The online racing simulator
Hello about PRISM how to start
Hello, didnt understand how to start PRISM on windows was looking for sulotion few days but still can't find how to start prism i make everything allright but when i try to start i keep getting error something with Log File maybe there is tutorial or something for it? because i would like to know and make my server thanks
What's the error? What environment are you trying to start PRISM in? MAC? Windows? Linux?
Quote from Dygear :What's the error? What environment are you trying to start PRISM in? MAC? Windows? Linux?

I'm trying to start in Windows.

<?php 
PHP NOTICE
:
        Array 
to string conversion in C:\Users\Deividas\Desktop\LF\modules\prism
_http
.php on line 261
:: setLogFile in C:\Users\Deividas\Desktop\LF\modules\prism_http.php:1
:: initialise in C:\Users\Deividas\Desktop\LF\PHPInSimMod.php:166
:: initialise in C:\Users\Deividas\Desktop\LF\PHPInSimMod.php:42
The path to your log folder does not exist 
: Array
Fatal error encounteredExiting...
Safe shutdown11-22-13@18:51:51
?>

Ok, simple fix for that one is ...

console('The path to your log folder does not exist : '.$logPath['dirname']);

Change that line to that and it should work. I've also patched it on github.

You'll also want to fix the error it's reporting by making a log folder for PRISM to use.
Quote from Dygear :Ok, simple fix for that one is ...

You'll also want to fix the error it's reporting by making a log folder for PRISM to use.

Okay thinks, i will try it is it Demo racers still allowed to get support in Lfs forum i mean PHP threads
Quote from PHPDeividas :Okay thinks, i will try it is it Demo racers still allowed to get support in Lfs forum i mean PHP threads

You dont have to pay to get support.

As long as you are using the demo content and not cracked shit I think everything is perfect.

We are not going to ask a money transaction
Quote from Chriship :You dont have to pay to get support.

As long as you are using the demo content and not cracked shit I think everything is perfect.

We are not going to ask a money transaction

okay, i'm not really perfect in PHP but i'm really intresting in it that i see things is just wonderfull any suggestion where i can learn php better and easier? i order a book PHP learning but maybe only practice is good?
Quote from PHPDeividas :okay, i'm not really perfect in PHP but i'm really intresting in it that i see things is just wonderfull any suggestion where i can learn php better and easier? i order a book PHP learning but maybe only practice is good?

Im not a PHP coder , but, if you want to learn fast, check examples in the internet, understand what they done, and try to make the same thing yourself without looking into the original code.

Thats my tip
Quote from Dygear :Ok, simple fix for that one is ...

That doesn't solve the problem

i have if (!isset($logPath['filename']) || $logPath['filename'] == '' || !file_exists($logPath['C:\Program Files\LFS\addons\logs']))
Don't put/run PHP stuff in Program Files, it can be a locked environment for other programs to get direct access too. Esp. @Windows 7 and up.
Quote from cargame.nl :Don't put/run PHP stuff in Program Files, it can be a locked environment for other programs to get direct access too. Esp. @Windows 7 and up.

changed and if (!isset($logPath['filename']) || $logPath['filename'] == '' || !file_exists($logPath['C:\Users\Deividas\Desktop\insim']))

still have probl
That's because you should not be doing that at all.

<?php 
!file_exists($logPath['C:\Users\Deividas\Desktop\insim']))
?>

Don't edit the code, it gets this information from the configuration file. You need to put that path in there.
Besides the Users directory is also protected. Stop using Windows directories

Just C:\insim and C:\insim\logs or whatever, your computer is not going to die from an extra rootlevel directory.

Quote from cargame.nl :Besides the Users directory is also protected. Stop using Windows directories

Really? How does the user write stuff into their "home" directory on Windows? Isn't the Desktop or My Documents folders there?
Avoiding possible problems is better then make it unnecessary complicated. Are you trying to help with debugging this problem because it does not look like it.
Quote from MadCatX :Really? How does the user write stuff into their "home" directory on Windows? Isn't the Desktop or My Documents folders there?

Yes you can write stuff to your home directory, and any sub-directory but that's not the point. The point is he just made a hard code articulation when he should of done it in the config file. Let's try to keep a good single to noise ratio please gentlemen.
Quote from Dygear :That's because you should not be doing that at all.

<?php 
!file_exists($logPath['C:\Users\Deividas\Desktop\insim']))
?>

Don't edit the code, it gets this information from the configuration file. You need to put that path in there.

it worked after that it asked me to ad plugins i selected some and when i returned

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in C:\modas\modules\prism_http.php on line 257

i added your line

!file_exists($logPath['C:\modas\logs']))

maybe u could create an tutorial?

P.S when deleted that line !file_exists($logPath['C:\modas\logs']))

and i tried to turn on again i get this error

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\modas/modules/prism_com
.php' (include_path='.;D:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\modas\PHPInSimMod.php on line 9
I think you are making a mess of it. prism_com.php doesn't exist to begin with.

You shouldn't edit php files, only the ones in the plugins folder. Unless you know exactly what you are doing better leave the core files alone.
Quote from cargame.nl :You shouldn't edit php files, only the ones in the plugins folder. Unless you know exactly what you are doing better leave the core files alone.

Exactly this. You should redownload PRISM and start fresh.

This link includes that fix fr ... o you should use this one.

From there I would follow cargame's advice and extract it to a root directory in your C:/ drive.
Use that link above again and you'll get a working version of PRISM. I just did a quick run through with the patch that I just applied. From there you should click on the PRISM.bat script and it will start PRISM for you and you just have the answer questions to get it up and running.
Quote from Dygear :Use that link above again and you'll get a working version of PRISM. I just did a quick run through with the patch that I just applied. From there you should click on the PRISM.bat script and it will start PRISM for you and you just have the answer questions to get it up and running.

never mind still have problemm thanks
What are the problems?
Quote from Dygear :What are the problems?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'return' (T_RETURN), expecting function (T
_FUNCTION) in C:\modas\modules\prism_packets.php on line 201

I bet i doing something wrong i don't understand which is for windows..

Direct or relay

case sensitive ?

listen / dedi ??
The parsing error that you are listing was fixed in the last patch that I applied to PRISM on github. Now if you use that link again it will give you a zip file with all of the patches that I've applied for this thread in it. So to make it easy, click here and download. After you've downloaded that, you can simply extract it to the C:/modas directory and it will replace what it needs and update all of the files.

As far as the startup procedure text, it should be lowercase only.

Your doing a direct connection, if its on your local machine. I don't know if you have a listen server or dedicated server. It's a listen server if you start the host and can play at the same time. It's a dedicated host, if you have to start the client to connect to your host, but one does not depend on the other. It's the same nomenclature of Half-Life servers. And it does not matter, PRISM works on Mac, Linux, Windows ... just answer the questions based on the type of server you are connecting too in the fashion you are connecting to it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG