The online racing simulator
First off, my bad, I mis-understood what I was told, as I just copied and paste what I was told (you purchase it now, then get discount on full release)

OK so you pay £30 now, for a non multiplayer, non AI racing sim. £30 for a hot lapping sim...until the final release, when you get the rest for free.

£30 up front to pi$$ about with an unfinished product on your own, that doesn't even work with SoftTH ( ok poor mans triple display ) but the likes of Race 07, GTR2 etc etc all work perfectly.

Moose, it's not me that is insane, getting people to part with their money so they play with billy no mates or no AI and only 4 tracks is insane.

NKpro nor AC work with SoftTH, any version as I have paid for NKPro and got AC Demo and tried every version under the sun.

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :

£30 up front to pi$$ about with an unfinished product on your own, that doesn't even work with SoftTH ( ok poor mans triple display ) but the likes of Race 07, GTR2 etc etc all work perfectly.

Almost all games are unfinished and constantly under development, so this argument is invalid.

Complaining that this is some sort of disadvantage to buy a 30£ game that one can play offline and doesn't have to purchase individual cars and/or tracks and such 30£ payment you never have to make again.

Seriously though, have you been drinking? What you are saying is 110% opposite of the reality.

You don't get a refund, there's no percentage increase on the full release you pay now and you don't have to pay later? It's not a scam. You're just able to hotlap with a few cars on a few tracks instead of sitting on your hands waiting for the full release or jerking it to pictures of Mariah Carey..
Quote from Fordman :

OK so you pay £30 now, for a non multiplayer, non AI racing sim. £30 for a hot lapping sim...until the final release, when you get the rest for free.

You pay £30 for a beta, and pay no more when the full game is released. If that means only hot lapping for the time being, then that's fine by me. I'd much rather pay less now and have stuff to dick about with whilst waiting for the full release. I really don't see the problem.
I love being shot down in flames for a personal opinion that I might have. This forum is great for this, and I love the challenge

OK, as I am so crap at putting my point across in a multi national language forum that people understand I will try again, step by step this time......

A. An Unfinished Beta Product....
B. You don't pay when it is released..
C. No multiplayer...
D. No AI...
E. You play by yourself....
F. Its the next Gen of Simulators...
G. It has laser scanned tracks....Whoop Whoop...
H. Has 4 Tracks
I. Cost you £30 now for all the above now....

Like I said, personal opinion, and above it how I just see it

Fordie
I Really didnt get it!

Pay now for the Beta and thats it?

Or Pay now for the Beta, and Pay again when its Released as a Full Game?
Quote from Fordman :list

Cost you £30 now with a 22% discount, for all the below:

A. A finished retail Product....
B. Pre-ordered ..
C. With multiplayer...
D. and AI...
E. and single-player mode ....
H. Has many Tracks

plus free of charge:

C. No multiplayer...
D. No AI...
H. Has 4 Tracks
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Cost you £30 now with a 22% discount, for all the below:

A. A finished retail Product....
B. Pre-ordered ..
C. With multiplayer...
D. and AI...
E. and single-player mode ....
H. Has many Tracks

plus free of charge:

C. No multiplayer...
D. No AI...
H. Has 4 Tracks

So you are paying £30 to be Beta Tester's and end up with the finished product for free....is that what you are saying?
It's £30 pound that you never need to pay again. iRacings total cost is over £300 and thats without the subscription costs.

Fordman I really don't understand how your 'opinion' can differ so much.. It is what it is. Why complain about the fact that they've basically made an early release that people are free to purchase and play whilst they wait for the full release that they will not need to pay for if they've already bought it.
Ok. Thanks! I did Buy this!
Quote from Fordman :So you are paying £30 to be Beta Tester's and end up with the finished product for free....is that what you are saying?

I think of it this way... Pre order now and get the game cheaper, and get the beta as a bonus. Just like i did with Football Manager 2014. Win/Win situation.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's £30 pound that you never need to pay again. iRacings total cost is over £300 and thats without the subscription costs.

Fordman I really don't understand how your 'opinion' can differ so much.. It is what it is. Why complain about the fact that they've basically made an early release that people are free to purchase and play whilst they wait for the full release that they will not need to pay for if they've already bought it.

Blue, I am not complaining, just asking questions that's all, as to me it didn't make sense. Now if Multi player was available at least, I would of ripped my card out and purchased it, but to spend now on a wim, not sure even if I like the driving experience, as the AC demo ran like a dog on my PC and doesn't support 3 monitors via SoftTH with no refund, I am guessing here only, I just thought it was a little steep. And you are only saving £6.....that's 2 pints of beer ( depending on what country of course ) but that is peanuts. Full is £36 so I have been told

Fordie
A. An Unfinished Beta Product.... For those ones who can't wait
B. You don't pay when it is released.. You do if you want, just keep waiting

So the rest of the points don't make sense anymore.
Quote :
...as the AC demo ran like a dog on my PC and doesn't support 3 monitors via SoftTH with no refund..

So you are complainig for not getting a refund for the AC-Techdemo? *confused*
Do love how fantastic it looks with graphics cranked up fairly high.
Attached images
2013-11-08_00058.jpg
2013-11-08_00065.jpg
2013-11-08_00067.jpg
Can't stop driving the E30 at Imola....... can't get any better, really
After 1 Hour i have to Say: Very Good Racing Sim! Now we have to wait for the Multiplayer...
Quote from Matrixi :Do love how fantastic it looks with graphics cranked up fairly high.

I really need a new GPU, but anyway here is me showing off at Imola with considerable less eye candy, still lovely corner.

http://youtu.be/y9xGG7B9uTQ
Loving it so far.

Tire compound difference can be quite massive.
Multiplayer is gonna be so epic, full grid with 49s @ Imola and stuff.
As long as the netcode isn't as useless as in NKP, remains to be seen.
Has anyone tried this with a ATI 4850 or similar?

Don't want to get it just yet if it won't run on my system.

Thanks
I have an ATI HD 5850 and an I5- 2500k with 4 Gig Ram. It Runs on 8xAA and 16xAF with 60 FPS. It looks Great this game, really...

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG