The online racing simulator
fail
Big time fail. Would be one thing if the Cup race was Saturday night, could see a lot of drivers go check out the other series' race since they'd be so close by which would be cool. But going head to head like that on a Sunday, doesn't make much sense to me.
Quote from UncleBenny :Big time fail.

Agreed.

Good news for NASCAR on NBC Rick Allan will be the lead commentator along with Jeff Burton starting in 2015

Always liked Rick Allan
Swan racing expands to two teams for Whitt and Kligerman. Burton partime for MWR in the #66 machine.
Dillon in the 3 as expected next year.

Also, NASCAR conducted 5 races at Charlotte today in (assuming) 5 different configuations. Here's PDF of thye results from each of those races just for the heck of it. No word on what each configuation is, but I'd like to see #2 not knowing anything or having seen the racing

Race 1: http://www.jayski.com/stats/20 ... ig-race1-results-2013.pdf
Race 2: http://www.jayski.com/stats/20 ... ig-race2-results-2013.pdf
Race 3: http://www.jayski.com/stats/20 ... ig-race3-results-2013.pdf
Race 4: http://www.jayski.com/stats/20 ... ig-race4-results-2013.pdf
Race 5: http://www.jayski.com/stats/20 ... ig-race5-results-2013.pdf

Edit: In no particular order, here are the variables changed in no particular order from the AP.

Quote :—Splitters with a square leading edge.

—Skirts at four-inch minimum ground clearance on both sides of car.

—Rear fascia trimmed 1.375 inches higher in current scallop region.

—9-inch rear spoiler with 1-by-14-inch-wide end tabs.

—8.375-inch rear spoiler with 1-by-14-inch end tabs.

—1.5-inch high by 37.5-inch wide roof strip.

—43-inch wide by 13-inch long radiator pan.

—Intake manifold to throttle body plate that yields engine power of 750 horsepower

The big spoiler and the wicker would probably work a treat for the racing. Bit of a fudge though.
Another photo of the spoiler.

Love the wicker, but the spoiler is killing me.
Quote from PMD9409 :Love the wicker, but the spoiler is killing me.

will look better when its 100% solid probably. Wicker looks stupid though, but probably won't be noticeable unless you get a close up shot.
I'm not talking about the looks.
Quote from Mustangman759 :will look better when its 100% solid probably. Wicker looks stupid though, but probably won't be noticeable unless you get a close up shot.

The spoiler probably wont be 100% solid, as the drivers right behind wont be able to see through the window.
Quote from Gougoodthing :The spoiler probably wont be 100% solid, as the drivers right behind wont be able to see through the window.

I doubt that spoiler would be transparent actually, and I'm with PMD :|. We'll see what package they chose. Hopefully race #2 on those PDFs
Been thinking about Austin in the #3

He's ready for Cup. Not disputing that or RCR's choice in picking him for the car..

I don't think he'll live up to the stupidly high expectations some fans will have and they will throw him under the bus for not being on pole every time and not winning and not moving people out of the way or doing whatever it that they saw Dale do all the time.

Thing is..He's not Dale Sr 2.0

He's Austin Dillon, he's got a proven track record in Trucks/Nwide, yet there's going to be people complaining he's not Dale Sr at all.

So? He's not, and hasn't ever been the second coming of Dale. NASCAR's changed so much in the past 20-25 years that even guys like Jeff have changed (though yes, age plays into it)
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Been thinking about Austin in the #3

He's ready for Cup. Not disputing that or RCR's choice in picking him for the car..

I don't think he'll live up to the stupidly high expectations some fans will have and they will throw him under the bus for not being on pole every time and not winning and not moving people out of the way or doing whatever it that they saw Dale do all the time.

Thing is..He's not Dale Sr 2.0

He's Austin Dillon, he's got a proven track record in Trucks/Nwide, yet there's going to be people complaining he's not Dale Sr at all.

So? He's not, and hasn't ever been the second coming of Dale. NASCAR's changed so much in the past 20-25 years that even guys like Jeff have changed (though yes, age plays into it)

Indeed. Aric Almirola is definitely no Richard Petty. Where are all the complainers about that? Oh, it's because Richard isn't dead.
Sad but true I'm afraid. I didn't hear anyone bitching about John Andretti or how the #43 ought to be retired after Atlanta 1992 and fans launching into Rick Wilson after he was picked. Remind me, when did they whine and bitch again? (Okay admittedly he was over matched but just about anyone would be in that ride in 1993)

Or let's say Jeff had been killed instead of Dale in 2001, would the reaction have been different?

The #3 was made famous by Junior Johnson LONG before RCR and Earnhardt....yet Austin's going to be held to impossibly high standards by some 'fans' who won't be happy regardless of what he does simply because they associate a number with one of the greatest NASCAR drivers ever and refuse to let it go.

In 1964, Joe Weatherly died driving the #8 at Riverside. Bud Moore didn't run that number for a while. Next year, it was split between two teams. It wasn't 'retired' (which is frankly a stupid concept for a number), it was run as usual on the tracks.
I hope NASCAR never retires a number, I don't care who/what does something great in it. Its just not how the sport works and it doesn't have to try and pretend its like other stick and ball sports by retiring numbers.
Well you know why MLB retired #42.

I'd like to see that retired across all NA pro sports to recognize his achievement but you know it'll never happen (On that note Mariano Rivera was the sole player allowed to be wearing #42 usually until his retirement this year)

NASCAR should absolutely not retire 3, 43 or any other number however for one very, VERY simple reason...

They'll run out of numbers
True, look at the 'International' Motorsport Hall of Fame. Filled with Nascar guys that you've never heard of. It'd be the same with retiring numbers.
And the 2014 Rules package is out. No more ride height, a square leading edge on the splitter (not exactly sure what this is), 8 inch spoiler with the top 2 inches clear for visibility reasons, and ajustments to the sides of the cars in height and shape I beleive.

Overall effect = MORE downforce

In any event, NASCAR is going to restrict RPM to keep speeds at their former levels. I always question NASCAR.
Square leading edge means the splitter won't have a "knife-edge" anymore. Instead it would be squared off, which makes me think it will have to work more to cut through the air, therefore helping slow the car down plus give them the downforce they're looking for.

As far as limiting RPMs, I agree with what a lot of people were saying about 2013. They were going way too fast, NASCAR has never been known to do speeds in excess of 200 on a regular basis. Slowing the cars down will let them have more control of the car, and be able to maneuver a lot more. Hopefully resulting in more side-by-side racing and passing.

And more pileups... Seriously, the "crash factor" was non-existent for me this year. It took a lot of fun out of the plate races. Among other places where we usually see some decent wrecks.
I like oval racing it is pretty darned intense, too intense perhaps for me and tricky to be consistent in.

New iRacing track is a darned fast track, I can't remember the name of it but I got it tonight and tried out SK modified on it. Milwake set with lowest rear end.

anyway just popped in so bye

edit auto club speedway is the track

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG