The online racing simulator
Ty failing to wreck Harvick.

Harvick's interview was awesome
Ahahahaha ty id love to see you try to fight harvick
Looked like a Friday night scrap at the local racetrack He's probably not far wrong though.
Danica did pretty good, probably beat race of her NASCAR career lol
Danica did much better this Spring in Martinsville, but she performed well again today.. sort of.

A great weekend of racing in Martinsville . Bubba finally broke through for a win, and anybody getting mad at a Dillon is fine with me . Today's race was a little messy, but never a dull moment in it . Great racing all day.

Moving to Texas for the 8th round of the Chase with a tie at the top of the Sprint Cup points standings .
I like how that race ended. My man on top. Oh wait... that didn't come out right.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I like how that race ended. My man on top. Oh wait... that didn't come out right.

Quote from Bmxtwins :I like how that race ended. My man on top. Oh wait... that didn't come out right.

I think we all know that's exactly what you meant to say.

Happy day for Gordon fans everywhere, Big Daddy's back to victory lane! I'm excited to see what this momentum will do for his championship bid.
Maybe I should stop watching the races, he wins when I cant watch
I'd save a recording of that one, who knows the next time he will get another.
RFR signed Ryan Reed to drive #16 in NW. I'm assuming that would mean that the 60 will be back any heard if travis will be back?
I hate how Harvick tried to apologize for what he said after the race Saturday. That's exactly what everyone thinks about the Dillons anyway, I realize he has to try to keep things civil while he still finishes the season with RCR, but it doesn't shock me that's why he left the team.
Ye I agree, damage is already done anyways...
Just for the heck of it, I looked up ISC's income statements on Google and came up with this. It looks like NASCAR decreacing popularity isn't hurting the company as bad as one might think, but it is still making an impact.

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:ISCA&fstype=ii (click annual data)

SMI is looking about the same way.

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:TRK&fstype=ii (click annual data)

Dover Motorsports Inc. is much worse off than the big two track owning companies. DVD is in-fact losing money every other year . They have drastically cut their costs to make up for the lost ticket sales and revenue.

VD&fstype=ii" target="_blank">https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSEVD&fstype=ii (click annual data)

ISC and Dover Motorsports have cut their costs to make up for the lost reveune, but SMI has not.

Sad thing is that if they dropped the ticket prices the total cost of attendance would be hardly effected. Hotels and gas are the primary costs any more for the majority of people. No doubt it would raise the attendance, but rather or not it would make the companies more money is all that they care about, and I'm not sure it would do that sadly

No, I do not own any of these stocks, nor do I want to.
Quote from PMD9409 :I'd save a recording of that one, who knows the next time he will get another.

Haha, I got a good laugh out of that. To be fair though, he has had multiple chances to win this season. It was mostly things that he couldn't control that took him out of contention.

Quote from UncleBenny :I hate how Harvick tried to apologize for what he said after the race Saturday. That's exactly what everyone thinks about the Dillons anyway, I realize he has to try to keep things civil while he still finishes the season with RCR, but it doesn't shock me that's why he left the team.

Yep, I didn't believe a word he said. From seeing/hearing about what his/RCR's relationship has been like lately, I see why he's leaving and said the things he did.

Though I can't help but wonder how things will go at SHR, they're not the hottest team either. I feel like there were probably better options for him. Especially since SHR went to 3 teams and started running poorly, you have to think that going to 4 will have a similar impact.
Well remember that Harvick didnt anticipate the 4th car
Quote from Bmxtwins :Well remember that Harvick didnt anticipate the 4th car

Yeah, I had actually forgotten about that.
Quote from UncleBenny :I hate how Harvick tried to apologize for what he said after the race Saturday. That's exactly what everyone thinks about the Dillons anyway, I realize he has to try to keep things civil while he still finishes the season with RCR, but it doesn't shock me that's why he left the team.

After the incident in the race RC said on the radio that Harvick had something coming to him. I believe Harvick just gave a PR run-around to keep his ride for the rest of the season. I'm sure RC only cares about the owner's points after all.

Quote from Mr. Kninja :Haha, I got a good laugh out of that. To be fair though, he has had multiple chances to win this season. It was mostly things that he couldn't control that took him out of contention.

While true, they built their own luck as well. But who knows, he could win the next 3 races.
Quote from Mr. Kninja :Though I can't help but wonder how things will go at SHR, they're not the hottest team either. I feel like there were probably better options for him. Especially since SHR went to 3 teams and started running poorly, you have to think that going to 4 will have a similar impact.

I have a feeling SHR could be very bad next year with 4 teams, don't understand why they tried to grow so quickly. They do have 3 pretty good drivers though, have to think 2 out of 3 should still have a shot at making the Chase if Newman pulled it off this year.
They weren't bad this year, Smoke just wasn't good. He wasn't that great 2 years ago either, just pulled it together in the chase.
Quote from PMD9409 :While true, they built their own luck as well. But who knows, he could win the next 3 races.

Yeah, I suppose they did. That would be a truly amazing feat, he might snatch the title if he did. Depending on where Johnson and Kenseth finish. He would have to muster up a whole lot of the "Old-Jeff" for that to be even considered realistic though.

I honestly do think he still has a shot to win the title. It might be a longshot, but from how he's been performing leading up to and in the Chase I wouldn't see why he couldn't reel off at least 1 more win and be in serious contention by Homestead.

This is all hopes and dreams from I die-hard Gordon fan though. I'd be really happy and surprised if any of this happened.

Quote :They weren't bad this year, Smoke just wasn't good. He wasn't that great 2 years ago either, just pulled it together in the chase.

Sorta like Gordon this year. *wink*

But yeah, he had a mediocre season at best before the chase. It was a shock to me that he even had a shot at it. (Talking about 2011)
Stewart just hit the button at the right time. I can't see anybody else pulling off a feat like that.

Kenseth nor Johnson will score outside the top 10 the next few races unless something catastrophic happens to one of them, so Gordon is fighting for 3rd essentially with Kyle and Kevin. IMO, he shouldn't even be in the championship, especially after turn two at Pocono, but that's a whole different topic that we will act like was never brought up.
Shut up Phil, JGords is my god
Yep, and you're just another blind 24 fanboy like they all are.

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG