The online racing simulator
Server unresponsive after several days
I host the AUS Area51 Servers and are experiencing weird behaviour with dedicated servers after a week or so.

If you join the servers, you'll notice you can't leave the server after joining. You can't change the track or car. Only way out is to force quit LFS (client) and restart the server to fix this issue.

This only happens after several days (week or so) of use, which obviously makes it hard to pin point what actaully causes it.

Has anyone else experience a similar fault? Is it possible Scawen can investigate further?

I'll leave the servers in the dead state to give Scawen chance to investigate. If you could send me a email directly or a msg here to let me know when I can reset, that would be great.

Rob
If you're running the servers under Linux with wine, then its a known fault, but not much can be done about it with the exception of running the dedicated server in a wineconsole, instead of a "background process"; this seems to help. The alternative is to setup a cron to restart the processes.

If you're running them under windows, check the event logs for things occuring at the same time as the fault, and all the other normal stuff.
This is running under Win32 (Win2003).

Nothing obvious under the system logs.

Memory is stable at 7.6MB per instance
CPU load is near 0
Sockets are open to the correct ports

Not sure what else I can look for.

It's not feasible to set the server to restart every so often as it's not possible to detect when the error occurs. For all purposes, it looks fine.
Update? Or should I just ignore this fault.
I appreciate the devs are busy and I hate missed oppertunities but I'm paying for hosting so I've restarted the servers.

I might post back when it happens again.
#6 - ORION
I guess it has something to do with the hardware / driver / software configuration of your host computer, because afaik nobody else has a similar problem.
You will have to post much more detailed information, otherwise the devs cant really do anything in order to help you. If they knew about a bug, they would have fixed it already

[EDIT]
the link in your signature is a bit silly because it has spacers, and no anchor. So if you want to visit the site, you must baisically copy the text, remove all spacers, and then click enter... or of course remember the url and type it into the browser manually

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG