The online racing simulator
Making Server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(24 posts, started )
#1 - djsem
Hi@all!
Have a problem starting up a server!Havn´t found a thread about it!
Can any1 tell me,how to start a server?
I´ve started 1 and it´s working fine!But only fine for me!!!
A friend wanted to go on my server, but he didn´t find it at the serverlist?
Why did the Serverlist not include my Server??
Please help!!
#2 - Jakg
you have to forward the ports, look at portforward.com to find out how

EDIT - pick your router from the list at http://portforward.com/english ... orwarding/routerindex.htm then click on "LFS" and itll give you step by step instructions on how to do it!

EDIT - Not lfs, Live For Speed
#3 - djsem
really?I´d read anywhere,that i have to sign up my server to the masterserver!Do you know how to do?
You have to open port 66692 on your router for tcp und udp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#5 - Jakg
Quote from djsem :really?I´d read anywhere,that i have to sign up my server to the masterserver!Do you know how to do?

well, you dont "register for the master server", and next time you ask a question, dont ignore the answer you get if its not what you expected
#6 - djsem
ok!i´ll try it when i´m at home!i´m still at work!
Thx for help!!!
Quote from Jakg :well, you dont "register for the master server", and next time you ask a question, dont ignore the answer you get if its not what you expected

It often happens that the people who know "how to" forget to mention the "ofcourse you have to do that" things. I think it was a fair question, and your answer was certainly not a complete one.
also, make sure you've selected "internet" instead of "local" or "hidden" ...
#9 - djsem
I´ve done it with my router settings!And i´ve started a host!But i didn´t find it at the serverlist!Here´s another question!
Is it possible to join/see the server on the same pc as the server is running?
#10 - Jakg
yes it is
and if i start a dedicated server, is it possible to join on the same pc, too?
It should be. Just use 127.0.0.1, or the local address of your machine to connect
ok!i´ll try it
ive got a question , ive found my router and followed direction. it wants to to enter private ip before i apply even though steps left it blank.

what do i type in here, thanks private ip - ?
Is it possible some of you computer experts could write a beginners guide to setting up a host?

Perhaps update the lfswiki with ALL necessary settings, because its a bit of a mine field to get through!

I for one am still struggling and would really appreciate some simple instructions on router/firewall/port settings etc.

Thanks
I've been toying with doing such a guide, with as many home and commercial firewalls as possible; I'll see what I can get done this afternoon, when I get back in the office.
ok here goes
This is the fastest and simplist way

ok first of you need to config your router to get access to you router
you need to open up your internet explorer then put in this ip
http://192.168.1.1 you should then get a control pannel etc you need to
goto the advanced then Virtual server and put you pc's ip in the DMZ
then apply setting and you done (just remember to remove your pc from the dmz when you have finished)

to find your internal ip go to control panel then network and double click
on your router or modem then select support and it should show you in there its normaly 192.168.1.2 if there's only 1 machine connected.

Now the server config i have attached a server config to this post
that i know works and is a standard set up all you have to do is edit
the name to what you want and thats it run the server and your m8 should be able to see it in the list. you won't cause your hosting it
you will need to go to join a specific game then local network and put
in your internal ip and the admin password the port should already be
in there and away you go
Attached files
setup.zip - 904 B - 224 views
Quote from Valkyrie :This is the fastest and simplist way

then apply setting and you done (just remember to remove your pc from the dmz when you have finished)

on your router or modem then select support and it should show you in there its normaly 192.168.1.2 if there's only 1 machine connected.

the name to what you want and thats it run the server and your m8 should be able to see it in the list. you won't cause your hosting it
in there and away you go

WOW thanks for the replies. I'll check it out when i get home

Cheers
wa
Quote from Jakg :you have to forward the ports, look at portforward.com to find out how

EDIT - pick your router from the list at http://portforward.com/english ... orwarding/routerindex.htm then click on "LFS" and itll give you step by step instructions on how to do it!

EDIT - Not lfs, Live For Speed

what if your router is not on the list, like mine, unfortunally
Ask and we shall try to help. What have you got?
i have...
Dell TrueMobile 1184 Wireless Broadband Router probably not used for LFS :faint:

-scratched that last saying
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Dell TrueMobile 1184 Wireless Broadband Router probably not used for LFS :faint:

Not used for LFS? How do you mean that?

For ALL routers it is very similar procedure, you log on to the routers web-administration via browser, then find in the menu something like "Virtual server" or "Port forwarding" or "NAT configuration" and change necessary settings there... nothing to it.....

These manuals everytimes presumes that you have a manual of your router to find there some info if needed........
Quote from Valkyrie :This is the fastest and simplist way

in there and away you go

.....internet explorer then put in this ip
http://192.168.1.1 you should then get a...... -doesnt work

Can you PM me for a little more help, sry, im very new
#24 - Jakg
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :.....internet explorer then put in this ip
http://192.168.1.1 you should then get a...... -doesnt work

Can you PM me for a little more help, sry, im very new

try 192.168.0.1 if that doesn't work ill upload a script file to help you find your "default gateway", or just type ipconfig into the command prompt

EDIT - rename this to a dot bat, run it (DONT PRESS ANY BUTTONS!) and then look for the number after "Default Gateway", then type that into the adress bar
Attached files
Rename Me To A .bat Please.mp3 - 15 B - 198 views

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG