The online racing simulator
G25 motor replacement
(6 posts, started )
#1 - OpE
G25 motor replacement
Hello racers.
Ive been using my g25 for like 3-4 years now and some time ago my g25
was smoking and it got weaker, that means one of the dc motors died.
I looked at some older posts and i figured the motors inside the g25 are johnsonmotors HC685LG-011 but I couldnt find any of them online for purchase.
I was hoping someone can find me a motor which is similar and will work with the g25?
I hope this forum is alive enough to give me an answer
thanks in advance
any 540 hobby motor will do they are 10 a penny on ebay

tamiya & kyosho 1/10 electric cars have them as stock
Quote from anttt69 :any 540 hobby motor will do they are 10 a penny on ebay

Are you sure about that?
Is the shaft the same size...will it handle the voltage...can you mount the sensor on the back of it...etc.
Quote from anttt69 :any 540 hobby motor will do they are 10 a penny on ebay

I don't think that's true, when I thought my motors burnt out (was the mosfets + build up on the motors dropping their resistance) I tried a 540 Tamiya 'Tin Can' and the force was on/off and juddery.. the G25 motor's are Johnsons and are slightly longer iirc.

I think you should check out this guide, I think it's your mosfets not the motors

http://jumpingspider.co.uk/logitech-g25-repair-method

http://desktop.plus.com/jumpin ... loads/2013/06/english.pdf
#5 - OpE
You sure its not the motors?
Its not like my wheel is not working. its just weaker
And when it gets heavy with the ffb it smells a bit.
Quote from OpE :You sure its not the motors?
Its not like my wheel is not working. its just weaker
And when it gets heavy with the ffb it smells a bit.

I think in your case it is the motors at fault....the slots in the commutator are clogged up and/or the bushings need cleaning....if you keep using it like that it will blow the mosfets and then the shifter lights will display an error.
You can clean the motors by taking them apart (getting the back off is the worst part) or you could try blasting a spray into the openings directly at the commutator/brushes and around the bushings.

I too had a bit of smoke out of my G25 along time ago and in the end the mosfets blew, I took the motors apart and cleaned them, fixed the circuit board and all was new again. The next time I smelt that smell and felt a resistance change (in the wheel), I knew to clean out those motors again....and then again.......but now I am at the stage where the commutators and brushes are too worn...and the pinions are worn to the point the gears no longer mesh properly. Oh for some new motors and pinions it would live again but it served me well and was used for nearing half a million miles.

G25 motor replacement
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG