The online racing simulator
Nobody has asked outright....so guess I will
I have searched the forums and have come up with nothing, so what the hell.

People have asked in a round about sort of way, and slatted the devs with when is it, but nobody, publicly that I have found have asked this question or this way.........

Dear Mr Scawen, Victor or Eric....

Can you please, tell us, the community that have purchased your game, License 1, License 2 and some of us have put payments aside for License 3 ( which I am one of ) tell us, is LFS DEAD and BURIED and not going to make any progress in the near or distant future.

I think that you at least, owe it to us, the paying community or the paid community to let us know if we a flogging a dead donkey or we are waiting for something that will re-ignight our passion for this game.

I would like to re-iterate that I am not asking for dates, timelines or anything of the such, all I am asking, and I think I am speaking for the ,000's of community members hear, we would just like to know where we are at, and what is happening.

"When it's done", is not really an answer anymore, although it started out as a tounge in cheek comment, but the lack of responses, when you used to be so active ( expect you Eric LOL ) leaves us thinking, what is going on.

I / WE are not looking for details ( although some will be ) just a sincere confirmation that LFS S3 will be, and is being worked on and will be available, at some point.

I/WE look forward to your reply

Kind Regards

Fordman

To people that read this...I have tried with the email the DEVS, and didn't get any reply, ages ago, so now is time to go public, and ask, what you are all asking the same as me !!!!!!, in a nice way though
Aint gonna happen.
Quote from Fordman :"When it's done", is not really an answer anymore, although it started out as a tounge in cheek comment, but the lack of responses, when you used to be so active ( expect you Eric LOL ) leaves us thinking, what is going on.

I/WE look forward to your reply

Quote from Eric :It's getting really boring reading these complaints about why new LFS content isn't released at a rate which suits you. I'm not sure what these posters think they can accomplish, but they'd have to be complete idiots to not realise that they won't change a thing. It's madness to keep doing the same things over and over again and expect a different result everytime.

I really dont feel the need to justify the way or even the pace at which I work to anyone. The conditions I have to work in and the tools I have to work with affect only me, so I will deal with things my own way. I would say I'm sorry if you don't like it, but the truth is I'm not sorry. I am my own boss. I don't answer to anyone. Get over it.

If you don't like LFS or the speed of it's development....or even the fact that we are entitled to live a life outside of LFS, you have the free will to leave and play something else.

If you prefer to stick around and moan endlessly about things you can't change or encourage some kind of weird witch hunt against your least favourite Dev,......maybe you need to check your mental health or get a life. LFS can't help you with that, no matter how good it gets.

Devs dont want to release new content in a rushed (quickly made and released) state because it would look really hideously low-res (i think).

The textures, cars, tracks, sounds could be ready and released now but tire physics are another aspect and they are done by Scawen, who has to take care of his kids (Leo and Nicole) now and doesnt have as much time to complete the tire physics (some people think that devs want to release stuff at the same time, like releasing 20000 balls from a helicopter simultanously).

Back then when S2 was released, patches were released at a mindblowing pace, but thats because cars and tracks were released and perfected over the patches and the time.

Devs really could change their patch release pace to that one that dates back to the S2 release (new cars and tracks released are perfected over the recent patches) and we would be fine with that.
hehe, nice try

I am sure Scawen is still working on Lfs and if not, :"thanks for the Year of Coding on the best Racing Game i ever played since today"
Quote from rosewood2 :Devs dont want to release new content in a rushed (quickly made and released) state because it would look really hideously low-res (i think).

The textures, cars, tracks, sounds could be ready and released now but tire physics are another aspect and they are done by Scawen, who has to take care of his kids (Leo and Nicole) now and doesnt have as much time to complete the tire physics (some people think that devs want to release stuff at the same time, like releasing 20000 balls from a helicopter simultanously).

Back then when S2 was released, patches were released at a mindblowing pace, but thats because cars and tracks were released and perfected over the patches and the time.

Devs really could change their patch release pace to that one that dates back to the S2 release (new cars and tracks released are perfected over the recent patches) and we would be fine with that.

I don't mean to be suicidal here, but please, at least purchase a version before you put your comments, although all comments are welcome here, on the open forum. I am talking for people like myself that have been here well over 10yrs, and also the people that have "purchased" a License, which you haven't, no offence intended, but I think we "deserve" an simple yet important answer...

I don't think I/WE are asking anything extravagant??
without wanting to insult you in any way, i can say that you do not speak for me.

"when it's done" is the best time to deliver any software imho and i believe the fact that LFS so far has been delivered "when it's done" is the reason it's one of the best pieces of software ever.

also imho we as paid members of this community have access to some of the best online racing you can get, at least in a potential way. crash kiddies and script kiddies play too much a role, and unfortunately most people just don't like spending time in a really tough sim, losing repeatedly to europeans (this from my very Americas viewpoint)

Fordman, what more could you possibly want than to know your money is safe in the bank account of a man who actually cares about the experience you have using his software?
Quote from Fordman :I don't mean to be suicidal here, but please, at least purchase a version before you put your comments, although all comments are welcome here, on the open forum. I am talking for people like myself that have been here well over 10yrs, and also the people that have "purchased" a License, which you haven't, no offence intended, but I think we "deserve" an simple yet important answer...

I can't purchase S2 because i dont have any money nor job nor the age to actually get one. I might get one later or i might do something else like take part in a competition or something different. EDIT: I finally have an S2 license since the 27th of September 2015! EDIT2: I also have an S3 license since the 19th of December 2015!

Quote from Fordman :I don't think I/WE am/are asking anything extravagant??

I don't, you don't. Everyone except new people who didnt see the suggested stuff thread should stop requesting cars, tracks and/or features because:

1. The suggestions may be already on the suggested things list/thread
2. Would be too complicated/would take way too much time to add.
Quote from rosewood2 :I can't purchase S2 because i dont have any money nor the age to actually get one. I might get one later or i might do something else like take part in a competition or something different.

I don't, you don't. Everyone except new people who didnt see the suggested stuff thread should stop requesting cars, tracks and/or features because:

1. The suggestions may be already on the suggested things list/thread
2. Would be too complicated/would take way too much time to add.

Fair point Rosewood2, like I said, this is not a pointing finger thread, or even a wagging finger thread. Some of us (that are left ) have been here for so long and was promised soooooo long ago, so I thought I would publicly ask the question to the DEVS.

I know the new people that have joined recently and such a welcome to this game, they just don't know how long this development has gone on, and when and how long ago S3 was mentioned.

So this thread, is not a dig and anybody, nor a thread to start saying when and if and what you doing about it. I asked this directly to the DEVS for THEM to answer......is S3 still going ahead.....Its a simple Yes/No answer. On how much they want to elaborate on that, is up to them.

Fordie
I'd as well like to hear from the devs again, just to know if there was some progress, they were so silent lately. Even if Scawen would come up and say 'LFS development won't be continued'. At least we'd know. In germany we say 'besser ein ende mit schrecken, als schrecken ohne ende', which could be translated with 'Better an end with pain than pain without end'
I heard Eric has been working on some new cone textures
Quote from Fordman :I know the new people that have joined recently and such a welcome to this game, they just don't know how long this development has gone on, and when and how long ago S3 was mentioned.

Some people (like me) were curious about this S3 extravaganza and how everyone was losing enthusiasm over the actual release of it and the speculated release dates (completely ridiculous).

These people went to sites like LFS.net and searched for archived news on the German Car and British Track and the announcement (dont flame me) "VW Scirocco postponed".

I am one of these persons.

Even though i did join just before 2011, I did know about the stuff like the release of LFS, S1, S2 release, S3 announcement and postpone, several patch announcements during the several stages of development, progress reports and lately the new LFS 0.6E patch and DCon because I'm a curious kid.

Of course, not everyone falls into this category, most people just want to go and play, not search for news about stuff because of curiosity. Most people also care more about their rep than the development status (zvone798 is one example, although this was about a year ago).

Quote from Bmxtwins :I heard Eric has been working on some new cone textures

This is just speculation. Of course ScaViEr does develop stuff at its own pace and sometimes there can be a information leak, but you say "I heard" which means that the info may not be true. TO GET THE BEST RES EVAR loljk We need to wait more
guys... s3 was anounced when? 7-8 years ago? in the meantime there was some progression but the technical standard of lfs compared to what is possible by now is no where close to what would somneone honestly consider to spend some more money on. and to bring out a game which fits the current state of the art, the dev team would need either around 100 devs/grafic designers/game designers/ 3d artists ... meaning a shit load of money, or TIME

i was a great fan of this game almost half a decade ago because it offered a lot for the buck. S3 was a dream back then, and by now it is still a dream. and imo it will be a dream in the future or a big disappointment to everybody who is used to great graphics, sound, accuracy and technical state of the art games.

sorry for being that realistic but guys, take the game as is: it is still fun, it has a shit load of tracks, cars and a big community it can offer a lot of fun, for a very cheap prize.

everything else is just not realistic anymore without a big publisher putting in some big numbers like EA or the Virgin guy starts to like this game
Quote from Fischfix :sorry for being that realistic but guys, take the game as is: it is still fun, it has a crap tonne of tracks, cars and a big community it can offer a lot of fun, for a very cheap prize.

You forgot the very big variety of 940 combos to race on, which makes this game a combo marathon for curious people and a huge amount of racing and hotlapping enthusiasm.

Quote from pipa :Been quiet for a while, a simple hello would be appreciated

Hello and welcome back to the LFS Forum. Where oldies and newschoolers talk alike and share their opinions on release pace.

G'day.
#14 - pipa
Been quiet for a while, a simple hello would be appreciated.

Quote from Fischfix :everything else is just not realistic anymore without a big publisher putting in some big numbers like EA or the Virgin guy starts to like this game

Nice troll there, EA has never published a decent driving game. Driving game is focused on driving and not excessive amounts of bloom and blur.

I certainly wouldn't want to find out it was all for nothing.
It was until I hear otherwise.
Thanks anyway Silverracer.
Do you really expect the devs to open this thread, which says "Nobody has asked outright....so guess I will"?
ROFL, no, BUT a post that says either;

1) Yes, thanks for all the positive posts, S3 is being worked on and will be released when I'm satisfied that LFS will remain one of the best racing sims ever.

or

2) No, we've all moved on and thanks for your support. Now shut up and go away.

The reason so many people still stay on the forum, still rant about how good LFS is as a racing sim, is because we all believe in what's been achieved.

Personally I blame the LFS kart meeting people. In the real world, Eric would have been renditioned, and waterboarded till there was some information released about the future of LFS.

But, again, I'm sure we'll all hang around till, eventually, whenever, someone actually gives a report. Sometime, whenever...........
#19 - avih
This is purely guessing, but here it goes:

IMO they do want LFS to keep developing, but bumped into some technical/life/whatever stuff which slowed progress enough such that it had lost its momentum.

If they find the energies and motivation etc to progress it further, then they will. Otherwise, it will just "live" as long as they maintain the master server and as long as users are using it.

It's not that they don't have the intention to work on it further IMO, it's just that it doesn't happen - which is why it wasn't declared "dead".

So best thing to do is just keep on with your life regardless of LFS, and if some new version/content/whatever comes along at some day, enjoy it if you're still around.
Quote from rosewood2 :Devs dont want to release new content in a rushed (quickly made and released) state because it would look really hideously low-res (i think).

Dude. 3-4 years. What kind of quickly release are we talking about? They've done with the LFS upgrades. Sad but true. Play the S2 (or buy it if you hasnt done yet, but imo for 24pounds you can buy something else, not a game where you have 15cruise servers, and 1-2 racing servers, plus some drift ).
940combos? And what the hell should i do with that, if I have 1 (ONE) server where is 15-20 racers online. I've bought the S2 to play ONLINE with another racers, not to set some combo and play against AI's..
Quote from ASR Sanchez :Dude. 3-4 years. What kind of quickly release are we talking about? They've done with the LFS upgrades. Sad but true. Play the S2 (or buy it if you hasnt done yet, but imo for 24pounds you can buy something else, not a game where you have 15cruise servers, and 1-2 racing servers, plus some drift ).
940combos? And what the hell should i do with that, if I have 1 (ONE) server where is 15-20 racers online. I've bought the S2 to play ONLINE with another racers, not to set some combo and play against AI's..

drive leagues
Quote from CheerioDM :
I certainly wouldn't want to find out it was all for nothing.
It was until I hear otherwise.
Thanks anyway Silverracer.

Holy cow, thats alot of payments. 0_o

It wasnt for nothing though, you made demo racers happy by buying them S2 and you and I and everyone else can with live that.

Even demo racers who havent got S2 can still live in demoland.

Demoers who just beg for S2 are complete dummies because they dont realise that begging for S2 worsens their reputation here.

I never would beg for S2, never.
All of you should check out the forums on Moby Games.
A very similar thing is going on with the countless posts criticizing the developers about the death of progress and the loss of long time members.
It is very active right now with backlash after the recent update.

GIVE US THE OLD SITE BACK
http://www.mobygames.com/forums/dga,2/dgb,4/dgm,181117/

"I think the most insulting aspect of their behaviour is that they refuse to absolutely communicate ANYTHING. The few words we get are "just wait and see, we will fix things" as if rolled out by some spambot.

If the new design is here to stay, are we promised new features? If not, what's the point, just revert back to the old site."
Quote from Racer X NZ :...
2) No, we've all moved on and thanks for your support. Now shut up and go away.

C'mon!
Without wanting to sound rude, do you really think that if LFS was really dead, there would not be an official statement from the Devs?

I'm sure they're still working on it, at their own pace, compatible with real life issues.

So, whenever an update will come, I'll know it from my email.
Quote from Ripley :I'm sure they're still working on it, at their own pace, compatible with real life issues.

I've mentioned that in a previous post of mine (its mostly focused on Scawen but the same goes for Victor and Eric).

This thread is closed

Nobody has asked outright....so guess I will
(467 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG