The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
I've got a Level 30 character, with a high end apartment in the middle of the city. Needless to say I'm going nowhere near the game until they fix the latest problems. Two of my friends have now lost apartments and characters.
Bought an apartment. At the next login, my apartment was gone, and the money too. At the next login the character was gone.

My 4th character doesn't trigger the Mod Shop tutorial with the insurance/theft protection...
The only bug I'm getting is when I try to report someone for whatever reason, the whole game freezes and I have to restart. I don't think I've dived deep enough in to the game to care about losing data.
I've been lucky. For ow at least.

It's a fairly nail biting experience when I get disconnected from PSN though
Right then, cloud servers are back up and my charecter is gone for good.

CBA to start over, I can imagine how goddamn pissed some rank 40-50 players must be if this happened to them.
So I wound up getting 100k or so by playing. I need twice that now....oh the grind begins
Since I'm just playing SP and not online... How the heck do I progress in this game? I've got the first mission done, LOL. Just been riding around on my bicycle in the city and mountain bike in the mountains checking out all the sites. My kids are probably halfway through the game, I haven't even gotten to the point where Franklin and Michael meet up, LOL.

Of course it doesn't help that the kids play after school and get the xBox good and hot so that every time I play in the late evening, it goes into thermal shutdown with me forgetting to save on the phone periodically.
Go (cycle) to the S on your map in the middle of the city (you can use the map to set a GPS destination, and it'll tell you road legal routes to get there, although it isn't necessary the quickest way), and it'll start the next mission.
I'm not sure GTA 5 is a game I'd let children play, atleast without supervision...

The torture event comes up to mind. Heck, that made even a grown man like myself feel a bit uncomfortable, which is rare when it comes to gaming.
Quote from tristancliffe :Go (cycle) to the S on your map in the middle of the city (you can use the map to set a GPS destination, and it'll tell you road legal routes to get there, although it isn't necessary the quickest way), and it'll start the next mission.

Ah, yeah, sorry, forgot the sarcasm tags. Yeah, I know how to progress. Problem is, I'm too busy roaming around.

Quote from Matrixi :I'm not sure GTA 5 is a game I'd let children play, atleast without supervision...

The torture event comes up to mind. Heck, that made even a grown man like myself feel a bit uncomfortable, which is rare when it comes to gaming.

I'm not sure what the missions are about. I figure, she's mature enough to watch many of the movies I let her watch as well as TV shows like The Walking Dead, she can handle GTA (she's been playing GTA IV for a very long time.) For the language and such used in the game, it pales in comparison to what I've heard every day when the school bus doors opened up from the very first day of kindergarten. I blushed from some of the stuff I heard coming from the school bus.

And yes, I am there with her to make sure she isn't in the strip club and other scenes such as that. If she comes across something that needs done that I feel is too much, I'll just play it through for her and she can pick it up later. She is more about the roaming around and driving the cars anyways.
Quote from mrodgers :And yes, I am there with her to make sure she isn't in the strip club and other scenes such as that. If she comes across something that needs done that I feel is too much, I'll just play it through for her and she can pick it up later. She is more about the roaming around and driving the cars anyways.

Sorry to say that, you worry about her seeing a few polygon breast, but say "shes is mature enough" for all the other content in the game?! We're talking about a scene where Trevor tortures a guy by pulling his teeth and electro shocks. Its all over the media here in Europe, like the Airport mission form that Call Of Duty game was a few years back.

Guess its a culture difference thing, but the bit of profanity and nudity is nothing here compared to the violence. American Pie and such got the equivalent of a PG rating here.
I still don't know why people have been so offended/shocked over the torture scene. I really didn't find it to be anything shocking or offensive. You understand that GTA will be ridiculous and silly, so to choose to be offended of a specific scene is ridiculous. Especially when it did serve a purpose in both progressing the story and as part of the general GTA satire. Never mind that I'm sure in some secret hidden compound in some US run, offshore camp.. those actions are taking place.

CoD scene is different as it really didn't fit in with the game. It was placed purely for shock value, which was evidenced further by allowing you to skip it. It had no use other than "omg".
Quote from ACCAkut :Sorry to say that, you worry about her seeing a few polygon breast, but say "shes is mature enough" for all the other content in the game?!

welcome to the us... 5 year old playing a game or watching a movie with tons of blood and gore perfectly fine... show the slightest hint of sideboob "oh my god why wont anyone think of the children???"
I still find the strip club to be incredibly awkward in GTA. It's not "sexy" or "erotic" in any way. The things I do for 100%-ing a game. (I only have 5 random events then I've done EVERYTHING in Rockstars' checklist.)
isnt gta 90% pointless crap you could enjoy a lot more in a better game and 10% game these days anyway?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I still find the strip club to be incredibly awkward in GTA. It's not "sexy" or "erotic" in any way.

See also: Sex scenes in Mass Effect. That was just... really uncomfortable. If I had any kind of emotional reaction, it was the kind of awkward feeling I'd get if I accidentally walked in on my friends doing it.
Quote from Crashgate3 :See also: Sex scenes in Mass Effect. That was just... really uncomfortable. If I had any kind of emotional reaction, it was the kind of awkward feeling I'd get if I accidentally walked in on my friends doing it.

If I walked in on my friends doing it (1 female, 1 male OR 2 female.. for clarity's sake), I'd go make some popcorn!
wrong. you would join. well... i would
You've seen my Facebook profile pic I'm sure.

It's clear that I'd go eat.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I still don't know why people have been so offended/shocked over the torture scene. I really didn't find it to be anything shocking or offensive.

but if you had a kid that still rides the yellow bus to school, would you rather let them see some boobs or gore and violence?
Quote from ACCAkut :but if you had a kid that still rides the yellow bus to school, would you rather let them see some boobs or gore and violence?

Boobs. Nudity is something that's entirely natural and normal. The fact that North America seems to be hung up on nudity being the worst thing ever which is ridiculous.

Plus boobs are awesome.

Violence on the other hand, is also natural, but to glorify it as being this awesome thing where being Arnold Schwarzenegger; wandering into a army compound and killing every terrorist alive is a ridiculous thing to glorify.

That said, I think that some teenagers are mature enough on a case by case basis to distinguish between fantasy and reality. I wouldn't say that all young teenagers should play violent games, but I also wouldn't go as far to say none should play violent games.

As for pre-teenagers, there's no great reason for them to play violent games. Playing more constructive games is a better outlet for their efforts.

Also, boobs are still awesome.
Quote from ACCAkut :but if you had a kid that still rides the yellow bus to school, would you rather let them see some boobs or gore and violence?

You ever been to the beach? There is no way you can prevent them from seeing any of this, so the question is rather obsolete anyway.
I found the torture scene hilarious, took his tooth out first and his mumbling made this hilarious.
Quote from e2mustang :wrong. you would join. well... i would

You've obviously never seen my friends.
New motors...

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG