The online racing simulator
Laptop not using discrete GPU
(8 posts, started )
#1 - RadEd
I have a recent Dell Pavillion that has both integrated Intel 4000 gpu and a discreet Radeon GPU. CPU is Intel i5.

The system uses (I believe) custom AMD drivers that can switch between the Intel graphics and Radeon when needed.

Every 3D game/benchmark tool seems to be using the Radeon GPU as they should with the exception of LFS.

I am using GPU-Z utility to monitor load and temps of both GPUs and it shows that LFS is only using the Intel.

In the LFS options only the Intel is listed in the graphics option. I have tried editing card_cfg.txt but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Could the reason be that LFS is DX8 or is it simply not coded to cope with these dynamic GPU switching systems?

Any help would be really appreciated!

If you need any dxdiag logs or similar let me know.
Is there an option to force the Radeon to be used on LFS via Catalyst? I'm not familiar with the program, so bear with me. I know NVidia has the option to force the discreet GPU, I'm sure AMD should too.
I have an option "run with graphics processor" in right click menu,where is also option "change default grafics processor". Have Asus with nVidia GPU though...
Hammer?
Quote from TV[cz] :I suppose this trick didn't work either, right?

Doesn't work for me as it's no button,but just text. Not sure,but wasn't the button added just with new test patches? Never tried them as I have no 3D stuff.
#8 - RadEd
Quote from MandulAA :Right Zipppy. You could try opening the Catalyst, search for the Switchable Graphics menu, add LFS to that list, and make sure the high performance graphics are selected. Don't forget to apply it the new settings.

Picture (if it helps): http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfr ... c/images/79/c02911242.jpg

I already have LFS set to High Performance in the switchable graphics settings in Catalyst the same as I have with the other correctly functioning games but it doesn't make a difference

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG