The online racing simulator
GT World Series 2014: Round 2 Race Discussion

Round 2 of the 2014 GT World Series, the 6 Hours of Blackwood Grand Prix Reversed

Race Date: 23 November 2013, 18:00 UTC
Official Circuit Diagram

Please use the indicated sectors of track when you are filing protests, or other reports to officials. The administration will use those sector names to indicate incident conditions.

Discuss!
splits are backwards
I am seeing a trend here...
:doh: Fixed!
Quote from MVelikov :Session of Incident : Race
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident (or session time or UTC Time of Day): End of Lap 248, start of Lap 249 for car number 53 (5h:13m:24s)
Car(s) involved: 07, 53
Location of Incident: S/F Line
Brief Description of Incident: #53 moved out from the racing line and #07 pushed #53 into the back

It was unlucky accident, here is our driver's replay:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3b3cag

That's what I mean... He didn't see anything so he could do nothing.
Apologies to the #07 for that debacle into the chicane, I paid the price for it though you should check the replay and you'll see it was just a misjudgement of my front right corner, I wasn't intending to pass you, I just had the 04 on my right side and had an overlap advantage on him and I was trying to get in-line behind you without sacrificing any track position.

But apologies non-the-less.
I really enjoyed my first stint. Was such a fun and a nice race..Everyone around was racing really fair and didn't bother with divebombing on every single corner. Much respect to GT1 drivers who didn't also divebomb in some certain situations..

I was unfortunate to lose my net connection (basically, my modem died) as my mates were doing their stints. I couldn't really fix it yesterday and I didn't have the opportunity to drive the last hour..

Congratulations to everyone out there who finished!
Was a very enjoyable race until the last stint for me, managed to keep the lead in the first stint but our strategy didn't really go as planned and that's where it started to go wrong a bit. Otherwise, everyone was being very sensible, especially the GT1's when lapping.

Congratulations to Vires and Dynamix!
Congratulations to everybody. As more often said already now, a very fair bunch of drivers together! And the GT2 cars were very good in looking what's the best option for a safe pass... great!

Great event, very well organised! Unfortunately i know now how our set could have been inproved much.... but ahh well not that experienced with the XRR..

Thanks for all!

Greets
Danny
Great racing there, Danny.
Matt, what a f****** idiot you are. You were going on 2 (right) wheels in the middle of the road with no danger of hitting the wall and you still turned left? Where is the logic in that?!

Anyway, the race was great and it was really fun to watch the stream. Too bad I didn't get to race .
He just wasnt
Another our stupid distraction cost us a DT, and during the last two hours we had engine problems, it wasn't easy. Congratulations to everybody, it was a good race, our strategy was very different, it seemed that we were doing another race, but gave a good result. See you next race
Grats to Dynx for the great pace they had. Grats to top 3 in both classes. Sadly my connection went to shit for 10s and that costed us p2 and lead in the champ. But more races to come, so see you there.
And btw, Mante learn to race man. 1st, when you half spun you retake positon under SC. And on the restart, that's NOT how you should let a lapping car.
Quote from MousemanLV :Great racing there, Danny.

Thanks! You too.. 5th is very nice.

We had problems with understeer and the front end of the car.. I made the setup totally myself with LRA and VHPA... which proves once again that theoretically perfect sets don't have to suit a driver's preferences.

In qualy we would have been 4th if we had used the right license plate.. my bad! Anyway we had the speed but it was all a gamble what the race pace was going to be.

IN the end we had basically two sets to choose from, one which was faster, more tricky and less easy on its tyres... and the one we drove now. The one we drove was wayy to conservative! Kept its tyres completely intact no matter how hard i pushed...

Also my teammate didn't have time to drive much longer.. so to met the requirements i followed the tracker quite precisely to make sure he would do at least 25% of the race. It meant though that we ran out of sequence and that i had to do an extra pitsstop.. 6 instead of 5. Was good though i came back on track with Conquest having a 30 sec or so lead over us.. so the target was set.. we saw we had the better pace and i needed to end up in front of them we managed to do so.. but i never knew i could get as dizzy as being drunk in the end of driving for so long and pushing constantly :P

Should have gone for the faster set probably.. but ah.. a good lesson this was The first set i built for the XRR so came to know a lot about the car.

Your teammates in GT1 had quite some pace there.. congrats!
Didn't really have any idea I would drive this race until Thursday when it seemed pretty obvious nobody was going to actually drive with Jesse for some reason(**** knows why noone would want to) and he had practiced all week and had seemed extra motivated to show what he could do, so I agreed I would drive and start to practice after my Pro race on Saturday.

Jesse did all the hard work for me, all I had to do was drive around and not be too slow or crash. Thanks anyway, if it was the last race I do in LFS then atleast I got to finish P1

5/5 bretty gud, everything went better than expected. Traction_Control.exe
#19 - CSF
Quote from IsaacPrice :Didn't really have any idea I would drive this race until Thursday when it seemed pretty obvious nobody was going to actually drive with Jesse for some reason(**** knows why noone would want to) and he had practiced all week and had seemed extra motivated to show what he could do, so I agreed I would drive and start to practice after my Pro race on Saturday.

Jesse did all the hard work for me, all I had to do was drive around and not be too slow or crash. Thanks anyway, if it was the last race I do in LFS then atleast I got to finish P1

5/5 bretty gud, everything went better than expected. Traction_Control.exe

Last race until the next one.
#20 - IMOL
Quote from IsaacPrice :Thanks anyway, if it was the last race I do in LFS then atleast I got to finish P1

Somehow i dont quite belive it though...
what textures are those?
#24 - IMOL
Quote from IMOL :The Perfect Lap.

yea I thought he was going to nose the wall it was so damn close

GT World Series 2014: Round 2 Race Discussion
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG