The online racing simulator
i dont care about nord,but i meant community made cars if it will be possible. i mean i saw on forum modding section but i didnt look into them,and ofc ppl wont do laserscanned tracks but tbh i dont feel any difference between a laserscanned and not scanned track in this game and lets say simbim games
Quote from The Moose :Why would anyone use a mod when they can buy a laser scanned Nords?

The problem is, given the open data format, you can dump the official content easily and repackage it, then distribute your version at no charge. The master server must check your purchase state and reply on some kind of unique identification to partly alleviate this issue.
Quote from e2mustang :i dont care about nord,but i meant community made cars if it will be possible. i mean i saw on forum modding section but i didnt look into them,and ofc ppl wont do laserscanned tracks but tbh i dont feel any difference between a laserscanned and not scanned track in this game and lets say simbim games

Community made cars would still lack real data, while devs get them via the licensing deal.
Quote from e2mustang :ofc ppl wont do laserscanned tracks

People do. There are a few for rF already.

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Community made cars would still lack real data, while devs get them via the licensing deal.

Speaking of cars, the mod makers might have access to certain data via many channels (race engineer, tuning shop, manufacturer insider, etc). Some small brands can even make mods for their own cars as a form of advertising. Their honesty can be questionable though.
Fairly simple for me, I will not spend an other cent on AC before I have seen a reasonable netcode...not ready to spend any more on an hotlap sim!

That said a lazer scanned Nurburing-Nordschleife will be a great addition!
You are all so full of shit when it comes to AC.
I have been playing with the recent updates and I can't see many things to get so excited about.
It may turn out to be something great but you all act like that has already happened.
Total spent on AC now is $0. I hate to say.
Go drive in the cruise server then, lol "not many things to get excited about"
Quote from CheerioDM :You are all so full of shit when it comes to AC.
I have been playing with the recent updates and I can't see many things to get so excited about.
It may turn out to be something great but you all act like that has already happened.
Total spent on AC now is $0. I hate to say.

..and a merry Christmas trolling to you too.
Bit of a poor announcement, obviously getting a laser scanned Nordy is excellent news, but all the hyping was ridiculous. "Merry Christmas, here's a present next September, just give us some money and you can get it ".
Just a repeat of Rfactor 2 which turned out OK, but you guys abandoned too soon.. I mean it was worth the money spent. But AC is just too early for you to turn this into an AC forum.
I appreciate those of you having at least something negative to say about it.
I don't mean to sound so hateful, but I am in a mood.
Quote from CheerioDM :Just a repeat of Rfactor 2 which turned out OK, but you guys abandoned too soon.. I mean it was worth the money spent. But AC is just too early for you to turn this into an AC forum.
I appreciate those of you having at least something negative to say about it.
I don't mean to sound so hateful, but I am in a mood.

dont RF2 charge a subscription?
Quote from CheerioDM :Just a repeat of Rfactor 2 which turned out OK, but you guys abandoned too soon..

No Rf2 is poorly designed... Doesn't make it.
Devs announce worlds first laser scanned Nordschleife, receive two pages of moaning. I expected nothing less from LFS Forum.

Personally, I'm gonna drive the shit out of that track when the time comes. To think someone actually thought it was going to be free...
Quote from R3DMAN :2'01.526

Oh you bastard.

What's the verdict on those advanced settings? The most realistic, not canned.. Currently i have gain at 55% and everything else turned off, same thing with logitech profiler, is that the way to go?

Also, drove some Fiat 500 and Lotus 2-11, felt like an arcade game, or as if i turned all the assists on, maybe cause i drove the F40 last two days, i don't know.. but they didn't gave me any wow feeling.
Quote from Matrixi :To think someone actually thought it was going to be free...

It's not about expecting it for free in my opinion. It's having DLC before the game is even completed and the ridiculous hype that went with it. Whether AI and MP will be out before remains to be seen.
Quote from Matrixi :Devs accounce worlds first laser scanned Nordschleife, receive two pages of moaning. I expected nothing less from LFS Forum.

Personally, I'm gonna drive the shit out of that track when the time comes. To think someone actually thought it was going to be free...

+1

People want everything for free. :rolleyes:

I can't even understand what's rF2 doing here. It feels and looks crap.
Quote from Matrixi :To think someone actually thought it was going to be free...

I recall somewhere seeing a price of 25 000€ for an official license... Pretty costly for indiedev, they need to recoup the costs somehow.
Quote from R3DMAN :dont RF2 charge a subscription?

I was one of the first people here to buy RF2.
The chances of MP having been designed properly to be accessible and flexible from the ground up, and I don't mean just network code.. Can hardly wait to see it.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Also, drove some Fiat 500 and Lotus 2-11, felt like an arcade game, or as if i turned all the assists on, maybe cause i drove the F40 last two days, i don't know.. but they didn't gave me any wow feeling.

You want wow from Fiat 500 and Lotus 2-11?
Quote from Krane :I recall somewhere seeing a price of 25 000€ for an official license... Pretty costly for indiedev, they need to recoup the costs somehow.

Yeah, that sounds about right, I think I remember a thread where people planned self-licensing the ring for LFS. And that's just the cost of the track license, laser scanning such a huge track is going to cost a metric f*ckload of money too.

Whatever this ring DLC pack is going to cost, it's going to be a bargain in comparison.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG