The online racing simulator
I wonder if Brian Scott is a candidate for FRR? Especially since they may go to 2 cars.
Look who's fifth
the fact there is a fine is stupid.
http://www.charlotteobserver.c ... est-modifications-to.html

Wickers and large spoiler. Nothing that involves removal of the splitter though. Nothing that involves a reduction in downforce is being reported. PMD you'll be happy about the wickers I do beleive.

I think an indent at the bottom of the car (would create a small amount of lift) rather than the downforce creating splitter would do a world of good on tracks other than Daytona and Talladega.
Only way to get mechanical grip back involved is to decrease the corner speeds. The entire cup car is currently sealed to the track, and there isn't anything a tire can do to help it. If you give it a tire that will make the cars slide around, then we will have what we had at Kansas which was a joke. The amount of side force that is created now is off the charts. 10 years ago "side force" wasn't even in the dictionary when it came to talking about NASCAR, now it is everything.

The wicker should be gone, not lowered. The rear spoiler I don't care too much about. I don't want it tall, just to what it used to be. The front splitter can go hang itself. Instead of doing 180mph through the turns get it back down to 160. The loss of front downforce would have crews loosening up the car more to try and find a more neutral setup for the long run. The guys that are a little loose will be fast on a short run and then get undrivable throughout the run.

Anyone who watched NASCAR in the early to mid 2000s watched Matt Kenseth become the guy who qualified bad but had the best long run cars out there. If it was a 15 lap run you would count him out, but if the final stint of the race was 20+ laps then you couldn't ever rule him out. Now Matt switches to Gibbs, who to be honest are known for their qualifying and short run ability. And oh look, he racks up 7 wins this season by just putting himself out front (whether by qualifying or pit strategy) and just locks himself there thanks to the clean air and inability to overtake (unless your car is much stronger).

The decrease in corner speeds would also allow Goodyear to adjust the tire more, allowing wear and punishment to become a factor again. At the current rate of cornering speeds, Goodyear honestly have their hands tied behind their backs.

Just want to state I'm not hating on Kenseth. I've liked him ever since 1998 at Dover.
If they got the majority of the downforce from a proper diffuser NASCAR wouldn't have to do any of this shit. Cars would be wicked fast and would be able to run close.
Kevin Harvick 2014 paint scheme:

Larson in the wall, why am I not surprised he drove it the entire race next to the wall
MWR to a 2 car team next season. Truex and his crew chief allowed to explore other opportunities.

Vickers out with blood clot in leg (calf). Out remainder of season.

Harvick to drive for JRM in at least 12 NNS races next season.
That sucks for Brian, finally gets a decent full time ride and this happens, hopefully it doesn't become more of a problem and he is fully recovered by next season

Also everyones favourite herb in back in the 14 this weekend
Freaking awesome car
It's pretty much everything that's wrong with America... On a car! Mountain Dew, Xbox One, National Guard. Just missing a giant "Republicans" decal, and they'd be complete.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's pretty much everything that's wrong with America... On a car! Mountain Dew, Xbox One, National Guard. Just missing a giant "Republicans" decal, and they'd be complete.

what the **** is wrong with the national guard its an armed service....
edit: looks like the rock is defunct again...
Do you guys really need 100,000 different branches of armed forces?
National Guard is per state and not a full time job, it is considered part time and is technically defined as a militia.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Do you guys really need 100,000 different branches of armed forces?

Thank you for further establishing your lack of knowledge on the subject. We only have 2 more branches than you maple leaves.

Those are the marines and the coast guard.

Now, unlike canada the ocean surrounding our country isn't made of ice so we actually need people to look for various water threats. This is where the coast guard comes in.

Herp a derp

On Nascar
So truex is losing his ride for mwr cheating? Sounds like good ground for a lawsuit
Quote from Bmxtwins :
Now, unlike canada the ocean surrounding our country isn't made of ice so we actually need people to look for various water threats. This is where the coast guard comes in.

Yes Ray, as soon as you hit the 49th parallel, the oceans just freeze instantly. We don't have boats to japan, we just ice skate. There's also no reason why your coast guard needs to be military. We have a coast guard AND border services. Neither are militarized and instead will *le gasp* ask the armed forces for help if they need it! Rather than wasting trillions of dollars having 7.3 billion armed forces branches. Heck, your ****ing meteorology branch or something is drunk enough to have military ranks.

For the record, we only have 1 armed forces that does everything. Rather than 8.3 zillion that do nothing.
Royal canadian airforce
Royal canadian navy
Non royal canadian army

I count 3
Ok this is not a topic for debating military is it? go make a new thread

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG