The online racing simulator
pretty astonished how bad the models of the cars are... it looks like they've been in a massive crash, then barged out with a slegdehammer, by the looks of that video by Stabi.
I hope they will make some decent brakelights instead of some glow around the glass.

I've driven quite a few laps with the E92 M3 in Imola, my fastest lap now is a 2.07.3xx. With occasional oversteer moments. I like the car, you can feel it's pretty heavy when braking and cornering, but still enjoyable. But stupid that BMW doesn't provide the Z4 with an LSD diff from factory, really would make it allot better.
I'm just waiting anxiously for the 1M to be patched in... lighter than M3, I6 turbo, h-pattern and rear wheel drive with LSD.
Yes, definitely! And then taking those cars to the 'Ring :lovies3d:
Quote from Dennis93 :pretty astonished how bad the models of the cars are...

Isn't it a bit early in the day to be taking hard drugs?
Quote from The Moose :Isn't it a bit early in the day to be taking hard drugs?

Seriously, look down the side of the car in that video, looks like a golf ball.

I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't see it, try to look for yourself
Honestly, it's nothing to do with the models, its just something to do with the reflections. I've just loaded up the same car in the showroom and inspected it close up from all angles and the car model is beautiful. The surfaces are perfectly smooth.

Now put your crack pipe away
Quote from The Moose :Honestly, it's nothing to do with the models, its just something to do with the reflections. I've just loaded up the same car in the showroom and inspected it close up from all angles and the car model is beautiful. The surfaces are perfectly smooth.

Now put your crack pipe away

My bad then, It was just a bad assumption from the youtube video posted before.

My bad!
Quote from Dennis93 :My bad then, It was just a bad assumption from the youtube video posted before.

My bad!

Hehe, no worries. It does look a bit odd in the vid, that's for sure. I totally understand where you're coming from.

The models are great though. When i fire up the sim i usually just sit there for a minute before driving out of the pit, just to look at the car as the camera pans around it
Quote from Scrabby :I hope they will make some decent brakelights instead of some glow around the glass.

I've driven quite a few laps with the E92 M3 in Imola, my fastest lap now is a 2.07.3xx. With occasional oversteer moments. I like the car, you can feel it's pretty heavy when braking and cornering, but still enjoyable. But stupid that BMW doesn't provide the Z4 with an LSD diff from factory, really would make it allot better.

I've noticed that the third brake light doesn't light up either.
Yeah, but hey, it's an early acces, lot's of changes to come I hope
My problem with the Tatuus is that I can't get the steering to feel accurate at the limit. It's like as soon as the back end lets go the steering unloads completely (not wrong that it should unload, the front wheels should try to follow the direction of travel), and it unloads for too long so it's very easy to go too far the other way and I find myself having to guess with a basically dead, unloaded feeling wheel. I'm not sure if it's latency or if there is a FFB deadzone in the middle or what but I've never experienced it with other sims. I wish I could get something like the steering feel that the small single-seaters in nKpro gave.
Quote from The Moose : From GPL up to the latest build of iRacing they all have the same "icy" feeling for want of a better description, and the cars always seem to be lacking a sense of mass and inertia.

That's because it's basically the same game engine.
Quote from Dennis93 :pretty astonished how bad the models of the cars are... it looks like they've been in a massive crash, then barged out with a slegdehammer, by the looks of that video by Stabi.

its just crappy low-res aliased reflections
Fun game, loving the Exige
Quote from Dennis93 :Seriously, look down the side of the car in that video, looks like a golf ball.

I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't see it, try to look for yourself

Some of the models are of less quality unfortunately. He is right.
I put the Z4 on it's side
Driving is the lowest form of entertainment.
Damn! I thought it was forum trolling...
Sound is crap, I agree

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG