can do low 2:00.0s all day long with the street nineties.
RSR confirmation or it didn't happen
Quote from Boris Lozac :RSR confirmation or it didn't happen

I have a replay of the 59.6 or whatever it was.
I'll try with the RSR thing, haven't bothered installing it yet.
There you go, I guess. 52nd place at the moment.
Alright then Guess i suck
Got a G27 for christmas. Downloaded that RSR lap time thingy. Thought I would see how I am doing. Disappointed to see I am 4 seconds off the pace!

599xx at silverstone first time driving this car/track combo and I only did a couple of laps but there is no way I could find 4 seconds. I think at best I could get into the low 59s.

http://www.radiators-champ.com ... river_profile&id=2536

Did you have a wheel prior? The 599 car may seem easily controllable but its very hard to get a top time from without lots of practice or crazy raw talent. I'd say the top times also have setup changes done. I think I did a low 57 there after about 10 laps without any setup changes. I can promise you theres plenty of time left, as I'm no alien.
Quote from PMD9409 :Did you have a wheel prior? The 599 car may seem easily controllable but its very hard to get a top time from without lots of practice or crazy raw talent. I'd say the top times also have setup changes done. I think I did a low 57 there after about 10 laps without any setup changes. I can promise you theres plenty of time left, as I'm no alien.

I have not had a wheel for a couple of years. Good to know you can get down to 57 without setup changes
Quote from sil3ntwar :Got a G27 for christmas. Downloaded that RSR lap time thingy. Thought I would see how I am doing. Disappointed to see I am 4 seconds off the pace!

599xx at silverstone first time driving this car/track combo and I only did a couple of laps but there is no way I could find 4 seconds. I think at best I could get into the low 59s.

http://www.radiators-champ.com ... river_profile&id=2536

just keep at it..
Quote from PMD9409 : I can promise you theres plenty of time left, as I'm no alien.

You're a non-Alien in green skin then?
Quote from Boris Lozac :1

@ sinbad

Cmon Watching RSR leaderboards, all the guys below 2:00 are on semislicsks, maybe if i shit bricks i can go 2.00.00.

Cheers, i Get about 160fps with most things maxed but no hdr and i didnt think id notice the difference.. But you can.
So I re-installed Windows 7 and now it works fine straight away with no issues. Really having a blast so far. The F40 truly is a bitch, so many times I've ended up coming out of a corner like a snail because I'm way off the turbo kicking in. Great fun to try to master though!
We should pick a combo and the fastest gets to choose the next one and so on..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Alright then Guess i suck

Keep trying now you have the lag gone. I don't pretend to be pro with it, there's lot of time in it still. I wouldn't be that surprised if someone did a 57 on those tyres, but I don't like imola for hot lapping really since it's still too lenient on cutting imo. Hotlap mode should add some tyres or cones at the chicane, and at aqua minerale too.

The fun of the f40 on those tyres is in those micro power slides that you have to do to keep the turbo spooled. It's a bit like xrt in that way. Mash the throttle at the apex of the hairpin and hang on to it through the exit

Edit: Redman, that sounds good, maybe with just a couple of days per combo to keep it interesting.
seems i cant get the RSR timing app to connect
Quote from fwanky :seems i cant get the RSR timing app to connect

My firewall asked at least 3 times to allow it access so it could be that, make sure you're in Hotlap mode too, I don't think it connects in any other.
Quote from sinbad :My firewall asked at least 3 times to allow it access so it could be that, make sure you're in Hotlap mode too, I don't think it connects in any other.

It does connect, says that you have to go into Hotlap mode in order to get into the rankings.
Quote from Kristi :It does connect, says that you have to go into Hotlap mode in order to get into the rankings.

then go in hotlap mode..

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG