The online racing simulator
Quote from Kristi :I didn't drive 458 much in other tracks. I did some Silverstone and I was into 1.11s in a few laps, I think.

Yup, same here. Which is why i cant work out why I'm several seconds away from your time at Imola.

I don't mind not being the fastest. I dont mind being 1.5 seconds away from the top times. When it's three seconds I'm not a happy bunny
Btw, I just tried that setup posted in that topic and damn.... I seriously went from 32.5 to 31.3 in 3 laps... like literally.
Quote from The Moose :http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... th.1762/page-8#post-28304

Is that 6/6 on wings? I tried it yesterday and recall it being more like 16/11. But I might be remembering wrong. But yes, it's a good setup so far. I'm sure more exploits will be found at some point, but at the moment setups are fairly realistic, which is always better. I reckon with practice I could do a 31.0 with it as it stands.
It's 16/11 indeed. I think 1.30s are easily possible with a bit more of practice.
Quote from Kristi :It's 16/11 indeed. I think 1.30s are easily possible with a bit more of practice.

Oh, my bad.. I'll dig out the 6/6 setup. That's done low 31's as well.
Quote from The Moose :Yup, same here. Which is why i cant work out why I'm several seconds away from your time at Imola.

I don't mind not being the fastest. I dont mind being 1.5 seconds away from the top times. When it's three seconds I'm not a happy bunny

Well whats your Imola time then?

To suggest Kristi of doing a cheat lap is a bit... unsavoury lets say.
Quote from Kristi :It's 16/11 indeed. I think 1.30s are easily possible with a bit more of practice.

My brain still works. I was going to check when I got home (incidentally, I was expecting crazy high speed oversteer with 16/11, as I was using ~16/14 before... but it doesn't, it's quite stable. Me no understand.)

Quote from The Moose :Oh, my bad.. I'll dig out the 6/6 setup. That's done low 31's as well.

Lots of ways to skin a cat (none popular with said cat), so driving style will have a lot to say about which setups are good and which aren't.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well whats your Imola time then?

To suggest Kristi of doing a cheat lap is a bit... unsavoury lets say.

Quote from tristancliffe :My brain still works. I was going to check when I got home (incidentally, I was expecting crazy high speed oversteer with 16/11, as I was using ~16/14 before... but it doesn't, it's quite stable. Me no understand.)

Right! I found the problem I hadn't extracted the set from the rar.
It still showed up in the setup list and i loaded it... 6/6 ..it was clearly just loading the default set. User error! Brain fart! No wonder i was miles off the pace with it.

Nothing to see here. Move along....
Quote from The Moose :53.2

That's with ABS I guess aswell. I got 1.54.8 without abs. Couldn't go any faster
Quote from BlueFlame :That's with ABS I guess aswell. I got 1.54.8 without abs. Couldn't go any faster

Yup, I'm happy to use ABS on cars that have it in reality.

I have a real problem with the sensitivity of the brakes in the 458 without ABS. I hardly touch them and I'm locked up. A brake pressure setting in the setup would be rather useful. I've seen a lot of posts about the sensitivity of the brakes without ABS, so i guess its an issue.
53.2 on standard set?
Quote from Intrepid :53.2 on standard set?

Setup below

.......and i got bloody lucky in the last chicane, went in far too fast jumped the curb at a very weird angle and completely got away with it, gaining half a second on my previous best in that corner alone. It was perfectly legal, but i doubt i could repeat it if i tried a thousand times. 53.7s are far more representative of my real pace at the moment, which is why i find Kristi's lap even more baffling.
Attached files
Imola v1.3 exp.rar - 216 B - 229 views
I've tried to hotlap few combos. Monza/L49 got 1:29.9, Tatuus/Vallelunga 1:31.9 and F458/Imola 1:54.5. 458 is hard, there are still lots of mistakes in my lap and also I drive almost default set. But yea, very good game so far
I just spent more than an hour on this crap, failed a 40k combo twice and then ran out of fuel at this point:
http://prntscr.com/27ipfd

Seriously... You have to drift nearly flawlessly to get that level 100 before running out of fuel. When I have too much spare time I'll try once more.

About Imola: try going 2 wheels onto the first curb of the chicane then let the car out to the wall on the right completely. I know that's not really legal, but that's how that lap was done.
Quote from CardsetCrazy :I've tried to hotlap few combos. Monza/L49 got 1:29.9, Tatuus/Vallelunga 1:31.9 and F458/Imola 1:54.5. 458 is hard, there are still lots of mistakes in my lap and also I drive almost default set. But yea, very good game so far

Have a 29.1 and 28.5 optimal so you still got some work to do at Monza there!
Quote from CardsetCrazy :...Monza/L49 1:29.9...

Man I'm like 1.5 seconds off of you there: 1:31.5 IIRC . I looked up the pole time for reference and it made me sad. I haven't had one good, solid lap in, though. I also can't seem to get through Ascari cleanly most of the time, I usually push way wide there. Default setup.
Quote from MAGGOT :Man I'm like 1.5 seconds off of you there: 1:31.5 IIRC . I looked up the pole time for reference and it made me sad. I haven't had one good, solid lap in, though. I also can't seem to get through Ascari cleanly most of the time, I usually push way wide there. Default setup.

Throw the car in and use the scrub on the 4wheel drift to guide you through full chat
When you watch some AC hotlaps it is hard to see why they're that much faster. With my setup a super clean flowing lap ran me to 29.4, and then I watch a lap like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch? ... ture=youtube_gdata_player and it's hard to see how it's that much quicker, it's not even a great looking lap.
I'm happy to accept that people are quicker than I am, but usually I can see why. Obviously I should think the setup too :-)
Little update, after few laps got 1:29.3 in Monza with L49 and 1:42.7 in Imola with M3 GT2. Both can be improved quite easily.
Quote from sinbad :When you watch some AC hotlaps it is hard to see why they're that much faster. With my setup a super clean flowing lap ran me to 29.4, and then I watch a lap like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch? ... ture=youtube_gdata_player and it's hard to see how it's that much quicker, it's not even a great looking lap.
I'm happy to accept that people are quicker than I am, but usually I can see why. Obviously I should think the setup too :-)

That video is a joke, looks like a ****ing terrible lap, all over the place with missed apexes, nearly spinning out.
omg, unbelievable how my DFGT doesnt overheat. it stays cool as **** compared to lfs.
Quote from BlueFlame :Throw the car in and use the scrub on the 4wheel drift to guide you through full chat

I've been trying to, just wants to go straight =/ I'm having more trouble modulating the throttle with this one, too.

Need more practice.
Starting to get it back a little, into the 56s with the 458 after finally getting a solid 30 mins in to practice - life's been nuts. Turns out I was braking like a moron, the car can slow down a lot faster than I thought previously. Hope to be in those 54s soon
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Starting to get it back a little, into the 56s with the 458 after finally getting a solid 30 mins in to practice - life's been nuts. Turns out I was braking like a moron, the car can slow down a lot faster than I thought previously. Hope to be in those 54s soon

try to completely turn off abs just to see how unstable braking without abs is
Quote from BlueFlame :Throw the car in and use the scrub on the 4wheel drift to guide you through full chat

What ?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG