The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :If you didn't see the post, how can you comment?

You are now calling someone an a**hole because you are believing a false version of events that someone else has told you. Who's the a**hole now?

And Scawen replies.......BOOM

Sorry, I know Trolling, but could no resist

Fordie
forget about breakthroughs . LFS is dead . Great for lost time, the new tracks are not revive interest in the game . New physics tires is illusory hope .
No it would not hurt to produce new classes of vehicles and compose new songs . In parallel to build a new tire physics .
Irretrievably lost time and time stood still.

Need to breathe new life into the simulator
*- Weather.
*- Change of time .
*- Shatters car parts .
*- New locations , rally, a city open to the island rally. ( this is a fantasy )

New physics tires is a big misconception that lasts a very long time and the result Scaven not one that I would. How much more will it last? It may be easier to close the project?
We need LFS physics & Ui/iRacing tracks & netcode/AC graphics/rF modability/beamNG damage
Quote from kars19 :We need LFS physics & Ui/iRacing tracks & netcode/AC graphics/rF modability/beamNG damage

Since you only mention the bare necessities I'd like to add the GT5 Nordschleife to your wishlist. And a ModNation Racer-style track creator with foolproof IRL-GPS-Data-Import-Options. Also, all BMW E30 Models ever made with the possibility to swap a big range of engines into them. Umm … that would be all for the moment.

Easy task for Scawen. Get it ready for the weekend, please.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :no

Huh? Breaking aerodynamic parts will be coming, spoilers will detach etc... so how about you stop with your useless posts kid
Quote from Torolol :Huh? Breaking aerodynamic parts will be coming, spoilers will detach etc... so how about you stop with your useless posts kid

in 2030 at this pace
Speaking of "shatters car parts", how about something like this:

Instead of making independent breaking parts that move around the track and boost network load, just make parts that deform and disappear. The net code would hardly change, but we still get much better damage, which means more careful drivers and less MP insanity.
Or more like the moving objects like tyres/cones - for example the broken off wing/wheel/bamper rolls over the track,someone hits it or even smashes to smaller pieces,the hitter gets a fair share of hit himself and then the thing disapears after some predefined time. Just doesn't respawn itself at original place like tyres/cones.
Look at all these impatient kids.

I visited WKD for a minute to relax a little and there were the same kind of whiners. What is everyone still doing here if it's dead?
Quote from kars19 :We need LFS physics & Ui/iRacing tracks & netcode/AC graphics/rF modability/beamNG damage

And you would end up with needing a monster PC just to run the game properly.
No.
Quote from MousemanLV :And you would end up with needing a monster PC just to run the game properly.
No.

I agree! You would need a supercomputer just to run LFS at a decent 60 fps.
That's nonsense. We can't keep running 2 dollar pc's from 50 years ago... All you do is hold back evolution.
Most of people have multicore CPU for a very long time, which cannot be fully utilised by LFS. Implementing multithreaded algorithms into LFS would suddenly make LFS too light for our CPUs and give more headroom for future stuff. As for GPU, probably decreasing AA/AF stuff will make LFS playable even on slower computers.
Quote from Bose321 :That's nonsense. We can't keep running 2 dollar pc's from 50 years ago... All you do is hold back evolution.

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Most of people have multicore CPU for a very long time, which cannot be fully utilised by LFS. Implementing multithreaded algorithms into LFS would suddenly make LFS too light for our CPUs and give more headroom for future stuff. As for GPU, probably decreasing AA/AF stuff will make LFS playable even on slower computers.

Almost any computer bought after 2008-2009 will have a dual (or more) cored CPU. GOOD JAAB
-
(Retamosa) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(Retamosa) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(McEscher) DELETED by Scawen : spam
This thread is closed

Nobody has asked outright....so guess I will
(467 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG